MIAMI - Super Bowl 44 was won by the New Orleans Saints who defeated the Indianapolis Colts 31-17. The Colts were favored by 4½ points.
TEN LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT SUPER BOWL XLIV
1. Queen Latifah's pre-game singing performance was not the worst in Super Bowl's 44 year history. Although it definitely was close, that honor still goes to American Idol alumni William Hung. At least QL sang in English whereas Hung sang n Chinese.
2. Seven babies were conceived during the Super Bowl game; and that was just in the stadium stands.
3. Carrie Underwood's white platform high heels each weighed 10 pounds.
4. None of the New Orleans cheerleaders wore any underwear. They did it because it is a Creole-Cajun tradition that is supposed to bring good luck. Well girls - it worked!
5. A Sun Life Stadium custodian took all 24 of the New Orleans cheerleaders panties and placed them on eBay. He sold them all within 20 minutes.
6. The Who guitarist Pete Townshend was named the worst dressed individual at the Super Bowl.
7. Kanye West, who was banned from attending the Super Bowl, did in fact attend. He was disguised as Mary J. Blige.
8. The stadium concessions stands broke the record for most hot dogs consumed during the game. A total of 2,873,591 hot dogs were sold, including 114 to Queen Latifah alone.
9. Other than the old National League Colt Stadium, home of the Houston Colt 45s, who later became the Houston Astros, no other stadium other than the Sun Life Stadium sells Mosquito Repellent in the concession stands.
10. The urinals in the Sun Life Stadium men's restrooms are painted orange and the normal pink urinal cakes are actually orange urinal cakes.
HONORABLE MENTION: The Goodyear Blimp was not seen during the game because it was in the shop due to a factory blimp recall dealing with the blimp's faulty radiator cap.