1) You sent me ACTION MAN in the 1960s. (GI Joe in the US?) The greatest toys I ever had! i still have them.
2) The TV series M*A*S*H. Great comedy without neglecting the sober tragedy and futility of war. M*A*S*H was funny because it was true. A great influence on a young teenager.
3) RONALD REAGAN. One of your greatst Presidents. He had no pretentions about himself. He had little ability to do the things he wanted to do, but had the knack of getting people around him who could! Even the ordinary chap (guy) can make a differnce.
4) COMING TO OUR AID in World War II. My grandfather's public house (bar) in Suffolk was full to the rafters every day with US airmen! They were a great bunch of guys!
5) Like the English you are prepared to go the EXTRA MILE.
God bless America!