1. Stand on your head. The flow of blood to your cranium will help the flow of ideas.
2. Don't look directly at what it is you are writing. Instead, look at it with a mirror. This will prevent you from becoming enamored with your own writing.
3. Drink plenty of fluids. Dehydration has claimed many talented and bright individuals.
4. One can never over-think one's words. (Wait a minute... Does that mean you should not think about things too much? ...Or don't worry about it one bit? ...And what about the word "extraordinary"...)
5. Select the right image. Entire articles have been written about the way in which a shadow falls ever-so-gently upon the surface of a beautiful face, or how a pair of underwear get hiked up between someone's cheeks just so.