The Republican National Committee today issued the party's "Statement Of Principles" on immigration. Among its points are:
1) We recognize that our brown brothers and sisters are human beings especially genetically endowed to do stoop labor and pluck chickens in huge farm factories.
2) While we support the work of Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Az, and endorse his concept of a "Tent City" as an extension of the County jail, we recommend that when temperatures inside the tents reach 120 degree the inmates be confined elsewhere.
3) While we do not support a path to citizenship for illegal aliens, we recommend an exception for undocumented immigrants who are members of the U.S. armed forces who have killed enemy forces in combat for the U.S. in Iraq, Afghanistan, North Africa, and secret missions around the world.
4) We oppose affording illegals or their children medical care at Emergency Rooms at taxpayer-funded facilities.
5) We recommend finishing the double border fence with Mexico and building observation towers every one-half mile. Then adding 40,000 more border agents, with thousands of armored, machine gun equipped desert all-terrain vehicles, along with conventional military tanks, and hundreds of well-trained guard dogs doing patrols 24-7 along the entire 2,000 mile long US-Mexican border.
The statement of principles has 17 items . They are not all presented here because they are essentially repetitions of the 5 points just enumerated.