Eric Shun asks Auntie Jean::Auntie Jean, I have accidentally come on holiday to Wales by getting on the wrong train. Is there anything I can do to stop clinical depression setting in?
Auntie Jean answers:Eric,
1) Be optimistic, try to think that something will turn up.
2) Add up all the little joyful things that happen to you during the day. For example, there was no traffic on the road, you went out for a walk in the park and noticed a pretty girl.
3) Think of your current situation (however hard it may be) and then think of how much harder some other people have it, perhaps being blown up by the Taliban, just be happy that you are not in that worse situation. Learn to enjoy your life!
4) Smile constantly, psychologists say this will help to cheer you up.
5) Try to cut your losses. If it stops raining get out of Wales on the next train to anywhere. Even Huddersfield.