Zydeco Dupree is a stand up comedian and free-lance reporter with The iRumors News Agency.
His sister Voodoo Dupree is a senior writer for Glamboyant Magazine who has interviewed such well known celebrities as Britney Spears, Michelle Obama, Simon Cowell, Ke$ha, and Honey Boo Boo.
Zydeco, who was born and raised in Louisiana, is a fan of all kinds of trivia and has just published his third book.
Following is a list of some of the more than 4,000 items listed in his book titled Traipsing Through Trivia Territory.
- Technically, hummingbirds can fly upside down but they don't like to because it makes them dizzy and very nauseous.
- Research studies have shown that three weeks before Thanksgiving turkeys get real nervous-as-hell.
- The number 7 is really an even number, but it was changed back in March of 1603, in order to even out the even-to-odd numbers ratio.
- Crickets have tremendous hearing and can actually hear other crickets chirping as far away as six miles.
- Guppies are the only known species of fish that can giggle.
- The temperature of the sun is so hot that it could cook a 20 pound Butterball turkey in just 1.2 seconds.
- Infamous train robber Jesse James' real first name was Etta.
- The inside of an adult female kangaroo's pocket smells like a cross between lilacs and a sardine.
- The homing ostrich, unlike the homing pigeon failed miserably.
- Out in the field research tests have shown that a middle aged termite on speed can totally devour a full grown California redwood tree in about 8½ minutes.
[NOTE: Zydeco Dupree's first book is titled If Brains Were Cotton, Sarah "Snowflake" Palin Would Not Have Enough To Make A Tampon For A Flea. His second book is titled Trivia Territory].