Monday 13th Aug
* Up and at em this morning - feeling better than for a long time. Medicated, ablutionised, and over the road to see Margaret, looking good.
* Walked to Bulwell, got some nosh in, and bussed home to the hovel.
* Bit of bother late on staying awake, and food came back up.
Tuesday 14th Aug
* Again, despite proper kip, I felt okay this morning.
* Medications, ablutions, diaries done for Spoof... then stubbed me toe going upstairs...
* Took some bits I got yesterday in Bulwell over to Margaret and Stew, both in fine form.
* Walked into town, got some bits for the nursing staff and Margaret, then called in Vic market to get some tomatoes and fresh garden peas - whattamistakatomaker! The toms were soft and the peas really sour! Found some tin food on special offer, and foolishly bought some - this made the walk home carrying two bags, tedious, slow and painful. Should have known better than to do it.
* Took a couple of photographs to put on me blog.
* Limped home, made a salad, and nodded off a few times.
Wednesday 15th Aug
* Bad night for sleep, woke up late with knees, stomach. sternum etc okay... but hands painful.
* Medications, ablutions, and an hour to find me second hearing-aid later... (I won't tell you where I found it, 'cause you would not believe me and think I must be mad!), on the laptop and suffered a freeze - turned her off and on again twice, and she seems to be going okay, slow, but working - did diaries and Quint graphic ASAP in case it goes down again. Oh dear oh dear oh dear!
* Got things ready to go to see Margaret later at the Theatre Royal where she's working, going to try and get some freesia's for her, they smell nice and might cover up any after-affects of the wind that has just started revealing itself. Oh dear oh dear oh dear!
* Walked to town, as the rain descended, Icalled in flower shop but they didn't have Freesias in, called at Tesco, and got some for Margaret at the same time arranging a mortgage to pay for them.
* Called to see Margaret, gave her the nibbles and flowers, she was busy.
* The rain began to belt down heavier, and I caught the bus back to Carrington.
* Added Eskine Quint review to facebook.
Thursday 16th Aug
* Woke up with a bit more bother today, ulcer, wind and knees playing up - but hands sternum and hernia not bad at all.
* Did diaries for the Spoofski, and updated blog.
* The waterworks started... and boy did they! At the moment I'm typing a few lines and then off to the WC! I was going to go to the hearing centre to get some batteries today, but don't think I ought while the... er.. what do I call it... er, the water works are so persistent! Here I go again.
* Blimey, both ends that time!
Friday 17th Aug
* Little confused this morning, thought it was Wednesday for some reason.
* Email from brother-in-law, he's going to treat me to a day in Skegness on Monday as an early birthday gift - that was nice of him, I've not seen the sea for about 30 odd years. Mind you, if I remember rightly the smell of the barred fish and chip shops might drive me crazy!
* Knees a little painful, so had a walk into town to get a bag for the trip out on Monday. Plenty of people about, hte Nottingham beach well used - that was when i realised it was Friday...
* Got some disinfectant from the 99p shop, then found a stall selling cheapo back-bags and got one. (A cheapo bag not a stall.)
* Got bus home. Did some diaries, forgot to get potatoes, must get some tomorrow.
Saturday 18th Aug
* Went over to see Stew and Margaret, only Stew there, but he was in good nick.
* Had a walk to Asda, passing the Forest where the Caribbean festival was having the final touches put to it for the weekend, fed the pigeons, and carried on to the store.
* Amazing price on small new potatoes, down from £1 to 25p a small bag! I took four bags, and a bag of red potatoes to roast for the trip out on Monday. Some tin peas, and tinned ham on offer too.
* Not a good idea I realised when I'd got to carry them all home!
* The knees gave me no bother, but the feet and hands did cause the blood was being stopped a bit with the heavy bags. Oh I am a fool... must have had to stop at least 20 times on the way back. The chest was bit painful too.
* Got home to the hovel, and using all remaining unburnt 3 saucepans to cook some potatoes. Let them cool while I did this and me blog.
Sunday 19th Aug
* In pain in chest area this morning, everything else feels fine.
* Did diaries, new ones added by Mark as requested, Brian Clough, Robin Hood and Adolph Hitler.
* Made some chicken curry for Margaret, then did my ablutions.
* Over to see Margaret (very tired) and Stew, a good chinwag, took a couple of photo's and then walked her home.
* Back to the hovel - "I thought by gum it's hot in here" - then I turned off the oven.
* Updated the weekly magazine articles.
* Tried again to sort out how to set the flippin' pre-set stations on the digital radio, gave up after an hour.
* Headphones stopped working for some reason, then I cut me arm when taking out the rubbish to the bin.
* Returned to the laptop to do this blog and magazine articles.
* Chest bothersome again, but everything else just fine.