Sarah Palin was a relatively unknown politician until Senator John McCain picked her to be his vice-presidential choice on the 2008 GOP presidential ticket.
And after "Snowflake" Palin and "Comb Over" McCain were soundly beaten in the presidential election the "Loose Moose" from Wasilla, Alaska, has tried her best to stay in the political spotlight.
The "White Wilderness Woman" with a dozen nicknames even resigned her position as governor of Alaska, to try and raise some political interest so that she could hopefully be in contention to capture the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.
But alas, that was not to be as the late Richard Burton would say.
"Snow Plow" Palin's campaign aspirations sizzled as she proceeded to show the nation and the entire world that just because she can shoot a moose with a high-powered telescopic rifle from a state-owned helicopter does not qualify her for the highest office in the land.
The woman also known as "Reindeer Hormones" quickly showed everyone that on a scale of 1 to 10 her geographical knowledge was about a 1.5, and that was a very generous 1.5 at that.
Mrs. Todd Palin demonstrated time after time that the average "Lower 48," six-year-old knew more about geography than she did.
Here is a list of...
THE TOP 10 SARAH PALIN GEOGRAPHICAL BOO-BOO'S
- Hawaii is bordered by California, Mexico, and West Virginia.
- The Florida Keys are actually part of Louisiana.
- The Great Wall of China was built in France and transported by donkeys to China.
- The Panama Canal separates Panama from Ethiopia.
- The ancient pyramids of Egypt were built entirely out of petrified camel droppings.
- The names Austria and Australia look very much alike, but Australia has four more letters; an A, an L, a P, and an F.
- Technically, South Carolina is really on top of North Carolina.
- Wales was named after that great big fish that swims in the ocean and swallows little boats.
- Most of the residents of Japan speak Japanese, and the rest speak mostly Japanese.
- Iceland was originally known as Icicleland but the name was changed to the easier to spell Iceland.
NOTE: Sarah Palin denies that she ever said that the Panama Canal separates Panama from Ethiopia since as everyone knows Ethiopia is located in Northern Europe.