In this short series of recipes we will teach readers how to prepare snacks, lunches and even 5 course dinners quickly and easily. Today we continue the series with instant soup.
1. It is important before you even consider preparing this dish that you research which flavor of instant soup you are going to have. There are many to choose from and I would suggest you carefully set aside three days to go through all the available options. Once you have a selected a flavor you then must decide on which brand. Again, spend at least 72 hours mulling over your options before you make a fiscal commitment.
2. Once you have decided on flavor and brand you must purchase the powdery mix. This can be done very quickly by completing a distance analysis of the local grocery stores. Set aside a weekend where you can walk, drive or use public transport to ascertain which store is right for you. After several trips to each store (to make things less complicated I would only short list 5 or possibly 6 stores) using different modes of transport you are probably ready to make an educated and qualified decision on which store is nearest, bearing in mind which transport method you are going to utilize on the day you purchase the soup mix. A simple graph or a designated computer program could help complete the analysis within a week. Once satisfied then make your trip to that store using one of the transport methods used in your analysis.
3. After you have purchased your mix you are ready to start cooking. Firstly empty the contents of the sachet into a bowl, let stand overnight at room temperature before transferring from the bowl into a mug. Ensure the mug has been blanched and has spent 72 hours chilled in the freezer compartment.
4. Purchase bottled water and then boil in a pan. Let it cool then boil again. Discard that water but keep the same pan. Return to store (store analysis - see step 2 and repeat) purchase more water, boil in previous pan. Allow to cool for 24 hours then transfer water into kettle. Boil.
5. Finally add the water to the mug containing instant soup. Stir vigorously for 60 minutes, ensure that soup is not too hot then taste. Once satisfied the soup is to your liking discard the soup in the mug and repeat steps 3 - 5 but do not allow cooling for 60 minutes, 58 minutes should do.
Ingredients: Instant soup and water
Preparation Time: Approximately 10 days (depending on bus routes)
Actual Cooking Time: 295 hours
Next time - How to make an omelet without the need for eggs