According to Carl Jung, (1875 -1961), a complex is 'a core pattern of emotions, memories, perceptions, and wishes organized around a common theme.' It is 'perfectly normal to have complexes because everyone has emotional experiences that affect the psyche. Although they are normal, negative complexes can cause pain and suffering'.
An example given is the case of an individual, in childhood, whose leg was amputated. Definitely, this profoundly affects his life. Now, if this happens to a great number of people in a specific location, then we have a population afflicted with this problem, just like plague. Social psychology aside, here we are faced with a mass of sick individuals. It seems the symptoms of the malady passes to future generations.
Since this is really a complicated issue, let's, after a quick explanation deal with the symptoms rather than the treatment. The history of each nation tells us what calamities happened to the same people-from Roman Empire to Falkland Islands. Of course, here we are concerned with the victims and not the victors.
History tell us that some ancient nations suffered a lot at the hands of invaders, and the invaders not only stole people's property, but also took away or raped their females, and forced the survived inhabitants to practice the victors' ideology. Now, after so many ups and downs, in 21st century, we have, say, at least one nation that shows the following sorry signs and symptoms:
1. Showing utmost passion to obtain doctoral degrees without studying hard, while applying all sorts of bribery. Paradoxically, from elementary school to university level, parents prefer the idea of obtaining an empty degree to acquiring sound knowledge
2. Practicing the same ideology that brought them down and demolished their better past, thus perpetuating their misery
3. Worshiping the dead of their enemy by building thousands of structures, small or large, on the graves of the same dead victors
4. Cooking food for the dead and distributing it to neighbors etc, after having dreamt that, say, a dead father looked frail, suggesting starvation
5. Donating religious taxes to clergies to cleanse their unclean wealth or capital or buying the clergy to act as a go-between so that God excuses them from the hell fire
6. Worshiping authorities and people in power, including garbage collectors
7. Paying various forms of bribes to people in power, including all forms of prostitution, to get their constitutional rights carried out
8. Showing no respect for the pedestrians while driving, including speeding up to prevent the pedestrian from entering the zebra lines or scaring him to walk faster
9. Not considering the front of their house as part of their community responsibility and thus leaving it untidy
10. Manufacturing, if in industry, defective goods or providing bad services including medicine, teaching etc
11. Having no respect for their females, including their wives, while beating their wives as a divine order
12. Showing no insight in anything but blindly following the teachings of their clergies
13. Ignoring mismanagement, corruption, favoritism, officials' arrogance etc as will of God
14. Hating friends, relatives and all in general
15. Not considering their daughters as their children
16. Having no objective in life except making money at any cost
17. Practicing sodomy, either being used as a child or reciprocating the same when married