My Senior Moments This Week
Monday 12th March 2012:
* Up at 0300hrs - Went to the WC. Updated reminders and medical diary in readiness for visit to GP, re ticker monitoring device being fitted. Felt peckish, put pastie in oven. Went to the WC. Went on Spoof, did diaries, found some Snippet ideas, and went to the WC. Took out the burnt pastie from the oven.
* Went to see Doctor, got prescriptions for creams. Awaiting two more appointments now. Angiogram, and Ticker monitor. Dermatology on 30th March, used their WC.
* Walked down to chemist to get prescriptions, got half way - went back to GP surgery to retrieve my hat, then back home to use the WC, then to the chemist.
* Walked into town to get some exercise, found the Wilko's 39p shortcake biscuits were now 60p! Used their WC.
* Got home, used the WC, ate, fell asleep, awoke, with an idea for the spoof, used the WC.
Tuesday 13th March 2012:
* Warfarin INR level blood tests today. Up early to do a bit on the Spoof in case I'm too tired to do any later. Made a cuppa, and apparently put the tea in the fridge as I took the milk out - responded to an urgent need in the WC - got back and searched for the cup of tea for a while, totally confused! Finding the by then cold cup of tea in the fridge when returning the milk. A first for me this one I think.
* Set off with plenty of time to spare earlier than usual on my hobble to the QMC, knowing as I do now, that they start at 0830hrs instead of 0900hrs. I arived at about 0820hrs, with about twenty people there waiting, and finding the ticket machine had broken down! A later lady came out and handed of the by now total of 30 patients waiting, a ticket each - guess who got the last one number 42?
* Still, I wasn't too bothered, there was no rush for me. I got myself seen to, and left catching the bus to town. Walked into Broad Marsh shopping centre and donated some DVD's to the charity shop, then went in the 99p shop to get some birdseed. While in the long queue at the checkouts, they opened another one, but everyone behind me beat me to it first! (Arthur Itis visiting me knees again steadied me up) Still, I wasn't too bothered, there was no rush for me.
* For once I remembered to get the batteries for the fallen wall-clock too! Eight for 99p!
* However, I cannot find the wall clock! so frustrating!
* Got home to find letter with appointment to have Echocardiagram at QMC Gateway B Cardiac at 1530hrs 30th March. This I hope will fall in line with my current appointment to see Dr Cohen Dermatology to get results and determine future plans on my welts, at QMC Gateway A on 30th March at 1600hrs?
Wednesday 14th March 2012:
* Found the wall clock! - while looking for my lost left hearing aid, naturally it had fell behind the drawers in the bedroom - why it was in the bedroom I'm not quiet sure!
* Walked to town. Three observations remained in my befuddled brain afterwards (well actually I wrote them down on theback of me crossword puzzle book):
Of all the dog shit I had to circumvent en route, ¼ of them were of the crumbling-white variety - are they making a comeback?
There are now 8 more retail units closed down on Mansfield Road, compared to when I last counted them.
Failed Retail Premises on Mansfield Road in the City
The amount of 'Ten-Bob-Note pigeon population is growing.
are they making a comeback too?
For those who do note remember the above:
A Ten Shilling (Bob) Note
A Pound Note Pigeon
A Ten-Bob Note Pigeon
White Dog Poo
* Once more caught chatting to the pigeons as I fed them - the two ladies gave me a wide berth.
Thursday 15th March 2012:
* * No Senior Moments to report today, unless of course, one has occurred that had taken affect at a later time, that my limited observational and memory cells had missed, by which time I would have become aware of it s happening in which case it may be recorded elsewhere in this log, if I remember it. (I think)
* Ah... no I did manage to drop the loo roll in the toilet!
Friday 16th March 2012:
* Walked down to the shops, pottered about trying to recall why I had walked down to the shops. Walked home.
* Stubbed me toe against the kerb on me hobble back to the shops to get me bread and potatoes.
Saturday 17th March 2012:
* Up and on the Spoof by 0350hrs - Finally finished, checked, & submitted the April forecasts!
* I made what should have been a nice mug of tea... next time I'll try to make sure the water is boiled first!
* Struggling to get down and into lower cupboard to see for the first time in years what was actually in there, a pot of Bisto Cheese granules fell out with a thud. The best-before date on it was, Dec 2004.
I wondered if I could sell it to for a TV company to use in the background on proggies about old stuff? Just a thought!
Anyway when I eventually painfully got meself into an upright position again, I clouted me head on the top cupboard corner as I banged me elbow against the cooker, with what I realised that the oven had been left on all night!
Sunday 18th March 2012:
* Woke up with a jolt, did me movement exercises, farted, found me glasses and hearing aids, started the laptop, got up, went to the WC, made a cuppa... cleaning up the milk I dropped taking out of the fridge... set about titivating and adding the weekly stuff to the Spoof - then realised it was only ten-past-two!