Saturday 4th February 2012:
* Got everything ready for the visit to the doctors to have the stitches out on Monday... then realised it was Saturday and not Monday today.
* Fell asleep again, pan of soup incinerated - again managed to salvage the saucepan though.
Sunday 5th February 2012:
* Broke up bread for pigeons ready for when it got light to feed them, then realised I'd broken the fresh bread, and left myself with the stale bread to eat.
* Tried cooking the smoked fish in the microwave oven for the first time. Instructions said to cover with paper towel cook for just three minutes. I did this, but it was not cooked properly, nearly cold actually. So gave it another two minutes... still cold... then I realised I'd got it on the 'Keep warm' setting. By then it was a mess, so had to ditch it.
* Got the frozen fish fingers out of freezer to have, but found they were well out of date, they joined the haddock in the bin.
* Had a tin of Asda Mulligatawny soup, and a tin of Morrison's Value Mandarin Segments for lunch, with stale bread. And opening them caused much cursing and pain as the lesions pressed against the metal can-opener.
Monday 6th February 2012:
* Went to visit doctor's nurse to have stitches out, then went to shops for bread and milk. Left the shop with £14 worth of assorted unwanted foodstuffs, and opened the lesion on finger when carrying it home. Got home, wiped the blood off, and realised I'd not bought any milk. Returned and got some, making sure I only took enough cash with me for the milk.
* Made a cuppa, and dropped it on the kitchen floor.
Tuesday 7th February 2012:
* Took ages to copy out the entries for the Spoof Bad Romance competition onto desktop notepad, to read them again in the impossible hope of sorting out the best three to vote for - somehow deleted them all - found out that CtrlZ does not work on Google notepad - Took ages to copy out the entries for the Spoof Bad Romance competition onto desktop notepad, to read them again in the impossible hope of sorting out the best three to vote for. Voted.
* Put cheese sauce powder in me stew by mistake for gravy powder... again!
Wednesday 8th February 2012:
* Spent a lot of time, carefully applying the cream to my increasing number of finger lesions, then went the loo and washed my hands! What a plonker!
* Got caught again talking to the pigeons as I fed them, the postman this time.
Thursday 9th February 2012:
* No Senior Moments to report today, unless of course, had one occurred that had taken affect at a later time, that my limited observational and memory cells had missed, by which time I would have become aware of its happening in which case it may be recorded elsewhere in this log, if I remember it. (I think)]
Friday 10th February 2012:
* Went out to feed pigeons and went head over tails on ice under the new snow.
* Took that long to stop the bleeding lesion, I missed my morning medications.
* Nodded off, burnt potatoes again.
* Headphone set not working (I use then for the radio, as to listen with hearing aids means it is too loud for neighbours). Twiddled with the wires in the ear pad sections for ages without any luck. Them put the headphone jack-plug into the radio!
* Got settled to listen to Charles Dickens - Our Mutual Friend serialised on Radio 4 extra, fell asleep before it started, woke up as it was finishing. (Bugger!)
* With my forgetting to take my morning medications, including the water tablets, I thought things might not be so urgent today in the 'getting-to-the-loo-on-time' department - I was wrong!
* Caught lesions while using the can-opener, dropped the can-opener, bent down to pick it up, cracked my head on the corner of cooker. (Swore prolifically)
* Went upstairs - wondered why - came down again.
* Searched for replacement hearing aid batteries for an hour or so - found them where I'd put them so I wouldn't lose them, where they belong, in the Hearing Aid Bag with the de-waxer, audio clinic record book, hooks, prodders and other tools... why I did not look there in the first place is worrying.
Not one of my better days!
Saturday 11th February 2012:
* Passed wind - then cleaned myself up.
* Got caught again talking to the pigeons as I fed them, the postman again, this time.