Bob Dylan's ongoing Asian tour was almost stopped dead in its tracks yesterday, when Chinese censors disapproved of some of the legendary singer's songs.
At first, Dylan resisted changing any of his classic tunes to pacify Chinese officials. But a quick glance at his "jingle/jangle" bank balance convinced him "to go following Yu," who is Chief Information Minister of the People's Republic of China.
"Everybody must get stoned," Dylan commented, as he handed his revised set list to Chinese officials. It is reprinted here:
- Sad Eyed Lady of the Lo Mein
- I Ain't Gonna Work on the People's Farm No More
- Just Like A Wonton
- Tangled Up in Red Tape
- Rainy Day Dim Sum, #12, Column B
- Knockin' On Beijing's Door
- Don't Think Twice, It's Fried Rice
- It's All Over Mao, Baby Blue
- I Want Hu
- Entrepreneurial Homesick Blues