A new cooking show will explore the many ways inventive and desperately poor cooks can utilize crumbs to make luscious recipes.
With the bleak economy and most people unable to afford pricey ingredients such as milk, eggs and flour, the Get Real Food Network is stepping up to prove that crumbs can be found almost anywhere and made into anything.
A spokeswoman states: "The main source of crumbs for most home cooks is your toaster. Just give it a good shake and all the wonderful brown crumbs will flow out into a pan."
According to expert chefs on the show, from the crumbs you can make any number of delicious items such as:
- Toast - reform the crumbs into the shape of bread and re-toast
- Puree of Crumbs - similar to gravy
- Crumb water - soak crumbs in water and drink the dark brown concoction. Delicious!
- Crumb patty - simmer crumbs in pan until crusty. Almost like a burger!
- Crumb Chocolate Cake - just use your imagination! You can do it!
Lucky viewers with a few condiments such as mustard and ketchup really have it made. Meatloaf, soups, salads, snacks, sandwiches and desserts can all be made with crumbs and a dash of mustard.
Next month, the Get Real Food Network will show viewers how to build a home entirely out of crumbs to go with their crumby crummy food.