LOS ANGELES - Rail thin pop celebrity Victoria Beckham was rushed to Cedars-Sinai hospital over the weekend after a close brush with some carbohydrates.
David Beckham said that while the couple has been through a lot together this gave them a "right scare!"
Victoria ran into the carbohydrates while adventuresomely opening and closing some kitchen cabinets in the Beckham mansion "to see what might be in them."
"I did it for a lark really, who would have thought that someone could have put some carbs in there!"
David Beckham is reported to have hired a private investigator to track down the source of the problem.
"We think it may have been a French fry from the previous owner, possibly McDonalds."
Entertainment Tonight, quoting an unidentified source, said Posh was rushed to the emergency room on Sunday when she became ill and was admitted overnight.
People magazine, quoting a source close to the Beckhams, said Victoria had suffered "a terrible allergic reaction. She had hives, was itchy and irritable."
The source also said Victoria "is doing fine" and that David spent the night at the hospital with her.
"She plans on writing a book about the event."
Photographers outside the hospital took pictures of the Beckhams coming and going.