A new reality show is coming to the BBC next week, threatening the ratings of the popular show "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here".
Called "I'm a nonentity, get me out of here", and set in Coventry City Centre, it charts the course of 12 anonymous members of the public who try to do totally mundane things to revive their flagging egos.
Tasks the nonentities have to complete include:
- Registering at the local JobCentre
- Purchasing a Tax Disk
- Figuring out why some goods in a £1 shop can cost less than a £1
- Browsing in HMV without having to cover their ears
- Working out the price of a return train ticket to somewhere without the use of a maths graduate
- Finding a Post Office queue and skipping it
- Trying not to lamp the checkout assistant in W H Smiths when he tells you about their amazing chocolate offer that you have absolutely no interest in
- Getting through the day without once updating their Facebook page
Hosted by Deck and Aunt, who are two very small men with very annoying Birmingham accents, they will have a set time to complete their tasks before standing in the centre of Coventry and screaming.