"Skunks have a bad reputation. People run from them. No one wants to pet one, or have one as a pet. Bad smells are either blamed on them or compared to them. This is the result of bad pubicity," said former Warner Brothers Cartoon Star Pepe' Le Pew (birth name Peter Fish).
Le Pew has hired the Hollywood firm of MCA to represent his species and improve their reputation. Agents for the firm could not be reached at their offices due to a fumigation in progress. Cell phones could not be contacted either as they had all been "turned in for cleaning."
Pepe' said that the organizational goals include the following steps:
- Reminding people that egg farts and morning breath smell bad too
- Change the name of skunk weed
- Find a newer, more pleasant sounding name for the skunk species, like "striped cats"
- Introduce more skunk toys into stores in time for the Christmas buying season and make them the toy of choice
- Try to get hot looking babes like the Jessicas (Alba and Simpson) to have skunks as pets
When asked if he had any final thoughts or plans, Pepe' said: "If misconceptions don't change and people don't start seeing things our way, I may just have to raise a stink!"