Written by Rocky Kray
Print this

Friday, 28 September 2012

A source in the Government has revealed that persons high up in the treasury have lost all the UK gold resources spread betting them away on the Facebook share offering.

"We thought we could gamble our way out of debt with 80% used buying the shares and the other 20% used buying a mix of lottery tickets and raffle tickets at the local fete"

"We got a couple of tenners back and was doing well at the raffle but the shares were a bit disappointing. Our gold stock now is valued just a bit higher than those of Ascension Island but if we impose a few cut backs we could claw our way back by the end of time" the government spokesman stated.

When asked if anyone would be prosecuted for carrying out these unauthorised trades the Spokesman laughed, "Big Bankers and Worldwide institutions get away with it, MPs get away with all sorts of fiddles and big businessmen rip everyone off so why should we get punished for having a little punt on the stock market, oh come on be fair it was a bit of fun! Had we won no one would have complained and anyway we kept a little back in our Greek and Spanish property portfolio so it will all go well in the end when the new timeshare season starts"

Make Rocky Kray's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story


Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!


What's 2 multiplied by 5?

4 11 10 21
79 readers are online right now!

Go to top

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more