Written by Abel Rodriguez
Rating:

Share/Bookmark
Print this

Sunday, 20 October 2013

image for Portugal Announces It Is Abandoning It's Trip To The Moon Program Due To Low Funds
Portuguese astronaut Valongino Valpacos, Jr., wearing a spacesuit that was donated to Portugal by NASA.

LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese Space Agency has just made an announcement that it will not be sending two astronauts to the moon in January of 2014, as they had planned.

A spokesperson for the PSA said that the space rocket and all of the supplies were in place but due to some unexpected upgrades the amount that was originally allotted for the moon journey fell short as the expenses had tripled.

No one was more upset than the two astronauts Faro Portopolvo, 59, and Valongino Valpacos, Jr., 27, who had been training 16 hours a day for the past three years.

Valpacos said that he had even postponed his wedding date since it fell on the same exact day that he was to be launched into outer space.

Meanwhile astronaut Portopolvo stated that he was really looking forward to the gobs of money in endorsements that he would have made after the moon journey.

SIDENOTE: The Portuguese government called up President Obama to ask him for a loan in order to continue with their moon exploration trip but President Obama broke out in laughter and did not stop until after 3 minutes and 35 seconds.

Make Abel Rodriguez's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

If you fancy trying your hand at comedy spoof news writing, click here to join!

Print this


Share/Bookmark

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Email:

What's 2 multiplied by 4?

4 12 11 8

Go to top