Hollywood/LA Times - The Hollywood A-List turned out in record numbers to raise money for their anointed Presidential Candidate Barack Obama, and to be musically reminded of their political past by the Liberal Diva.
The cheering crowd of Beautiful people reacted ecstatically as good will messages appeared on wide screens through out the meeting room from Iran's President Ahadinejad, Venezuelan Drug Lord Hugo Chavez, and Russia's Putin at the $28,500 per plate fundraiser.
The Long Nosed Songbird, noted for her nasal renditions on over 148 million albums, and charter member of "Mommas for Obama" after leaving the "Hysterical over Hillary" group she also founded, led the throng in hit songs reflecting Democrats' political past.
She opened with a medley consisting of :
- What Kind of Fool Am I (a rhetorical question)
- Why Did I choose You? (got me)
- Where is the wonder? (you haven't a clue)
- I Wonder as I Wander (very drifty)
To thunderous applause she recognized former President Clinton with two misty eyed remembrances:
- He Touched me (join the crowd)
- You Don't Bring Me FLOWERS (wistful thoughts on a failed 3-some)
Moving to more contemporary thoughts on world wide events Striesand warbled out:
- Little Tin Soldier (sung in Spanish for Hugo)
- Stoney End (a reference to coming Sharia Court Justice in US)
- Space Captain (to celebrate Iran President speaking at UN Sept 23)
As strobe lights lit the stage and the audience went wild, Striesand closed with the promise of things to come:
- White Christmas (celebrating new Drug Trade Agreement with Venezuela)
- Left in the Dark (Praising Nancy Pelosi's efforts to save the planet)
As the lights dimmed the teary eyed audience rose as one, joined hands and sang the Democrat National Anthem: SEND IN THE CLOWNS