Weekly Senior Moments: Temporary mental lapses(humorously attributed to the gradual loss of one's mental faculties as one grows older). of a Nottingham Man (using the term man loosely), who's impecuniousness, is critical, his education minimal, his Social Skills none-existent, his age old, his health dubious, his looks horrendous, is bald, short, pot-bellied, bespectacled, hearing aids wearer, currently suffering from Impetigo, Arthritis, Cancer, Toothache, Chilblains, and has just had a new ticker installed. His nickname in the forces, was 'Lucky'.
Sun 8th Jan 2011:
* Woke up thinking it was Monday, abluted and started to walk to the shops, then realised I'd got wrong glasses on, returning home realised it was a Sunday anyway. (My keen eye spotting the Sunday Mirror sticking out of a letter-box).
Monday 9th Jan 2012:
* Another saucepan dies as I fell asleep in the afternoon. RIP.
* Changed stations on digital radio, and the unwanted alarm is now set... can I find out how to cancel it? I don't know how I set it in the first place!
Tuesday 10th Jan 2012:
* Warfarin Blood Test Day, Walked to QMC (1hr 20min's). Got seen to quickly, and as it was now raining, and my Arthritis was playing up, I decided to catch the buses back home - then realised I had put on my new (3 years old) raincoat on instead of my well-worn 5 year old anorak, and forgot to swap the bus-pass and cash card into the pockets of the raincoat! Walked home (1hr 55min's), got wet.
* Then realised I'd left my Spike Milligan book in the waiting area at the QMC... Grrr! Idiot, twit, pratt, dolt... oh I hate myself!
Wednesday 11th Jan 2012:
* Getting my nosh ready I'd baked the spuds, tipped the flesh into a bowl, and mixed in cheese, black pepper, and black bean sauce - refilling the skins with the delicious smelling mixture.
I was returning them on the tray to the oven to brown them off, and dropped the tray!
Bent down too quickly to pick up the concoction from the floor, lost my balance and steadied myself foolishly resting my hand on the hot oven door - I swore!
Thursday 12th Jan 2012:
*'Senior Moment Free day': No Senior Moments to report today, unless of course, had one occurred that had taken affect at a later time, that my limited observational and memory cells had missed, by which time I would have become aware of its happening in which case it may be recorded elsewhere in this log, if I remember it. (I think)
Friday 13th Jan 2012:
* Went into town, to see my Margaret (lady-friend who thinks she is just a neighbour) at work in the Theatre Royal. Checked if I had everything, correct glasses, both hearing aids, keys, cash, card, bus-pass so I could get the bus back if the arthritis was playing up, medications, and reminder list of what to do!
So, off I went, walked into town, called in the Pound shop for some instant potato, then as I was approaching the Theatre Royal it dawned - it was not Thursday was iy? She does not work on a Friday, curse!
Saturday 14th Jan 2012:
* Almost had a 'Senior Moment Free day' today! Got through until about 1800hrs, and as I was filling the kettle, the urge for urinalistic activity attacked me.
I hobbled up the stairs, and as I tended to the excavationalistic needs - started to read an old transport book. I really got into it, 'The Heydays of the Trolleybus', and read it right through once again.
On getting back down to the kitchen, realised I'd left the tap on. Of course had I been wearing my hearing aids, I'd have had a chance of hearing the flow of water before climbing the stairs.
Sunday 15th Jan 2012:
* I rubbed the cream for my Impetigo, into my Chilblains, and the cream for my Chilblains into my Impetigo eruptions this morning. I'll have to wait and see what develops.