Written by Roy Turse
Rating:

Share/Bookmark
Print this

Saturday, 19 June 2010

image for Government Cuts: Rebuilding of Stonehenge now in doubt
In disrepair

Hidden among the cuts announced by the government in the last few days is a project that was originally promoted as a key Conservative initiative. The rebuilding of Stonehenge into a fully operational sports stadium was suggested as an important element of the bid for the 2018 Football World Cup.

Before the recent General Election, Conservatives had lambasted the Labour Government for letting Stonehenge fall into disrepair. They cited it as an example of Labour's failure to invest in the country's existing infrastructure, and vowed that if they won the election they would see to it that the stadium was returned to its former glory.

Now it seems that they have changed their minds. Prime Minister David Cameron has said that, due to Labour's fiscal mismanagement, the economy is in a far worse state that envisaged, and a project of this type can no longer be justified. It seems that the scale of the rebuild was also underestimated. "When we looked at the project, it became clear that only a few key structural parts of the building were usable. The rest of Stonehenge Stadium would need to be built from scratch."

It was not all bad news however. As a result of the planning application that had been submitted for the Stonehenge project, the location has now been designated a 'brownfield' site. Tesco says that their new venture will create 120 new jobs once the site has been leveled and the new Superstore has been erected.

Make Roy Turse's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

If you fancy trying your hand at comedy spoof news writing, click here to join!

Print this


Share/Bookmark

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Email:

What's 1 plus 1?

8 2 25 10

Go to top ^