All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Roy Turse

14 Pages - «« « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » »»
From General Discussion / I've run out of ideas
Posted 24 Jun 10 16:15
Quote: Jalapenoman
Here's some ideas for you:
Refrigerator magnets. That's right, I'm giving you a diamond in the rough. I don't think any of us have ever written a really good spoof on refrigerator magnets.
Cobb Salad. Go for it! Point out that there are no corn cobs in cobb salad. Show the hypocracy of the food industry! This is a potential treasure trove of great humor.

Lace Coffee Table Doilies. What can I say? It's another topic we've all ignored for just too long. Do this one right and it could lead to a Pulitzer Prize.
I hope this helps. You know I'm giving away a lot of good stuff here.

I agree, especially about the Lace Doilies. I once did an article on antimacassars. There's a whole world of furniture accessories to explore, and I feel we have only just scraped the surface - which wouldn't happen if you used a good Lace Doily.

From News Discussion / 'Killer Comet' tracking telescope destroyed
Posted 22 Jun 10 15:40
Quote: whatinthe world
This is just communist propaganda of the shoddiest kind.
I can't have a bath without six or seven communists jumpimg in with me, and Brezhnev and Kosygin are in the kitchen now eating my wife's jam.

No, Comets. Not Commies.

From General Discussion / World Cup Predictor
Posted 20 Jun 10 21:05
Quote: Skoob1999
Looking forward to that one Charpa.
The boys from Brasil should start getting into their stride.
My prediction: Brasil 3 Ivory Coast 1
Regards
Skoob.

What a result! I literally bet my pension on this - and now look - I'm a multimillion-pence-er!

Yep £1027.60 after tax. In my fund.

I can retire early - like before I die. That's the government screwed - ha! I'll take my £1027.60 and invest it and live the life of Reilly.

All the .. well you know.. .. hmph...
Roy

From Magazine Discussion / An Alternative to Standard Father's Day Gifting
Posted 20 Jun 10 20:45
Very classy article - spot on - not about me you understand - it's all them others...

Charpa93 - for my money you're a top Spoofer.

That gives you double points on the site - just tell Mark I said it was OK.. gets you into the VIP area at SpoofCon 10.

All the best
Roy

From News Discussion / Nicolas Anelka, Robert Green and Wayne Rooney set up 'Rest Of The World' team
Posted 20 Jun 10 11:28
Now I feel silly because it's not the same ad coming up.

It had been a National Trust one with the headline Unbeatable England or something.

Ah well never mind.

From News Discussion / Nicolas Anelka, Robert Green and Wayne Rooney set up 'Rest Of The World' team
Posted 20 Jun 10 09:58
Don't usually mention my own stories, but I found the advert that got stuck in the middle of this one pretty funny. Not sure if everyone will get the same ad, but it's worth a look...

From General Discussion / Two Word Stories
Posted 20 Jun 10 09:54

(yeah, I know)

From News Discussion / Police called to Big Brother House: Dave Vaughan accused of inciting Rachael hatred
Posted 20 Jun 10 09:48
I never watch it either - I thought of the 'inciting Rachael hatred' thing then Googled for recent news about people called Rachael and got a lucky break. I have no idea who these people are or what went on.

Posted 19 Jun 10 22:00

Posted 19 Jun 10 18:43

From General Discussion / Spastic Jeff Featured Writer
Posted 18 Jun 10 23:01
Yeah - body armour, knuckle dusters and teeth filed to a point - ok ready to spoof...

From General Discussion / The Swearing Thread
Posted 18 Jun 10 22:48

From General Discussion / The Swearing Thread
Posted 18 Jun 10 22:42
Just had a re-read of this thread after the football tonight. Read it all. Out loud.

That's better.

From News Discussion / Man Who Always Stood for Something, Finally Takes a Seat!
Posted 18 Jun 10 22:38

Posted 18 Jun 10 22:36
If some of you are suggesting that Agatha is actually a man pretending to be a woman, then all I can say is he looks pretty good in that red dress.

Another glass of Romanée Conti? No, sorry they won't have the '78 here, but possibly back at my place?

Posted 18 Jun 10 22:23
Quote: Charpa93

Game over.

Class finish - we should stop now

Posted 18 Jun 10 21:41
I've come into this a bit late but a) was he actually FW 'cos I didn't see it - not that he shouldn't be etc
and b) who is Agatha Nipps, because I'm pretty certain she didn't appear on my detailed list of all the spoof writers in another thread. oh and 3) at least we aren't discussing England's performance tonight.
and d) who is Agatha Nipps?

From General Discussion / England: it was bollox
Posted 18 Jun 10 21:12
Quote: queen mudder

Glad to see standards prevailing on this site.

Others might have said 'the fridge', or 'the offie' etc.

Nothing like a proper drinks cabinet to raise the profile and the alcohol/blood ratio.

QM - he's talking about the one in the back of his car

From News Discussion / Local Man Says "Sod James Corden - I'm Having A Shave"
Posted 18 Jun 10 21:08
Right. After tonight's performance, I'm not going to shave until England win a game.

Huh?

Huh?

Are you with me?

OK, or lose a game.

Or I get really itchy.

Posted 18 Jun 10 21:02
At least the goalie was ok.

Cheryl doing a starkers streak might have raised the temperature a bit, Colonel. For God, England, Harry & St George.

Harry would have enjoyed it

Posted 18 Jun 10 20:52
Sorry everyone - turns out it was my fault. If I hadn't been so negative after the first half we would have won according to my wife.

Oh deary deary me.

Posted 18 Jun 10 17:26
I wouldn't bother - Dickinson gets sent out at half time for being orange.

Posted 18 Jun 10 17:19
looks like it's James, but I'll go along with the rest

Posted 18 Jun 10 17:15
re the game though, I too am slightly jittery. But having been through this a few times now it's par for the course - we always make a meal of the group stage.

Anyway, I'm off and do a bit a of deep breathing before the build up starts, but will probably be back later.

Let's all just hope...

Posted 18 Jun 10 17:05
Ooup - missed the dissing there for a minute!

To be honest CJ, I was getting quite fond of Skoob when I thought he was a pudgy little raincoated man with a floppy hat. But now he has changed his avatar I'm quite frightened.

From now on I will only ever award him 3 stars and say his stories are 'fine'.

14 Pages - «« « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top