All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by IainB

54 Pages - «« « 50 51 52 53 [54]
From General Discussion / The last thing I remember ......Game (New members welcome)
Posted 6 Jan 09 09:08
The last thing I remember was somebody pointing out that the bungee cord was in fact a tow rope.

From General Discussion / Worst Name for a Dog
Posted 5 Jan 09 23:16
Quote: Kent Pete

Mark

Exclamation or question?

Or is it dirty?

Iain

From General Discussion / The last thing I remember ......Game (New members welcome)
Posted 5 Jan 09 23:14
The last thing I remember was thinking "has it really been a nonstop 72 hours behind the wheel of this lorry?"

Iain

From General Discussion / Similie Game Anyone?
Posted 3 Jan 09 18:04
As delirious as Kerry Katonia discovering it was Iceland the country that was bankrupt.

As low as____________

Iain

From General Discussion / Worst Name for a Dog
Posted 30 Dec 08 10:32

We had a dog called Craig.

I have, to this day, no idea why my parents chose it...when I called the dog's name in the park, half the kids turned around. Leading to the unfortunate roundabout incident.

Iain

From General Discussion / Top 10 Britishisms
Posted 30 Dec 08 10:29
Aw there's loads of Britishisms. He's a lazy bar steward only doing a handful. He could easily have done a pony, or baker's dozen at least.

I've often wondered what words mean one thing in British and another in American. And what they mean in Australian.

Like fanny in American is the back, whilst it's the front in British. Leading to an amusing story oft told by a work colleague of mine, going into a shop and asking for a bum bag*. This means something completely different in American, providing the assistants with howls of laughter. When he explained what it was, they said "Oh, fanny pack**." This means something completely different in British, leaving my colleague with howls of laughter and a story to tell ad nauseum.

Iain

*Sleeping bag for the homeless?
**Sanitary products?

From General Discussion / One for Iain B
Posted 29 Dec 08 19:24
Ah the old 'footballers' join in Liverpool's most famous chant while watched by Stevie Gerrard. It's a recurring theme in football. I last heard that story in 1925. I don't know how, as neither the song, the Kop or Stevie Gerrard existed back then. Come to think of it...neither did I.

Here's a quote for you: "If the FA expel us, I'm going to jump off a bridge."

We have people stationed with cameras across Tameside, but he hasn't returned from London yet.

No...wait...something's coming in. It's actually made it onto the BBC's web site:

Pace jumps into the Tame

It's been a very happy Christmas around here, may I wish everybody else in the world a very merry new year. IF you drink, have one for me. If you don't...I'll have one for you.

Iain

Posted 24 Dec 08 23:09

As verbose as____________

Iain

Posted 24 Dec 08 07:41
As quick as a pedant to correct a spelling error

As tall as _______________

Iain

From General Discussion / When Do You Give Five Stars To A Story??
Posted 20 Nov 08 22:44

I have principles. And if I can just roll a double six, I can have Dorothy Perkins as well.

I'd like to say I have standards, but I've been working in the computer industry so long, I've got too many standards to choose from, and now I cannot decide.

Iain

From News Discussion / Putin Pulls Out; Says Okey Dokey to his army's turnaround - because that's what it's all about
Posted 27 Oct 08 11:06
A case of the headline leading the story here.

From General Discussion / Blondes
Posted 13 Oct 08 11:50

Iain

54 Pages - «« « 50 51 52 53 [54]
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top