All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Skoob1999

416 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
From General Discussion / Apologies for the outages
Posted 5 Aug 14 21:49
What RFreed said about log-in going on a loop happened to me too, although I could access the site. Seems fine now.

Regards

Skoob

From News Discussion / Grief, Sadness and Then Anger At Tragic Loss of Live Overwhelms Social Media
Posted 20 Jul 14 17:27

Regards

Skoob

From News Discussion / Man's Huge Shit Blocks Toilet During Girlfriend's Visit To Condo
Posted 13 May 14 22:48
Just snorted lager froth all out me nose!

Regards

Skoob,

From News Discussion / Donald Sterling Banned For Life From Every Organization With Initials
Posted 5 May 14 22:33

From General Discussion / Season's Greetings
Posted 24 Feb 14 23:25

Posted 24 Feb 14 19:09
Aaargh! Frank! Don't make your number public. Anything could happen.

Regards

Skoob.

From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 21 Feb 14 04:11
Nation accordingly theoretically is only nomenclature.

From News Discussion / Local Bachelor Prefers Drinking Milk of Froot Loops Over Milk of Coco Puffs
Posted 21 Feb 14 04:08

I miss Fergus. He used to put me in my place, God love him.

He was nice. You're nice too Monkey Woods. Sometimes.

But not in chess games. You're a ruthless warrior at the old chess.

Anyway, hope everyone's having fun here.

Toodle pip.

From Magazine Discussion / What are you doing this year?
Posted 9 Jan 14 02:49

Posted 7 Jan 14 03:59
Classic loser always singing stupid idiotic codswallop.

Posted 28 Dec 13 08:28

(Just thought I'd slip that one in. Ooh-err MISSUS!)

Posted 20 Dec 13 19:46
Merry Christmas all, and may 2014 be good to you.

Kindest Regards

Skoob.

From General Discussion / What have you all been up to?
Posted 6 Dec 13 03:06

Best wishes to all.

Regards

Skoob.

From News Discussion / World's first butcher for vegetarians opens
Posted 13 Aug 13 18:07
Bring back Martin Shuttlecock! That's what I say!

But then I would, wouldn't I?

Regards

Skoob.

From News Discussion / Queen To Be Privsatised!
Posted 13 Jul 13 02:56

From General Discussion / Cocks on the dunghill syndrome
Posted 7 Feb 13 03:14
I get the frustration expressed in that post.

A couple of points:

I'm a fairly robust character, and I take most things in the right spirit. All this bitching about trolls and being blamed for killing this place, I do find a tad irksome.

For example:

In September, whilst I was making my father's funeral arrangements I was lambasted here for being a 'Judas'

I can live with that. I dealt with it in private and was never even granted the courtesy of an apology. This from a barely literate moron. With zero sensitivity and no sense of timing whatsoever.

This buffoon keeps coming back here wondering why nobody wants to play ball. Personally, I don't play ball with idiots.

Now for the part which gets me banned:

Queen Mudder...

You continually bang on about trolls - yet you're the worst offender.

There's a history attached to this, and it's why some people got banned and others chose to withdraw.

Some of us went out of our way, and at considerable expense to make an American visitor welcome to our humble shores. For that unforgivable offence I was personally lambasted by said person's partner when nothing could have been further removed from the truth. The accusation was that we were all just taking the piss. It was wrong on all counts.

When I copied you (QM) that email, you dismissed it. It didn't matter. Maybe not to you, but it mattered to me.

You then privately contacted me because you took a dislike to Colonel Juan. You were looking for a reason to discredit the man because he didn't quite match up with the Royal seal of approval. You and others took exception to this man because he had the temerity to express an opinion.

Then, Lynton - who's just about the nicest and most considerate person anyone could ever wish to meet - gets trashed by yourself, and another 'top writer' and advised to get a life and visit a hospital if he wants to see the really important things in life. This coming when his own son was in hospital at the time. I hope you feel proud of that. And your Texan buddy.

You then took Lady Godiva (Who you describe as a troll, which is fair enough) under your wing, and OMG! What an inspired piece of good judgement that was. You introduced her to the delights of Satire World. Which in part explains what your knobhead of a mate seems to infer, in that initially I did write there, because, and perhaps misguidedly I kind of liked Bargis. I wanted to give him a hand. But that was all before what your treasured racist butthole of a friend alleges. It was all before those slimebags started tossing shit in our direction. They even had a pop at Ellie - what did we ever get from you?

Nothing. You supported all of that crap. And you parade around here talking about trolls?

Then when the Dorking Review came out, the shit really hit the fan. Satire World went mad, putting up stories about Spoof writers using real names and even pictures. Those pictures could only have been assigned to one source. The same one that you asked me to have a word with the gaffer about on his behalf in order to get him reinstated. That was so far out of order it was off the scale, and you complain about trolls?

When I asked you privately why you continued to subscribe to something so immoral, you told me that it was because you could 'get away' with more there than you could here.

They slagged Mark off in an unforgivable manner, and you supported that. Do you hear this Mark? (They ran 'stories' about you drinking your own piss, and me riding a bike without a saddle because apparently I'm partial to a spot of bum love. And she was fully aware of what was happening, yet refused to condemn it. She fucking lapped it up.)

Back to you, QM - suck on this:

It didn't even matter - and despite you being in full possession of all the facts - when my wife was undergoing cancer treatment, you didn't give a fucking toss.

Then you became an administrator - without much success. That was a PR disaster on an epic scale, because you think you're so clever that nobody could possibly have an alternative opinion to your own. All you and your cadre seem to be concerned about is yourselves. Not a single one of you eyeball whores give a flying fuck about other users. It's the likes of you and a couple of like minded idiots that have ripped the heart out of this place.

Some of us tried to be constructive here, but we've been thwarted at every turn by idiots who can't see the wood for the trees. People have been banned for stating an honest opinion.

We warned that the Google ban would happen, because of the saturation level of utter shite being spewed forth, and the next exclusion will come from Stumble - because you're flooding it with garbage.

You want to talk about trolls? I'm familiar with trolls.

AND THAT'S MY FINAL WORD ON THIS AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOUR WIFE HAS CANCER OR YOUR DAD JUST DIED - JUST GIVE ME MY FUCKING POINTS!

From General Discussion / Cocks on the dunghill syndrome
Posted 6 Feb 13 23:56

Regards

Skoob.

From News Discussion / Man Who Rushes To The Front Of Plane When It Lands To Get Off First A Total Prick Claims Fellow Passenger
Posted 6 Feb 13 18:46

Regards

Skoob.

From General Discussion / Dear Spoof
Posted 6 Feb 13 18:40

I'm with Philbert.

Is the 'Dear Spoof' thread still running?

Kindest

Skoob of Macedonia.

From General Discussion / One-Thumb tosser
Posted 6 Feb 13 05:06

Weren't you the one who unleashed that person on that site and said that you did it because you got more leeway there than here?

Sorry, but it's time to bite the bullet.

This is addressed to the Quoon Mudderf...

So...tell me this...

You once informed me - in spite of evidence to the contrary that internet abuse is okay.

I can live with that.

What I find sort of difficult to resolve is when it gets personal.

And by God it got personal - nothing from you by way of reaction or support. Just nothing. One way or the other. You were well aware that there were some potentially damaging things going on, yet you never denounced any of it. Rather, you revelled in it. Just my opinion.

It really gets my goat that some of us did our best to make things work here.

You conducted a personal vendetta which was so far off base it was patently ridiculous.

You want me to go on, and completely take you to the cleaners? That would be too easy.

Now, do I carry on? Or do I shut up?

The point is that the people who are actively destroying this site and all it ever stood for are the points hounds.

AND THAT'S MY FINAL WORD ON THIS!

Posted 5 Feb 13 20:59
I used to chase people like that off, but I kept getting my legs smacked for doing so.

Regards

Skoob.

Posted 26 Jan 13 16:48
Get on with what? I've posted maybe three comments here in a month, and I haven't submitted anything for a while either.

The point is, my friend, that I no longer have the enthusism for posting silly stories and getting wrapped up in inane arguments with a bunch of narcissistic points junkies.

I've moved on and am doing other things. I doubt very much that I'll have the time or the inclination to return. You've got what you strived for - you got rid of the 'gang.'

Did it ever occur to you that the reason people aren't responding to you is that perhaps you don't really have anything worthwhile to say?

Regards

Skoob.

Posted 26 Jan 13 08:12

Sometimes people get one starred/thumbed.

It usually depends on the subject matter. Or maybe the readership just thought the article was crap.

It's just one of the hazards of putting things out for public consumption. You tend to...erm...get a reaction from the public...

Unless of course you disable comments.

Regards

Skoob.

Posted 26 Jan 13 07:53
Respect from their colleagues eh? I don't see that. Not on any level. All I see is vindictiveness.

It wasn't me by the way. May I add that I don't know who it was. Nor do I particularly care.

It's funny - I was having a nostalgic look through the forum entries a couple of nights ago. One thing which kept the forum going was spirited debate, and when that dies so does everything else.

I really don't understand all this whining about times gone by, one star bandits, lack of activity, blah blah blah ad nauseum.

I also fail to comprehend how anyone can ever be remotely surprised that when they want everything their own way, and they achieve that - they then go on to lament a lack of lively discussion?

The people who kept this forum buoyant have drifted off into the ether. That's just the way it is. Get over it and get on with it.

JO - not being personal, but you were complaining about a lack of forum input as long ago as 2009. Yet all you ever did for the most part was add superfluous and quite frankly worthless one line comments in pidgin German which nobody ever understood anyway.

Or acronyms where you couldn't even follow the basic rules.

At one point, had somebody asked me if the Acronym thread represented the general mentality of this site, I'd have said that "it's just a bit of fun." And been slightly embarassed.

When the validity of this as a site 'lead in' was questioned, it turned into world war three.

You wanted rid of me - as did others - you have that.

The point being that the loss you're continually banging on about is largely due to your own attitude. It really is not my problem that nobody chooses to respond to your thought provoking and deeply analytical observations.

Regards

Skoob.

Posted 21 Jan 13 01:57
Stage temporary. All grand entertainment.

416 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top