All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by victor nicholas

150 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
From News Discussion / Onion offers To Buy Out Spoof and Eliminate Embarrassing Satire
Posted 18 Apr 15 00:40

Quote: Ellie James

I don't get it. Publishing anywhere should warrant correct spelling, correct grammar, etc. It matters for every writer I come across. It doesn't matter where your drivel is located on the internet! While it's true there are a lot of stories on here I don't get, or personally find funny because they aren't my cup of tea, but at least the vast majority are spelt correctly, and are punctuated properly. I know there are a few errors that are missed, but the moment they are spotted, the writer tends to correct them.

And, there are a few very successful writers (novelists) who post here who are quite funny and they take the time to make sure the alleged crap they write on here is written in...I don't know...proper English!

From General Discussion / Fancy That
Posted 16 Apr 15 03:33
Must have been a bit of a suprise, not many pigeons get to be the size of a dugong.

From General Discussion / spoof editors tampering with writers original material?
Posted 15 Apr 15 00:17
I agree, but he is angry, good grist for the mill. Will he be a superhero or a villain, only time will tell.

From News Discussion / Onion offers To Buy Out Spoof and Eliminate Embarrassing Satire
Posted 14 Apr 15 23:26
A fine effort, nouns, verbs, punctuation, it's all there.

From News Discussion / Isle Of Wight News - New Smuggler Theme Park Set To Rival Canada's Wonderland
Posted 8 Apr 15 02:47
This sounds like one of those wild African Safari theme parks with no fences

From News Discussion / Shock at Latest Young Briton Tempted Abroad by Extremist Sect
Posted 8 Apr 15 01:35
You can reach more people with television than a machine gun

From News Discussion / Shock at Latest Young Briton Tempted Abroad by Extremist Sect
Posted 7 Apr 15 02:41
An interesting take on radicalization of our youth

From News Discussion / Study finds "referring to yourself in third person" still most reliable way to get ahead in career
Posted 31 Mar 15 02:13
Einstein demonstrated his theory that time could move backwards using a simple staple remover

From General Discussion / The "N" Word Comedy Sketch
Posted 30 Mar 15 12:06
This is a good slogan for a cap, tee shirt, movie

From News Discussion / Man From Duck Dynasty With Silly Looking Beard Talks Utter Crap
Posted 28 Mar 15 00:41
Nice percussive angry rhythm going on here.

From General Discussion / James Corden
Posted 26 Mar 15 03:28
If Corden starts eating his guests ratings may suffer, or would they?

Quote: D P Whitehead

James Corden looks like Gary Barlow after he has eaten the rest of Boyzone.

From General Discussion / James Corden
Posted 25 Mar 15 23:24
Corden is already on twice a day, late night and late afternoon.

Mus'nt sleep much.

From News Discussion / Stock photo model admits "My life isn't that exciting"
Posted 25 Mar 15 22:52
Just a catalogue, thumbing through pages, getting up now and then to change the channel.

Quote: Erskin Quint

In the old days this would have been written about catalogue models. Then again, it wouldn't, as there would have been no internet, hence no Spoof in those days.

Isn't linear Time a killer?

Posted 23 Mar 15 23:02
As nice s on the supermodel, who could argue with that.

Ah, thank you Victor, ever the calm voice of reason in a turbulent time. Personally, for a plural, I would have opted for just putting an 's' on the end, but what do I know?

From General Discussion / 'Officials seize half a ton of radioactive sanitary pads'
Posted 21 Mar 15 22:55

From General Discussion / The Spoof is Home to Funny Writers
Posted 21 Mar 15 00:02

I agree with Nick.

Posted 20 Mar 15 22:47

I not certain about this but am willing to wager that a "call team" is the plural of super model. It is not in common use I believe due to the scarcity of young women of this category less so for groups of them of any number.

With the availability of stockphotos, you can have a cracking hot secretary, need a picture of a call team comprised of supermodels you can have that. How about a baby hedgehog with an apple stuck to its spines? It's all possible now thanks to the emergence of these stock sites.

"In most European countries, hedgehogs are believed to be a hard-working no-nonsense animal[citation needed]. This partially results from the folk belief that hedgehogs collect apples and mushrooms and carry them to their secret storage." (Wikipedia)

I have to say that my personal experience does not tally with any of this stuff about hedgehogs, as most of the hedgehogs I know are far from "hard-working no-nonsense". Yes, they collect mushrooms (magic ones I reckon, from the way they carry on). But I have never seen one with an apple on its spines.

Also, what is a "call team comprised of supermodels"?

Posted 19 Mar 15 04:06

From News Discussion / Harriet Tubman to Replace George Washington on US Dollar Bill
Posted 12 Mar 15 17:20

From News Discussion / Study finds "referring to yourself in third person" still most reliable way to get ahead in career
Posted 10 Mar 15 01:40

From General Discussion / The Spoof is Home to Funny Writers
Posted 6 Mar 15 02:54

From Magazine Discussion / My Mother Was A Margarine Smuggler
Posted 6 Mar 15 02:33
A funny border crossing story I recall is that a young suspect was strip searched, told to bend over and spread his cheeks.

Eager to cooperate he bent over, placed his forefingers in the sides of his mouth and pulled his cheeks apart

From News Discussion / Canadian claims disability allowance after sprouting antlers
Posted 3 Mar 15 04:48
Not really a disability if competing for a mate by head butting

From General Discussion / War on Terror
Posted 12 Jan 15 21:07

From General Discussion / War on Terror
Posted 10 Jan 15 14:21
I guess guns are OK if you ride horses and wear a cowboy hat

150 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top