All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Monkey Woods

198 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 4 Jul 15 01:15
Could you change that to Boris Becker, Dunc?

Dumplings: usually meat, potatoes; lovely in nice gravy, scumbag.

Posted 25 Jun 15 05:35
Stolen, taken or lent; essentially 'nobbled'.

Posted 13 Jun 15 06:53
Sherwood has essential role weaning owner off drugs.

Posted 16 May 15 07:44
Thickheads have incredible craniums; knobheads haven't, except as dummy shitheads.

Posted 12 May 15 05:11
Apocalypse: period of cataclysmic alteration, like your parent's sexual enlightenment.

Apocalypse; period of catastrophe, a light year producing sensational ending.

Choose one.

From News Discussion / Man Walking Dog In Woods Doesn't Find Murder Victim
Posted 12 May 15 01:45

I am going to use it in a story, and maybe a poem as well.

Thinks: fond, pond, blond, James Bond... yes, there's definite potential here.

Yours,

Sad Bastard

Posted 6 May 15 05:42
Gothic: obsolete tongue, heard in Crimea.

Posted 2 May 15 01:18
Egregious: gross, really extraordinary grossness. I often use 'shocking'.

Posted 30 Apr 15 01:36

Posted 29 Apr 15 05:17
Divinity, I venture, invented not in Tadcaster, Yorkshire.

Posted 28 Apr 15 04:06
Graveyard: residences are very eerie, yes, and residents dead!

From General Discussion / Evidence that Mark doesn't wear a towel on his head
Posted 24 Apr 15 01:45
From General Discussion / Evidence that Mark doesn't wear a towel on his head
Posted 23 Apr 15 05:47
I'm sorry that Ellie locked that other thread, dave, because I wanted to offer evidence to show that I think Mark is not an Islamist, a Muslimist or anything else similar.

There's this:

http://www.thespoof.com/spoof-news/world/27865/hajj-gets-under-way-amidst-calls-for-no-crushing

and others I will dig out for you.

Here's another:

http://www.thespoof.com/spoof-news/world/15253/year-of-the-pig-sets-off-increased-muslim-outrage

From News Discussion / Onion offers To Buy Out Spoof and Eliminate Embarrassing Satire
Posted 17 Apr 15 05:29
Quote: dave nelson

I just dash these Spoofs off because my time is absorbed by writing professionaly.

And, presumably, rewriting your work because it is badly punctuated, contains words that are poorly spelt, and lacks anything regarded by the vast majority of people as 'humour'.

Only losers would spend time deliberating over a creation that will be read by a mere handful of mostly unfunny idiots!

...and only a loser would spend time deliberating over a forum post that will inevitably get pulled to bits by other losers who are laying in wait by the side of the road for this kind of 'discussion', and rarely miss the opportunity to devour one.

Trust me; I am one of those waiting losers.

Kiss my funny ass!

I can't. Your head and neck are in the way.

From News Discussion / Onion offers To Buy Out Spoof and Eliminate Embarrassing Satire
Posted 16 Apr 15 04:15

From General Discussion / Dominique A
Posted 14 Apr 15 05:10
I know it's music, and this isn't a music site, but has anyone heard any of this guy's stuff?

He's French, and grew up during the punk era, but it's not punk.

I was on a Finnair flight a couple of years ago, and listened to one of his albums, Vers Les Lueurs. I eventually got hold of it, and today I listened to some more on YouTube, including Les Immortals and Le Courage Des Oiseaux. Really good.

Only one thing: quite a few of the songs seem to be about some blokes called Des and Les.

Let me know what you think.

From General Discussion / spoof editors tampering with writers original material?
Posted 14 Apr 15 04:46

Here's an idea for Monkey Nuts ... and you other critics with no writing creds:

Well, at least you got that right, 'dave'!

Or whoever you are.

From News Discussion / Charles and Camilla Mark 10th Aniversary With A Good Old Fashioned Wank
Posted 13 Apr 15 05:12
You see! This is the kind of filthy, uncalled-for nonsense that I have been talking about, and which I have come to expect and love from this lad!

Love and best wishes,

Tatty Mullet

From General Discussion / spoof editors tampering with writers original material?
Posted 13 Apr 15 05:05
I have to say that there has been other stuff on here in the past that "wasn't funny", and which wasn't, to my knowledge, altered in any way.

Censored, yes, but altered?

The thing is, here, that, if dave nelson's stuff started to become popular on the web - no matter how unlikely some people think that might be - we would have to consider how much of that were down to his 'magnificent writing ability', and how much to Mark's editing skills.

Posted 10 Apr 15 01:33
Quote: Skoob1999

Okay MW. Be round about tea time. What are we having?

Nothing you'll like. Or I'll like, either. There is a rather annoying lack of fish 'n' chip shops around here.

Skoob, if it's not too much to ask, and you have the time, could you find me a nice job back in the UK, please? I like proofreading, but I suppose stacking shelves at either Tesco or Asda would do. I don't like Sainsbury's very much - the colour scheme doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks! Let me know when I start, and where to go etc.

Yours,

M

Posted 9 Apr 15 01:41
Quote: Mark

Hiya. Yeah, I turned the article into a joke, so that it's funny.

I added a couple of parts, the setup, then the punchline.

Holy Crap! The management is changing the stories!

Quote: Mark

From time to time it is necessary in editing to give weaker stories a bit of pizzazz to make them stand out more.

I always thought someone had been tampering with my commas.

Skoob, I was definitely in. I stayed in all night waiting. I even cancelled my ballet class.

Never mind. Just pop in whenever you're free.

Posted 7 Apr 15 06:22
Quote: Skoob1999

Maybe the editor found it lacking.

Lacking, Skoob? Lacking what?

I think dave nelson has a valid question, even if, as you seem to be inferring, his story wasn't up to much. It would be the first time I've heard of stories being 'edited' by anyone other than the original writer, but maybe I've just been walking around in a daze for 8 years.

But anyway, I have an idea! Let's have a competition! Not a Caption Competition, but a competition based around the 'added sentence':

and they pulled up their pants and left the store

Voting as usual, whatever that is. First prize 1 billion points, second prize 1 million points, third prize moot points. Other prizes could be available if any more than three people enter the comp.

Agreed?

Ring me later with your answer.

Posted 6 Apr 15 08:17

Posted 4 Apr 15 10:13

Posted 4 Apr 15 10:12
"Ecoutez!" Continental order urging trippers entering zoo.

198 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top