All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Monkey Woods

204 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 19 Jan 17 00:56
Affirm factory farming is "really mental".

Posted 17 Jan 17 09:22
Knowledge not often wanted, like enormous, dirty great encyclopedia.

Posted 13 Jan 17 23:57
Greenland: really expensive, exciting northern location, and nearby Denmark.

From News Discussion / Hull Set To Be Renamed 'Hell' As Part Of Tourism Drive
Posted 13 Jan 17 10:41

Posted 12 Jan 17 15:15
Speech praised extremely economical central heating.

Posted 12 Jan 17 15:12

Even when I pop back to see me Mam, I don't go to the matches anymore. Me Mam's got a season pass, so has me sister, and they're always asking me to go, but I don't. See, it's like I associate my love of the club with a particular time in my life. Me Dad, the seats we had, the players of that time, the kits, the whole package, it's in a kind of 'time bubble' for me. The whole concept of football and of being a HCFC fan meant something else back then. There were players FROM HULL in the team; now, most of the side are either players who see us as a 'stop-gap' on their way to somewhere else, or foreign imports.

Money, and big financial backers who can't afford to lose their investments have changed things in a way I won't buy into. When I say I'm a City fan these days, I really mean "I used to be a staunch fan until the mid-80s, then I became just a fan".

It's still in me, somewhere, but more in the mind than anywhere else.

From News Discussion / Rioter selected for Team GB
Posted 12 Jan 17 03:45

A charming little tale.

From News Discussion / Coronation Street Crisis
Posted 12 Jan 17 03:42
Ah, yes, that's Britain as I remember it!

Posted 12 Jan 17 03:32
Evenings: 'very early night' in nice, gentrified speech.

Posted 12 Jan 17 02:04
Spot on, JO. New manager might bring something to the club though. Plenty of time left. We only have to finish 17th to stay up, but I can't help wondering whether staying up and merely 'avoiding defeat' is the way to go.

Maybe you won't fully understand this, but when I was a kid and started going with my Dad in 1970, City were a Second Division club. Win some, lose some, draw the others. Great games, great players, great goals and always, a great atmosphere. We had HOPE, yes, but no EXPECTATION, and no NEED to stay up because of financial consequences.

We enjoyed our football. I'm not sure fans today enjoy it in the same way we did.

Posted 11 Jan 17 02:54
No, but that's only because heaven doesn't exist. You, for your sins, will go 'the other way'.

Back to Erith.

Posted 10 Jan 17 02:59
Dancehall: a neighbourhood centre, entertaining hooligans and lovely ladies.

Posted 10 Jan 17 01:19
Danced, and nigh-on crammed every dancehall!

Posted 10 Jan 17 01:17
Kinked? In nearby Kilburn, everybody danced.

Posted 10 Jan 17 01:02
Yes, I see. Well, that ferry docks about 8am, and, it being 'the docks area', there isn't much around there to enthrall the casual visitor.

But to us, the residents of the City of Culture, that dockland, which you and your spouse were so eager to escape, is the very lifeblood of our community. An empty, dreary and desolate - not to mention sinister-looking wasteland - to 'outsiders', but 'home' to the locals. (To be continued)

When I can be bothered to make up some more lies.

Posted 9 Jan 17 10:49
Heavens! Every arsehole vagrant emits nasty stink.

Posted 9 Jan 17 02:10
I am surprised that your hasty exit from the City of Culture brought you to the Yorkshire Moors, they being some distance away.

Could it be that you 'docked' in Leeds, or Bradford, perhaps?

Posted 6 Jan 17 05:48
Spoofbiz: perversion of 'our funny business'; its zenith.

Quite pleased with that.

Posted 6 Jan 17 02:51
I know, I know, Vic, but I'm too busy scratching me knackers.

Posted 5 Jan 17 14:11
Ah! Right, I'm glad you asked that! Well, where to start? Er, I suppose one would have to begin with ... er ... well, I think I should mention the er ... Hmmm, wait a minute, it's not so easy to think when you put me under intense pressure like that. Er, there's the various museums: Town Docks, Whaling, Transport, William Wilberforce House, Ferens Art Gallery, Amy Johnson statue, Philip Larkin statue, the Old Town (with cobbled streets), Queens Gardens, the magnificent Hull New Theatre and the better-known and world-renowned Hull Truck Theatre, and various shows, exhibitions and events being staged throughout 2017. Look at the website, y'lazy bastard.

From February, there's a COUM installation somewhere. You'll like this if you're a Throbbing Gristle enthusiast.

And, of course, who isn't.

Posted 5 Jan 17 02:15
I have no information on this topic (laughs nervously).

On a related topic, The Sun 'newspaper' printed a scathing article on Hull on January 1st about which the residents of that great city are not entirely pleased. The report detailed how, on New Year's Eve, police were called to 'an incident' every 47 seconds (it must have been a quiet night, or raining). The Sun report attempted to portray Hull in the worst light possible, but its flairless writer rather 'watered down' the effect of the piece, with the news that, horror of horrors, "a drunk man in Bristol fell over at a bus stop", whilst "a man in Leeds was seen urinating up a wall".

And where else, you may ask, should one urinate during a night of debauchery on New Year' s Eve?

Those Southern jessies!

Posted 5 Jan 17 01:54
Everyone, verily everyone, respects your overwhelmingly nice efforts.

Posted 4 Jan 17 12:44
Now come on, Vic, it is the company's name...

Posted 4 Jan 17 02:09
My son, who still lives in Thailand, posted a picture on Facebook that he took in Bangkok of the signage outside a Tesco Lotus. The sign said

TESCO Lotns

Well, it was almost right.

Dullards.

Posted 3 Jan 17 11:27
Yacht: a completely high-society trinket.

204 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top