Forum Home / Login / Register

All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Mark

57 Pages - «« « 52 53 [54] 55 56 » »»
From General Discussion / This one made me smile...
Posted 17 Mar 07 09:35
First off, I didn't really take to this story. I figured: "Caves, bears, sure, I can dig that."

It was funny, but nothing brilliant.

Then there's the twist at the end. I should've seen it coming, but it just hit me. Very funny!

Here it is:
Discovery of Caves on Mars Leads Scientists to Obvious Conclusion... Martian Bears.

From General Discussion / Misheard lyrics
Posted 8 Mar 07 14:50
Erm...well...erm, it was on somebody else's stereo - honest!

From General Discussion / Misheard lyrics
Posted 8 Mar 07 14:32
Just listening to Elton John's 'Your Song' - with Ronan Keating.

There's one lyric, "I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss..." - the only problem is it's sung by Keating and due to his unfortunate speech impediment, where he seems to slur everything (so 's' sounds like 'sh' ), this comes out as "I shat on the roof".

So not so much a misheard lyric, because that's what he actually says - but it made me laugh anyway

From General Discussion / ANS details
Posted 28 Feb 07 08:32
I was just reading about ANS's death on Wikipedia and was amazed by this revelation:

According to Seminole Police Chief Charlie Tiger, at 1:38 p.m. (18:38 UTC) Smith's bodyguard Big Moe, who is a trained paramedic,[2] called the hotel front desk from her sixth floor room. The front desk in turn called security, who then called 911.

Why didn't the bodyguard dial 911 himself direct?

It later goes on to say that the bodyguard started to administer CPR at 1:45 - 7 minutes after calling front desk. And he's a trained paramedic?!

From General Discussion / Anyone here drink Coca Cola C2?
Posted 21 Feb 07 22:42
How many crabs per can? You're telling me that tastes good?!

We don't have Coke C2 over here, but we do have Carling C2...a rip off methinks?

From General Discussion / I love these warnings
Posted 21 Feb 07 22:38
I just remembered I wrote a story about a similar deal Woman hospitalised after pubic lice removal attempt

I was working part time in a supermarket back then and it always used to make me chuckle every time I saw the can.

Wow that was over three years ago

From General Discussion / I love these warnings
Posted 21 Feb 07 17:32
Just saw this article come in: Water Presents Danger to Small Children.

Made me think of the following warning they have on matches (in the UK at least):

Fire Kills Children

From General Discussion / Werther's Originals blamed for rise in pedophile crime
Posted 20 Feb 07 15:05
In case anyone missed it, here's the link Werther's Originals blamed for rise in pedophile crime

Posted 19 Feb 07 09:55

Oswald's dallas window fetches 3 million.

The glass removed from the window was taken by military jet to Washington, so members of the commission could look through it and see if Oswald could have had a reasonable view of the Presidents motorcade.

Posted 19 Feb 07 09:50

Nick Nicholas The Nighttime Knicker Nicker; Nicked

From General Discussion / Funny real news
Posted 8 Feb 07 16:20
From General Discussion / Vicar of Dibley
Posted 12 Jan 07 01:34
Quote: Monkey Woods

Quote: Mark Lowtonthe second written by a monkey, equipped solely with a stick and a bucket of poo.

Sensitive people can be hurt, you know.

What do you think about Jam and Jerusalem?

Hi Monkey, no offence intended - I'm sure your writing is lovely...no matter how it smells...

Jam and Jerusalem - Well I think it all it does is highlight how good an actress Sue Johnston is. But I think that is all.

Dawn French's character is laughable (not in a good way) as is Jennifer Saunder's cringeworthy old woman character - it adds absolutely nothing. And their acting skills in these roles proves...well...nothing?

The character who play's Johnston's daughter (sorry, I'm not an avid fan) is pointless, as is her son...so she's a hippy, and he's black...hmm, political? No. Bollocks, yes! Her character is totally unbelievable of a woman of her age. If she were 18, then maybe it would hold water, but that woman's 30 if she's a day - just totally unbelievable...although I could imagine one of my ex's sister could turn out like that (sorry )

I remember the first episode more than any others I've been subjected to...and I don't remember much. The most I remember was the cringeworthy (and yes, I think that word does sum up this programme) funeral service for the father of the character played by Sue Jonston. It was simply sickening...and the attempt at levity was questionable.

The last "comedy" (other than VoD) I saw starring Dawn French was some God awful sitcom where she worked in a Post Office and was a lesbian (sorry, I can't remember the title).

As far as I remember - and I don't remember much - this programme was showing a conservative (and perhaps backwards) island population's reaction to lesbian relationships...but I could be wrong

From General Discussion / link to the FCC Howard 100 news story
Posted 12 Jan 07 00:39
Hi Buck E - I think the news of this interview is marvellous.

I once got some radio exposure for The Spoof. Sadly, it was a local radio station...and when I say local I mean an audience of about 3 people and a field of sheep...maybe two fields...

Well done

Posted 1 Jan 07 22:56
If you need some background on VoD look here http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/vicarofdibley/

Posted 1 Jan 07 22:16
This is probably only pertinent to the Brits - But what's the deal with the latest and (thankfully) final episodes of the Vicar of Dibley?

Don't get me wrong - I love the VoD. I thought the original series were absolutely ace.

Then they brought out a special episode a couple of Christmases ago and it was some bollocks political statement about the poor in Africa. The scripting was absolutely dire and the comedy was cringeworthy.

Then come these latest two episodes. The one aired on Christmas day - Brilliant! Very true to the original writing, style of comedy, everything. I finally thought this rut of poor quality sitcom writing we seem to be stuck in might have been making a turn around.

But currently, as I'm just watching the remains of the second episode of this two-parter, I'm absolutely gobsmacked. I truly believe they must have split the episodes in two: one written by a comedy genius, the second written by a monkey, equipped solely with a stick and a bucket of poo.

Does anyone else share these sentiments, or is it just me?

From General Discussion / Happy New Year!!!
Posted 1 Jan 07 12:48

Thank you again to everyone for all your hard work in 2006 - looking forward to 2007!

We topped 600 stories last month!!! Totally unprecedented!

Posted 21 Dec 06 00:37
When I first saw this headline I thought it said Paris Hilton Syndrome.

'aris Syndrome' strikes Japanese

Ah, the French, c'est formidable!

Many of the visitors come with a deeply romantic vision of Paris - the cobbled streets, as seen in the film Amelie, the beauty of French women or the high culture and art at the Louvre.

The reality can come as a shock.

From General Discussion / Movie Game
Posted 19 Dec 06 15:19
Yeah, looks like Willis won that one - Well done! You must be an absolute film buff.

I hardly know the names of most of the big players in movies - bit of a silly move me starting this game really

So, does someone want to start another game? Make it anything you like.

Posted 14 Dec 06 17:14
Jim Carrey -> Bruce Almighty -> Jennifer Aniston

...I hope we haven't had her already - I'm afraid I haven't been paying full attention!

Posted 11 Dec 06 13:25
Yeah, queen mudder wrote a story parodying that news here Asian condoms slur prompts call for 'cup sizing'

Posted 7 Dec 06 12:10
This is actually some real C18th satire on sex education which I found on a wiki

The Matrons in Hanging-Sleeves, or The Enquirer into Nature: A Satyr

Posted 7 Dec 06 01:20
I IMDB'd this one - turns out I do know who Jimmy/James Stewart is!

James Stewart -> It's a Wonderful Life -> Donna Reed

Posted 4 Dec 06 01:01

Mel Brooks -> Dracula Dead and Loving it-> Leslie Nielsen

Give that man an enema

Posted 3 Dec 06 20:06
Gene Wilder -> Young Frankenstein -> Marty Feldman

I hope this isn't too difficult.

I had Stir Crazy -> Pryor originally, but realised he'd already been mentioned.

Posted 3 Dec 06 10:45
Kenny Baker -> Star Wars -> Harrison Ford

57 Pages - «« « 52 53 [54] 55 56 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top