All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Mark

54 Pages - «« « 50 51 52 53 [54]
From General Discussion / Word association game anyone?
Posted 2 Nov 06 18:45

Posted 2 Nov 06 16:01
Feeling bored, so I thought I'd start a game.

Basic word association, I say a word, you say a word associated to it. Like if I said "Key" you could say "Door" (coz that's what you unlock one with), then you might say "Windows" (coz you have them in ur house) then "Linux" (coz it's an OS) etc.

So I'll be really original and start with...

Spoof

And no consecutive posts, wait your turn!

The game will end when someone can say the word hole - and it has to make sense - so be careful and make sure you don't give anyone a chance

Posted 2 Nov 06 15:56

Posted 2 Nov 06 15:27

From General Discussion / Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
Posted 1 Nov 06 11:33
I think this film is due for release in UK cinemas this weekend.

Has anyone seen the film yet? Is it worth my while going to see it?

I have only seen a few clips on various TV chat shows. It looks kinda funny, but I've never seen any Borats previous work.

I wasn't a big fan of Ali G and didn't see his movie, but Borat seems more of an interesting character than Ali G.

From General Discussion / KING
Posted 31 Oct 06 18:06
Thank you for posting on the forum, however, if you want items such as this to appear on The Spoof, please publish them through the Writers' Desk.

From General Discussion / Stuck in The Netherlands
Posted 29 Oct 06 12:09
Back in the UK now. Spent most of yesterday in Amsterdam. Sadly had no time for coffee! I went to Rembrandt's museum gallery thing and 'Anne Frank's House'. Both quite interesting, but also on opposite ends of the city - and I had no map!

If you get the time, go visit there. I'll probably go back some day for a longer look. It's a very short trip from UK and cheap too. Everyone speaks English, so it's pretty much hassle free.

Posted 26 Oct 06 13:31
Quote: Neil Levine
My translation claims it is the University of Twente. Is it possible?

Yes, you're absolutely right it's Twente - me's a stupid!

Conference is going well. Gave my presentation yesterday with no major screw-ups so I was pleased.

Keynote was excellent. It was given by this guy Prof. Kevin Warwick. He does work in robotics and cybernetics. He likes to experiment with himself, like latching onto his nervous system and using the signals from his brain to his arm to operate a robotic arm.

I found a plug socket adaptor! 1hr battery remaining. Must conserve energy. Ciao!

Posted 24 Oct 06 15:47
Hi all, I'm currently in The Netherlands at a conference in the University of Uwenta in Enschede.

Please help keep me entertained while I'm here. No doubt I'll have quite a bit of time on my hands while I'm 'listening' to lots of 'interesting' talks

Only problem is I don't have a power socket adapter and my battery ain't gonna last long!

From General Discussion / Wow, Paul and Mark are back!!!
Posted 23 Oct 06 18:45
Quote: Craig E. Laycock

I have it on very good authority that The Spoof Bros have commandeered a large tank and are loading it with Spoof as we speak.

It's war against news, gentlemen, and we're on the front line.

That's classified information Craig.

Any more outbursts like that and I'll be forced to Spoof all over your ass.

From General Discussion / Old TV shows that are still good
Posted 21 Oct 06 18:36
On a similar theme Murder She Wrote is always good to watch.

Mostly I try to figure out who's murdered who, but I always end up deducing everyone's guilty.

I reckon Jessica Fletcher is either a serial killer or one really lucky lady to have so many murders to write about! She must be raking it in from all those deaths - what a heartless cow!

From General Discussion / Wow, Paul and Mark are back!!!
Posted 18 Oct 06 22:28
Hi Craig! Glad to be back and very glad you like the new design.

Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things after being away for such a long time. I know Paul is too. We're very pleased to have the site back.

Anyone else out there who wants to say "hi" please feel free

54 Pages - «« « 50 51 52 53 [54]
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top