All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Mark

55 Pages - «« « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » »»
From General Discussion / Come on, hands up, who's been moonlighting at the BBC?
Posted 13 Mar 12 11:29
I think that line might have been plagiarised from elsewhere, probably a US source. The 'that' sounds like American reporting and the position of the punctuation outside the quote seems to be a US trait. The author's kept the punctuation inside the quotation marks elsewhere in the story, which points the finger somewhat.

Sloppy.

From General Discussion / Come on, hands up, who's been moonlighting at the BBC?
Posted 13 Mar 12 10:20
New Jersey capital city running out of toilet paper

The capital of the US state of New Jersey faces running out of toilet paper following a dispute over costs.

One council member told Bloomberg News that "we're not going to send out any blank cheques".

Seems like a perfect solution to me though.

(That 'that' irks me. Am I alone in this?)

From General Discussion / BBC 2 - Chinese Executions
Posted 13 Mar 12 09:48
I'll probably catch it on iPlayer. It was interesting when Louis Theroux interviewed a death row inmate. It's a shame he hasn't admitted his guilt, but I'm not entirely convinced he feels he has any guilt to admit to. His arrogance is very frustrating, but I there are glimmers of regret in his voice - if only in realisation that he's going to die soon.

Fascinating, galling, and stomach wrenching.

From General Discussion / WARNING - Tracking Cookies
Posted 28 Feb 12 09:18
Exis, I wouldn't like to condemn your defences but I suspect it's getting overly uptight about the cookies used by or on The Spoof. Quite a few security packages alert about cookies - it's to show you that it's actually doing something. But cookies are mostly harmless.

You can find out more about the way The Spoof uses cookies in the privacy policy.

On another note, you've asked a direct question to me in the forum. Please avoid doing this because I don't always read every thread in the forum and can't act on things asked of me if I don't read them.

Please, everyone, send me a private message or and email if you need to get my personal attention, or ask here if it's a general question which you think could be answered by anyone.

From News Discussion / Plum shortage hits fruit machines
Posted 24 Feb 12 09:28

From News Discussion / Android Ice Cream Sandwich to feature Lick-to-Unlock
Posted 18 Feb 12 08:09

From General Discussion / Apologies for the outage
Posted 26 Jan 12 16:11
I felt your collective screams in the pit of my stomach - weird.

Things back up and running now. Many apologies for not getting to this sooner.

Mark

From News Discussion / BBC denies hoodwinking viewers
Posted 12 Dec 11 18:03
While I felt the story itself was lacking in funnies, I did love the caption.

Some additional spoofed made-up parts would have been good. Like air-brusing out parts of glaciers and pasting in duplicate penguins to make the situation seem more desparate, or post-production enhancements made to Attenborough's crotch bulge bigger.

From General Discussion / A gay old time in the Navy
Posted 8 Dec 11 17:29
Quote: Lynton

Did you notice the blokes with blue cocks in the background at about 40 secs?

Lol

From General Discussion / A gay old time in the Navy
Posted 7 Dec 11 19:38
Beautiful gay old Christmas fun on HMS Ocean.

The moment at around 3:18 is beautiful, not least because he looks a bit like Sergeant Major from It Ain't Half Hot Mum.

From Magazine Discussion / Why the Turner Prize is so shit
Posted 6 Dec 11 21:07
I know I go on about not having profanities in the titles, but this is just beautiful x

From News Discussion / Libya's Ruling National Transitional Council End's Decade-Old Ban On Guacamole
Posted 2 Dec 11 16:18
Great work from a newbie, hope there's more to come!

Speaking of Gaddafi and foodstuffs, did everyone catch the Nandos advert? Funny as! Youtube

From News Discussion / Jeremy Clarkson To Lash Himself In 'Live' TV Apology
Posted 2 Dec 11 16:15

From General Discussion / Thanksgiving - Absent Friends
Posted 24 Nov 11 14:34
Ohhhh, but pumpkin pie is lovely. I had some at a Halloween party last year.

I'm thankful for pie. Any pie.

Nom.

From General Discussion / BBC publishes yet another non-news story pandering to Ricky Gervais' ego
Posted 23 Nov 11 17:24
If they put more money in to making something good, then the people would watch, and continue to watch. Interest would grow episode on episode.

Instead, they do a half assed job on the writing and spend, spend, SPEND!!! on the marketing. But people aren't so daft that they can't smell a poo from 10 paces and will avoid it, no matter how you dress it up.

Emperor's new clothes.

'nuff said.

(Except to say that, in this case, the writing probably wasn't that cheap.)

From General Discussion / BBC publishes yet another non-news story pandering to Ricky Gervais' ego
Posted 12 Nov 11 12:23
Ricky Gervais comedy Life's Too Short gets 2.5m viewers

Life's Too Short, the new comedy by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, attracted 2.5 million viewers for its BBC Two debut.

The audience was above the channel's average for that timeslot - which is 1.8m.

The BBC Two series, Rev also fared well, with a record audience of 2.4 million.

I don't like Gervais much. I haven't watched the show either, so I guess I can't comment on that.

This news article seems a bit bollocks though.

Two comedy shows get roughly the same audience figure, which is slightly higher than the average figure for their timeslots. But how do they calculate this average? Does it include just comedy shows broadcast at that time, or does it include shit like "Dancing with the Springwatch Stars Extra-Factor One Show"?

From General Discussion / New caption comp
Posted 4 Nov 11 08:52

Get it here

From News Discussion / Tea Party Activists Burn Kindles to Protest Book Release
Posted 2 Nov 11 08:28

From General Discussion / Will Somebody Please Take Me Seriously For Once?
Posted 1 Nov 11 11:39

From General Discussion / Russian Roulette
Posted 30 Oct 11 21:23
Proof those guys were pussies, here's some birds doing it more successfully.

From General Discussion / Russian Roulette
Posted 30 Oct 11 21:16
The Germans have this thing called Dosenstechen.

YouTube

I wouldn't recommend doing it with a penknife though. They're crazy idiots. And a bunch of pussies. But anyway, the upshot is, shake it up, pierce it near the bottom, shove it in yer gob, then pull the ringpull and drink up.

From General Discussion / Fascinating
Posted 27 Oct 11 07:33

The American POW who chose China

At the end of the Korean War, thousands of prisoners from both sides faced a choice - whether to return home or remain with their captors. David Hawkins was one of a handful of American GIs who chose to go to China.

From General Discussion / Blacklist Bill could affect The Spoof
Posted 26 Oct 11 12:58
Blacklist Bill? Isn't that a Beatles song?

From News Discussion / I'm not dead: Gaddafi
Posted 26 Oct 11 12:56

Half expect it will actually happen

From News Discussion / Has your pilot just died? There's an app for that
Posted 16 Oct 11 08:17
App World editor, Mac Buck

Love it.

55 Pages - «« « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top