55 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » »»
From News Discussion / Growing Trend: Babies Named After Fonts
Posted 9 Feb 13 12:41

From News Discussion / String Theory used to explain everything
Posted 8 Feb 13 10:04

Iain, does the B stand for Brilliant? It should

From General Discussion / Cocks on the dunghill syndrome
Posted 7 Feb 13 10:10
As far as I can see, this is a personal matter for you to take up with the individuals involved.

I can't stand the crowing either, but if you want to piss around and moan about it, do it in private.

The best thing to do would be to ignore it and move on and know you're the better person.

I'm locking this thread because it's quite simply boring and no-one's adding anything to the debate that's not already evident.

This is still a great place to write comedy and get your work out to a wide audience. To say that The Spoof is not a worthy platform for publishing spoof news isn't fair.

The fights are a joke and totally unfathomable. I really do despair at the vitriol that spills out on these forums. It's irrational, childish and selfish. For this reason, I am probably going to close down the forums because it's too upsetting.

From News Discussion / Man Who Rushes To The Front Of Plane When It Lands To Get Off First A Total Prick Claims Fellow Passenger
Posted 6 Feb 13 19:45

10 minutes before the station the queue begins.

Losers.

From General Discussion / Dear Spoof
Posted 6 Feb 13 19:42

Where's my pants?

Socks, plenty. Pants, none. Shirts many, pants missing.

Ah sod it, I'll go commando.

(Up) Yours,

Peter Pantsless

From General Discussion / One-Thumb tosser
Posted 6 Feb 13 15:49

From News Discussion / Horse DNA Found In Richard III
Posted 5 Feb 13 14:59

From Magazine Discussion / The Reality of Santa Claus and Christmas Eve
Posted 22 Dec 12 18:41
Thanks all for getting in touch to tell me about this(!)

I removed the article as soon as I became aware it was plagiarised.

Please, tell me in a direct message is you come across a copied article so I can act immediately. I don't read the forum regularly and posting an important message for me here isn't an effective way of drawing my attention to important issues.

From News Discussion / Fracking Hell! Oil Be Buggered!
Posted 21 Dec 12 10:43

From Magazine Discussion / The Reality of Santa Claus and Christmas Eve
Posted 19 Dec 12 12:19

Lots of great stories from DG today, many thanks for the laughter!

From News Discussion / Man on laptop recycles his recycle bin
Posted 18 Dec 12 12:24

From News Discussion / Airbus pilot left behind - nobody noticed
Posted 5 Dec 12 09:39

Give it a few years, and this'll be real news!

From General Discussion / Hurricane Sandy
Posted 30 Oct 12 15:07
To all affected by the storms I hope and pray you and yours are safe and well.

I hope you'll be able to get back up and running as soon as possible.

From General Discussion / Email problem
Posted 15 Oct 12 08:06
Hi all, (especially everyone who flagged this up to me!)

The Spoof's mail server went down Sunday last week (7th October) and has been down since. Simultaneously the monitoring on the server had also gone down.

Many apologies about that.

If you tried to register since the 7th, I will send an email out to you later today with details of how you can access your account.

From General Discussion / Does Anyone Know....
Posted 9 Oct 12 15:01

You can't add new threads to the news discussion forum - it's for discussing news stories only.

You can add a post to an existing discussion, but if you want to discuss another story, you have to click on the "Discuss this story in the forum" button which appears at the end of the article.

From News Discussion / 'Evil' Bert goes after Romney
Posted 5 Oct 12 08:41
When I read about Romney saying I'm cutting funding to PBS, but it's a shame because I like Big Bird, I did laugh.

He's just another dickhead politician trying to prove he's one of the guys. And, in this case, one of the guys who likes to watch Sesame Street. Now, the kind of grown men I know who like to watch Sesame Street (and I don't actually know any, I'm just hypothesizing here), are also the kind of grown men who like Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, High School Musical and who dribble profusely for no good reason.

Maybe I'm doing those guys a disservice by comparing Romney with them.

Anyhoo, what's the general feeling towards Mitt and Barack out there in the States? It seems like a close run campaign to me, but I don't particularly like Mitt Romney personally. He doesn't seem genuine to me.

From General Discussion / The Chain
Posted 5 Oct 12 08:24
If you've noticed a theme developing with my musical knowledge being based on my film knowledge, that's because a lot of my general knowledge is based on the films and TV shows I watch.

I should've well made this a film thread, I'd have pwned you all! Well...with crappy 80/90s romcoms anyway.

Posted 5 Oct 12 08:21

Knowing nothing about Frankie goes to Hollywood and my mind going blank on Hollywood - although I expect there's lots of references I could hit on there but all I can think of is Hollywood from the film Mannequin.

In fact, I'm going to stop there. I was going to go with Frank Skinner having a similar name, but that's just too easy.

So, anyway, the title song from the film Mannequin which had a character named Hollywood Montrose (hmmm, doesn't it just ZING!) was "Nothing's going to stop us now".

A quick Google tells me that was done by Jefferson Starship.

Sweet.

From General Discussion / Why do we get ill?
Posted 5 Oct 12 08:13
My stupid body's crapped out on me and decided to give in to the viruses.

Stupid body.

A) Why does it allow viruses in in the first place? Is there some beneficial application for virus-cell interaction? Maybe I'm oversimplifying the process and a cell just wouldn't work with a virus defense shield, but I'd pay for that.

B) Why can't I be in better control of my systems, or at least get better feedback. The brain must have this information to hand somewhere and must be making decisions based on it. If we could control it too, we might have a better chance at getting rid of the virus quicker (or dying horribly within the first five minutes). Surely with our cognitive faculties and our ability to work as a group, humans would be better equipped to know how better to deal with the virus than our primeval sub-conscious.

C) I think I've gone insane and should probably sleep.

Posted 5 Oct 12 07:53
Have to confess I had to look this song up on You Tube because it wasn't in my (for want of a better word) repertoire.

As soon as I heard the chorus, I remembered hearing it in Back to the Future when Marty goes into the coffee shop in 1955. I've always known it as "Daaave, Davy Crocket *mumble-mumble-mumble*" catchy, but pointless.

I'm going to go with about the only good song which has this title:

Hewey Lewis and the News - Power of Love

The connection being it was also in the BTTF soundtrack, also Hewey Lewis plays a cameo in the film. He's the suit who tells Marty he's just "too darn loud". Totally wooden.

From General Discussion / The worst haiku ever written in the WesternWorld thread
Posted 5 Oct 12 07:38
Never heard of that sonny.
Can you explain it?

From General Discussion / The worst haiku ever written in the WesternWorld thread
Posted 2 Oct 12 20:23
superintellectual
I can't quite decide.

Posted 2 Oct 12 20:21
psuedointellectual
creativity

That was a short one,
More like an acronym though.
That's a different thread.

Posted 2 Oct 12 09:11
Aides reading in the darkness.
Now, where's my book gone?

Where did that come from?
The human mind is awesome.
Super cool, ain't it?!

Haiku is quite fun
I think I might write some more
But I need to work

(That didn't scan well
Poetry it ain't always.
Never mind, I guess.)

Posted 2 Oct 12 08:51
Paint it black featured in the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.

One of the most prominent songs in that film, which has since the film's release has been more widely known as The Song from Pulp Fiction is:

Misirlou by Dick Dale

55 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top