All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Abel Rodriguez

37 Pages - « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » »»
From News Discussion / Why We Fight, the stolen Pentagon Papers Released
Posted 30 Jan 11 17:08
One thing about "Panchito" the West Virginia Mountaineer -

The "Hombre" does not "Beat Around The Bush." (NPI).

"V."

Hasta Later,
Abel

From News Discussion / Manchester United Defeats Southampton 2-1 On Chicharito's Goal Which He Dedicated To Girlfriend Shakira
Posted 30 Jan 11 15:35

Thanks for the "Five."

The crumpet refers to the English bread snack, although it is now my understanding that in England crumpet also refers to a 'hot chick.'

Skoob,

I usually do not reveal my sources but in this case I will. I emailed Chicharito's mom in Guadalajara, Mexico, and she provided me with a lot of info on #14.

And the sweet woman also graciously provided me with her own personal instructions on how to make a professional looking piƱata.

Colonel Juan,

Muchas gracias por el 'cinco' senor muy amable.

And may I offer a sincere 'Oops' for that redundant 'H.' My personal proofreader will certainly be hearing about this when she returns to the office on Monday. Thank you.

Wishing All A Safe and Pleasant Sunday,
Abel

From News Discussion / Monsignor Francois DuBois SJ Denied Entry By UK Immigration
Posted 29 Jan 11 21:18

I really enjoyed your story.

V Thumbs.

An excellent tribute to a true legend.

Hasta Later,
Abel

From News Discussion / Reclusive Curmudgeon and Biochemist "Frankie The J", Invents Cure-All Drug
Posted 29 Jan 11 04:06

I liked your story on our amazing friend Frankie The J.

Five Thumbs.

And I agree with Charpa - "The King of West Virginia" is gonna love it.

Hasta Later,
Abel

From General Discussion / People's Questions When Calling "The Butterball Hotline" About Their Turkey
Posted 21 Jan 11 21:42

"Hello, Butterball Turkey Hotline. I caught Grandpa Peckerwood, who turned 101 on Wednesday a week ago 'patting down' our Butterball Turkey.

Now I don't wanna upset the family members but I need to return the sucker. And don't give me no shit about how cooking it will kill all of the friggin germs, cause we ain't effen going there ya hear?"

From News Discussion / Leading male spoof writer starts club for henpecked husbands
Posted 21 Jan 11 21:07

Where is El Hombre they call Martin Shuttle Cock?

Hasta La Wondering,
Abel

From General Discussion / Can I just say..
Posted 17 Jan 11 01:03
Quote: Jean Le Fete

My latest Sarah Palin article:Limbaugh calls Palin a yutz!

Another Gem from the pen of Jean Le Fete.

V Thumbs.

Well done.

Hasta Later,
Abel

Posted 16 Jan 11 16:43
Quote: Jean Le Fete

As a writer of Sarah Palin spoofs I resemble these remarks!

Oh and with the elections coming up, don't expect people to stop putting her in there

Jean,

What an unbelievable coincidence!

I just read that an unnamed, reliable, inside source has just revealed that Todd Palin's stunningly beautiful Eskimo-American fishing guide and rumored to be mistress, Nanicka Zapalicka, has just decided to write a satire on Sarah "Snowflake" Palin and submit it to Mark Lowton's Spoof.

Hasta La Palinista,
Abel

Posted 16 Jan 11 15:13
Quote: Mark

Quote: Mikethelad

I am getting really fed up of Sarah Palin spoofs. She's a spoof in her own right.

Lampooning a laughingstock is pretty easy, it has to be said

That's why everyone does it!

Mark,

Excellently stated.

Sarah Palin has become "The Paris Hilton of Politics."

And even daughter Bristol has made fun of her mother's "Prom Hairdo."

Hasta Later,
Abel

Posted 16 Jan 11 07:57
Quote: Mikethelad

I am getting really fed up of Sarah Palin spoofs. She's a spoof in her own right.
Agree/Disagree

Mikethelad,

Wow! You've only been on the Spoof site for about 10 days and you're already 'fed up?'

Simply amazing!

Don't take this wrong, but maybe you need to go somewhere else otherwise I'm afraid you're gonna set yourself up for a whole lot of needless stress.

Just Saying,
Abel

From News Discussion / Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly All Tell Sarah Palin To Please Not Call Them For A While
Posted 16 Jan 11 05:13

Thank you for the kind words.

You are a gentleman.

Hasta La Next Time,
Abel

From News Discussion / Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly All Tell Sarah Palin To Please Not Call Them For A While
Posted 14 Jan 11 23:55

Thank you sir.

And I have a feeling that the way she is going she may end up derailing before too long.

Hasta Later,
Abel

Posted 14 Jan 11 20:09

And it looks like The Sarah "Snowflake" Palin Traveling Sideshow & Carnival will soon be appearing in cities and towns throughout America (and probably North Korea).

Hasta La Saracuda,
Abel

From General Discussion / Movies That Use Country Music in their Soundtrack:
Posted 13 Jan 11 21:14
  • The Twilight Saga: The School Marm Gets Poked
  • Harry Potter And The Mississippi Hoedown
  • The Karate Kid Meets The Tombstone Kid

From News Discussion / Carrie Underwood Denies Divorce Rumors
Posted 11 Jan 11 19:21

Thank you.

And that Mike Fisher (Mr. Carrie Underwood) sure is one lucky guy. Lets hope that he finally realizes that one day.

Bureau,

Thank you as well.

I heard that the 'American Bowl Naming Committee' had rejected Yuma, Arizona's request to host The Preparation H Bowl.

Hasta La Whoa Nellie,
Abel

From General Discussion / Bad news for your pet for 2011
Posted 11 Jan 11 19:11
  • A vet in Poland discovers a new inexpensive way to neuters dogs but it requires going in through the mouth with a pair of scissors.

From General Discussion / It goes without saying
Posted 11 Jan 11 13:59

From Magazine Discussion / Leave Me Alone
Posted 10 Jan 11 21:21
Quote: Skoob1999

After a period of introspection, I've decided that I want to have fun on this site.

And repartee with my fellow writers.

I don't want to change the world, or the Spoof.

I have no desire to tell people how things should, or should not be done.

Regards

Skoob.

Skoob,

I am thrilled that you decided to stay.

And I am certain that you will once again help to put the "Fun" back onto our wonderful site.

You sir are the "Backbone of The Spoof Site."

You are truly a kind, caring, and compassionate individual and I am proud to say that I am your friend.

Hasta "Write On" Amigo,
Abel

From General Discussion / Cars That Probably Won't Sell Well in 2011:
Posted 10 Jan 11 03:06
  2. Kia Baghdad
  3. Plymouth Pat Down
  4. Oldsmobile Botox
  5. Honda Taliban

From News Discussion / Orange Alert: There's a Boehner in the House
Posted 9 Jan 11 02:01
Quote: Amethyst Ryder

Perhaps we can call him El Lluvio unless I've turned it into a totally different word by changing it to an "o." Spanish can be tricky that way.

Muchas gracias!

Amethyst,

El Lluvio will work. And some other Spanish nicknames that could appropriately fit Old John Boehner are:

• El Lloron (The Male Crier)
  • La Llorona (The Female Crier)
  • La Vieja Lagrimas (Old Woman Teardrops)
  • Lady Lagrimas (Lady Teardrops)
  • Abuelita Lagrimas (Granny Teardrops)

Hasta Las Lagrimas de Johnny (Juanito) Boehner,
Abel

From News Discussion / Orange Alert: There's a Boehner in the House
Posted 9 Jan 11 00:37

I really liked your article.

V Thumbs my friend.

Well done.

I really cannot remember ever seeing anyone on television cry more than John the Weeper Speaker of The House.

Hasta Las Teardrops,
Abel

From News Discussion / Lady Gaga Wows 'Em in Vegas with Polaroid Camera Sunglasses
Posted 8 Jan 11 19:18

An excellent article.

Definitely worthy of "Cinco" thumbs plus.

It is a pleasure to read your work.

Hasta La Just Say Cheese,
Abel

From News Discussion / The Homeless Man: Ted "The Velvet Voice" Williams Knocks It Out Of The Park!
Posted 8 Jan 11 17:50
Quote: John Peurach

Greetings Abel:

Yet another brilliant piece of work, sir!

All in all, the "Only In America" legend really goes for a ride, straight to the top of the charts, what with the strange but true story of this used to be sideline man going well beyond the once proud front-like page.

And well, your coverage of it gave it all the satirical legs it will ever need to be from now until next stop eternity to be forever regarded as a perennial-like go-to classic.

In other words, thanks a bunch, and be sure and keep your eyes and ears open for the next Citizen Fame poster child, somewhere out there at a stop light, just waiting to rise above and beyond everyone's usual look the other way-like no way can do, as opposed to indeed Can-did.

Till Next,
john peurach.

Hello John,

I thank you for those beautifully eloquent words.

I really believe that Ted Williams can become the next Don LaFontaine.

There are not many people who recognize the name Don LaFontaine. But just about everyone has heard his voice.

LaFontaine passed away in 2008, but his fabulous baritone voice was featured in over 5,000 movie trailers which were heard in the movie theaters and on home television commercials for those motion pictures.

He became identified by his signature phrase, "In a land where..." I am sure that phrase rings a bell.

Ted Williams has been given a gift and it is certainly quite possible that he can do the very same thing that Don LaFontaine did.

Wow! The possibilities for that man are virtually endless.

Hasta La Voice,
Abel

From News Discussion / The Homeless Man: Ted "The Velvet Voice" Williams Knocks It Out Of The Park!
Posted 8 Jan 11 17:23

Thank you.

And isn't it nice to know that a man such as Ted "The Velvet Voice" Williams can go from being homeless and on the street with a sign one day and the next day he is sitting on top of the world.

Bureau,

Much appreciated partner. And you said it exactly like Pee Wee Reese's old baseball game announcing partner "Ol' Dizz" (Dizzy Dean) would have said it.

Charpa,

Muchas gracias amiga.

And I do believe that you will agree with me that Mr. Williams has just found the key to Fort Knox. God has blessed him with an amazing voice and now the dinero (money) will rain down from the sky.

Ha$ta Later,
Abel

Posted 8 Jan 11 14:48

Thank you very much.

I'm glad to know that you enjoyed it.

Lynton,

And my thanks to you as well.

I truly appreciate that.

Hasta Later,
Abel

PS The town of Intercourse actually exists and ironically it is located in Amish country.

37 Pages - « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top