All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by John_L

From News Discussion / IDS thinks shelf stacking more important than Geology
Posted 23 Feb 13 16:44
He is like chronic IBS for the whole nation

From General Discussion / Is there an attempt to censor literature in your country?
Posted 2 Nov 12 20:38
Quote: Clive Danton

Quote: armfeetandtoe

Wait till they find out God is black.
All those Papal pictures will have to go.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To hell with that mate! Wait till people find out he's a girl!

If it wasn't for a spelling mistake in the early Jewish texts (those which make up the Book of Kings) Gods wife would be metioned.

From General Discussion / Is there an attempt to censor literature in your country?
Posted 2 Nov 12 16:29
David Cameron said in 2008 that he wanted all books to be checked and age rated and like films have 'offensive material removed' all magazines with a shelf life of over a week would also have to go through the same process. They are slowly bringing this in by stealth.

From News Discussion / Sparks and Mensa to team up
Posted 26 Oct 12 11:21
I just always had a vision of Ron and Russell when ever I see the word Sparks.

From News Discussion / Alice Roberts Viewing Figures Set To Plummet As Fans Switch Off "Origins Of Us"
Posted 23 Oct 12 13:50

From News Discussion / Alice Roberts Viewing Figures Set To Plummet As Fans Switch Off "Origins Of Us"
Posted 23 Oct 12 13:43

Posted 23 Oct 12 13:36
But I quite like a woman with a bossy tone.

Posted 23 Oct 12 13:08
Not forgetting Bettany Hughes a full size version of Nigella (Nigella is tiny if you meet her. With six inch heels on she was still only up to my elbow.)

Posted 23 Oct 12 10:46
I know what you mean but since the program on the origin of religion with Francesca Stavrakopoulou all others seem a bit, not so good anymore.

Posted 22 Oct 12 22:19
This was fun although a little obsessive about Miss Roberts. What makes it even more funny is that the BBC pulled the scheduled episode of 'New Tricks' from one with out Amanda Redmond to one with her Kerry Fox. Maybe it's a plot against Alice after all and the Savile thing was just a blind?

Anyway a friend of mine was in the same Choir as Alice and she says you aren't missing much.

(managed to add the wrong story)

From General Discussion / Does Anyone Know....
Posted 22 Oct 12 14:56
Been trying to start a news discussion of a published story but when I press the link all that happens is the page reloads.

From General Discussion / Let's Talk About Sex
Posted 21 Oct 12 13:32
If you think sex is a pain in the arse then you clearly aren't doing it right.

From General Discussion / Let's Talk About Sex
Posted 21 Oct 12 13:32
Quote: Clive Danton

Messy business in my experience

Unfortunately I can only perform while listening to The Flight Of The Bumblebee by Rimsky - Korsakov. Admittedly it's over a bit lively but what a buzz!

COAT!.....TAXI!....GUN!.......BLAM!!!.......*crumple*

You should watch a video of Nuno Bettencourt playing it on the Rhianna tour. It'll blow your mind.

From Magazine Discussion / A Londoner's guide to Yorkshire
Posted 16 Oct 12 20:09
It's all true, especially the last bit. It can be tempting to stay.

From General Discussion / Passer-by pushes suicide man off bridge
Posted 10 Oct 12 13:11
Reminds me of a story in a Dublin newspaper sometime in the 1890s. Two men found a man hanging and reported it to the Guards. When asked at the inquest why they didn't cut the body down one of them replied "He wasn't dead yet."

From News Discussion / 'Evil' Bert goes after Romney
Posted 6 Oct 12 15:15
Thanks for the nice comments about the story.

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top