All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Danny Williams

From General Discussion / New to The Spoof
Posted 2 Apr 12 12:37
If you are referring to the fact that the Jeremy Lin thing went into the news forum, I don't know how that works.

I clicked the link on the story for "discuss this in the forum" to see if it would lead me directly to the forum topics list. It did not.

But when I went back the forum the usual way, I saw that the story was listed and wondered if I was somehow responsible for that.

So if I am responsible for it being there, it was unintended.

Posted 2 Apr 12 12:19
Ahhh... I wondered what you meant about the facebook thing!

I'll watch it from now on...

Edit: What's done is done, but I've undone it.

Posted 2 Apr 12 12:18

It's just... give me some time, you all have me out of breath. Lord, what a lot you all are, I must say.

Anyway, I have a new piece I'm rather proud of, and can't help but take advantage of the attention with a little more shameless self-promotion.

I'm rather proud of this one, though I'm not sure you Brits will get everything if you haven't kept up:
Zimmerman Vindicated: Cries For "Help" Were Trayvon Martin's

Anyways, thank you all for the (warm???) welcome!

Posted 2 Apr 12 10:08

But me getting scared...

From News Discussion / Maryland Housewife Loses Lottery
Posted 1 Apr 12 11:06
Thanks very much, Queen. I'd bend over backwards, or whatever the hell is going on in your profile pick, just to please you.

=)

Posted 1 Apr 12 08:08

Glad to see you keeping up the good spirits!

Posted 1 Apr 12 08:07
I only joined in the last 12 hours, but I have written and submitted a second story for your approval. I must admit, I thrive on approval!

Miracle: Man's Memory Instantly Restored

I hope the method of trying to get my stuff read does not break any rules? I did read what rules I could find, and saw nothing to indicate I would be.

If I'm mistaken, please let me know!

Thanks again,

Danny

Posted 1 Apr 12 04:22

It's still 3/31 here in Portland, Oregon. That it would be April Fool's Day soon hadn't occurred to me.

I really like the "Mary McNary" suggestion. Food for future thought!

But, yeah, I promise everyone I am legit. Not only my first time writing here, but my first time visiting.

And yes, I will take him with a grain of salt. xD

Posted 1 Apr 12 03:46
LOL, Inchcock, what a terrific first reply. Thank you very much for that.

Unfortunately I am adequately experienced in most of the subjects you listed as areas of your expertise. But "being given Morphine spray orally" would qualify as a new experience! As I contemplate what reasons you must have for being prescribed morphine, I must wonder if I should express condolences. If they are in order, I do express them.

Again, thanks for the kind welcome =).

Posted 1 Apr 12 03:23

My name is Dan Williams, I'm 41 years old, and I'm from Portland, OR. I've always enjoyed satire, and would be honored to join the ranks here as a satire enthusiast, so to speak.

I'm new to The Spoof and have just written my first article. As this is the writer's forum, I thought that, by way of introduction, I would link it here for my fellow writers to critique. Any suggestions for improvement are welcomed, of course.

Maryland Housewife Loses Lottery

Thanks!

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top