All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Simon Saunders

14 Pages - «« « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » »»
From General Discussion / ".....and I said 'Yes.' I said, 'It's my Dork.'
Posted 17 Jul 12 17:57

I have to restrain myself from producing a catalogue of good old fashioned smutty innuendo.

Sometimes I slip and drop a couple of double entendres in. Oooeer, sounds a bit rude. 'Ow queer.....etc, etc.

Simon 'Carry On' Saunders.

From News Discussion / Bidney Sollocks vs Cockinch-Smalls battle for Commonwealth Spoofing Championship
Posted 17 Jul 12 17:50

The picture you paint with words makes me feel quite envious. I could see it all happening in my tiny little mind.

I am quite tight with my thumbs but this one got a well deserved 5.

Simon 'Suckerpunch' Saunders.

PS. I hope there's a rematch once the bruising has gone down.

From General Discussion / ".....and I said 'Yes.' I said, 'It's my Dork.'
Posted 17 Jul 12 14:10
The opportunity for smutty innuedo is endless with this story.

The fella involved will be dining out on it for the rest of his life.

They put powder on his pants to check for explosives. Hahaha!

Priceless. Thanks QM.

From News Discussion / Local Umpires Drop Royal Clanger At Village Cricket Match
Posted 17 Jul 12 11:16

A fine cricket story and no mistake. Particularly enjoyed the 'New Yorkers' reference.

May your balls swing both ways from the pavillion end,
Simon

PS. I would've commented directly in the thread for the story but it's been locked.

From General Discussion / Where were you when the Spoof went out????
Posted 17 Jul 12 03:23
I was writing the greatest article ever when the site crashed. Unfortunately I hadn't made a copy of it. I lost it all when the site blew up. I am unable to recall any of the article.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, even though it's a blatant lie.

Simon

From General Discussion / And we're back
Posted 16 Jul 12 20:26

I tinkled on some ivories once. I wont be going back to that piano shop any time soon.

Simon

From News Discussion / Local Umpires Drop Royal Clanger At Village Cricket Match
Posted 16 Jul 12 19:08
As a massive cricket fan and because I found this highly amusing I have sent a 5 thumbs in the post.

I am also immensely jealous as I have been trying to produce a cricket story since I arrived here in February. Damn and blast! I don't recall seeing any other cricket stories in my time here.

I shall re-double my efforts to produce a cricket related story. If I can manage something even half as good as this I shall be a happy batsmen/wicketkeeper.

May your googlies continue to tease the batsmens outside edge,
Simon

From General Discussion / And we're back
Posted 16 Jul 12 18:40
I'm glad we are back up and running. Although the break did give me a chance to trim my eyebrows. It was about time really as they were starting to drop over and cover my eyes.

Good work Mark. It must have been a stressful couple of days for you!

Simon

From General Discussion / Dear Spoof
Posted 16 Jul 12 18:35

I now understand why all these cyclists are on drugs. I was watching the 'Tour De France' as I had nothing better to do because this bleeding website had gone kaput when it came to me. They must all be so bored with their pointless peddling that they need something to keep them awake. I know I did. I've got through eight jars of Nescafe in the last two days.

Thank the sweet baby Jesus that this site is up and running again. Much more of the cycling and I would've had to top myself.

Yours wiredly,
Frances De La Tour De France,
Climbing the walls,
Pilchard-Cum-Hardy,
Ghana

From General Discussion / Edinburgh Festival
Posted 12 Jul 12 01:19

Why doesn't the Spoof have it's own sketch show? It doesn't necessarily have to be performed at the Edinburgh festival.

Has it been done before?

With the amount of material on the site surely there is enough to create a sketch show.

It would require rather a substantial amount of time going through material to find stories that could be adapted into sketch form.

Obviously we would need people who are capable of doing the adaptations. Some of the original characters that appear in stories on here would suit the sketch format. With permission from individual writers of course.

Anyway, it is just an idea. It may be logistically difficult and would require loads of hard work.

Fellow writers opinions would be very welcome.

Perhaps I should start a thread in the writers discussion area so we can chew over the idea.

Simon

Posted 11 Jul 12 22:51

The two main train stations are Haymarket and Waverley. It was probably Haymarket that you were staying near. Loads of flats round there. I shall be staying in Edinburgh during the festival although it can be a bit much with all the tourists overunning the place. Good for the economy I spose. I've lived in Edinburgh for close on 15 years and I've never met anyone called Jimmy, which is amazing when you consider it's in Scotland. Sounds like the flat letter was a purveyor of suspicious substances. There's a lot of that sort of thing up here. Not that I would know anything about it.

Inchcock,

I'd never have the balls to get up on stage and attempt stand-up, sober or drunk! I once sang 'Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy' by Queen at a nightclub karaoke. I've never seen so many airborne bottles in my life.

Pinxit,

I think Big Ron now runs a tanning salon in West Bromwich. I heard on the grapevine that she also regularly attends car boot sales in and around the West Midlands to flog all his bling. Svengali you say? Not sure about that one! I'm not keen on tax dodging, I prefer not paying any at all. As for the weather up here, well, summer has been a complete washout. At the last count it had rained every day for the last month, not too cold though.

Radiogagger,

I haven't even seen the programme yet. I mainly saw free shows last year on account of being stoney broke. Seen some good stuff over the years. There's a pub where lots of the comedians congregate a couple of days before their shows start. They're mostly friendly so long as you don't act like a giggling little girl! As for accommodation, depends on the dates and you being able to provide two good references. Just joking about the references, you'll need ten of them! As for directing, well I believe you have to grow a beard so you have something to stroke when you're thinking. A short fuse is handy as well.

I've had an idea which I shall divulge once I've scoffed my dinner.

Simon

Posted 11 Jul 12 05:05
Just wondering if anyone will be bothering their arses to go and see anyone/anything at the Edinburgh festival this year.

I was thinking of asking Inchy if he fancies coming up and doing a show based on his 'Diary of Woe/Senior Moments'. I genuinely reckon it would be a winner.

As a resident of Edinburgh I would happily offer my services as his manager, for a small fee of course, and try to get him a venue.

The only problem is, I have no idea what a manager really does. If memory serves I think it involves wearing a sheepskin coat while furiously chewing gum and making wild gesticulations with your arms that nobody understands.

Simon

Posted 10 Jul 12 22:34

I would like to echo the words of A.Fan but I can't because I'm not a cave, or summat.

Why were you taken so young? It's a bloody travesty.

*sobs uncontrollably into an already heavily soiled cloth hankerchief*

Yours upsettedly,

Outraged of Edinborough.

From General Discussion / Gardening With Mr & Mrs CJ
Posted 10 Jul 12 22:15
My mother gave me a spider plant (chlorophytum comosum) cutting when I left home some 15 years ago.

Over the years I have tried everything to stop the bloody things from multiplying but with no luck.

I've taken a flame thrower to them but only succeeded in burning down my house.

I didn't get on much better with a rocket launcher although I did get a very polite letter from Edinburgh council asking me to refrain from using such weapons in a built up area. I like getting letters.

Anyway, the bloody plants have taken over my home and life like a bunch of misbehaving, unwanted children.

Please help me!

From General Discussion / Knitting With Mr & Mrs CJ
Posted 10 Jul 12 22:04

My missus enjoys a spot of darning. Am I allowed to use the word "darn?"

Sometimes I deliberately make holes in my socks just so she can have a bit of pleasure in her life.

I'm very considerate that way.

Simon

Posted 9 Jul 12 18:32

With the London Olympics almost upon us I felt it necessary to write in and express my excitement at the impending disappointment our sportsmen and women will deliver to us.

Having witnessed the England football team fail at the Euro's and Andy Murray's blubfest following his defeat to that Swiss bloke at tennisball I feel it would be fitting for our Olympians to complete a hat-trick of sporting uselessness to make sure this is a memorable summer for all sports fans.

Jimmy Claptrap,
Seb Coe Tower,
Fartlepool.

From General Discussion / Bob Monkhouse on Desert Island Disc Revisited
Posted 7 Jul 12 00:45

I will always remember one of his classic lines.....

"When I told people I was going to be a comedian they laughed at me. Well.......they're not laughing now."

From General Discussion / Eric Sykes RIP
Posted 7 Jul 12 00:38
At the time of writing this Barry Cryer is very much alive.

Posted 6 Jul 12 20:37

I have just been informed that certain things on your "website" require the editors seal of approval before they are published.

Now, I wouldn't want to question the editors methods but using a seal to approve stuff seems a little ridiculous to me.

I.M Thewalrus,
Coocoocatcho Cottage,
Grimsby,
Swaziland

From General Discussion / Eric Sykes RIP
Posted 5 Jul 12 09:46
Very sad to hear about the passing of Eric Sykes.

From General Discussion / I'ts good news week!
Posted 4 Jul 12 01:48
Good news for UK based fans of 'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.'

No longer will we only get the global edition of the show.

As of July 23rd we will get the show every weeknight on the Comedy Central X channel.

Simon

Posted 3 Jul 12 23:21

I used to know an onion. On the surface he was a lovely fella but once I peeled back the various layers of his personality I came to the conclusion that he was an awful sod.

I don't mind telling you, it made me cry like a little girl.

Tom Ato,
Titchmarsh Villas,
Isle of Shite.

PS. Anyone who wishes to complain about the extremely low quality of this post can contact me at the above address.

From General Discussion / Flaming
Posted 30 Jun 12 22:28
How about a flaming forum and a decorum forum?

One for rudeness and insults.

The other one for politeness and compliments.

Simon.

Posted 30 Jun 12 20:39
I see The Flaming Lips set a world record for playing the most live gigs in 24 hours in different cities.

Flamin' show offs.

That gives me an idea for a flaming good story.

Simon

Posted 30 Jun 12 19:16
I take it the Olympic flame won't be swinging by Spoof towers any time soon.

Simon

14 Pages - «« « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top