All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Thelonius

9 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » »»
From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 17 Jun 12 01:42
Lynton.  Is that supposed to be provocative or threatening?  You have no idea how surprised I am to see you involved in anagrams (or whatever) in this way. But I have recently seen the way you treated Lady Godiva.  I must take back what I said about you being a voice of reason.  

I don't think tit-suckers is a word Scoob, (which is not really anyone's name) but why let that stop you from making whatever point you need to make.  I'll do suckers.  (better than you would)

Suckers unceasingly contemplate knowledge envisaged really stupid.    

From General Discussion / The New Forum Moderators
Posted 17 Jun 12 00:59
I'm wondering what troll trouble looks like.  In this case, what damage was done?  It didn't look like any kind of trouble to me.  I saw someone (very clever, as CJ admits) spoofing about how it is here to be treated in a very disrespectful way (with CJ using the cunt and the fuck words very early on with no provocation) and someone being spoofed for looking for points ( with Skoob suggesting this, that and the other way to get points).  If you knew it was him, why did you let him make these incredibly valid points?  And why let him write so many stories of a quality we don't often see?  I'm not sure you detected him as soon as you suggest.

I don't know what he did to be banned, but there's all kinds of questionable things being done right now by those who claim he was the devil himself; some of them, people who want to be moderators.  Was he rude?  What could have provoked that?

Skoob said, "Dan's one of the good guys, not like me."  does this mean "He got banned, but I didn't yet?".  I don't know the history, but it seems a shame that this site can't benefit from the unusual and amazing skills of Dan Cun (whomever). What were we protected from?   

Posted 17 Jun 12 00:53

Posted 16 Jun 12 22:06
Generally Eskimos need endless, repeated ardent love liaisons yearly.   

Posted 16 Jun 12 21:32
Reeking English exported kippers illegal now generally. 

Posted 16 Jun 12 03:59
Gangsters actually need guns so that enforcement representatives shudder.

From General Discussion / Straw Men
Posted 16 Jun 12 01:48

If I'm not mistaken, the "Hollow Men" are even more contemptible than violent men (as they cannot even look goodness in the eye) and are to be damned for their cowardice and weakness of will, but what has this to do with anything?  

What kind of music is that?

Posted 16 Jun 12 00:12

The Coal Hole Mob?  You mean you guys have a gang?

First, you could knock me down with a feather!

Second, I may now rest easy, in that if I ever face the same fate, you will be there to support me.

Third, I get so lonely!  

From Magazine Discussion / Monologue For A Young Actor : Marvin's Story
Posted 15 Jun 12 23:54
So special! An extraordinary experience reading it.

Posted 15 Jun 12 23:22
Ratiocinating authentically translates into organizing cogent intelligence, notably applicable to interning naughty gangsters.     

Posted 15 Jun 12 22:56
Quote: Erskin Quint

Oi! Take your petty squabbles elsewhere! We're doing acronyms here!

Einstein, intuiting nascence, saw that ego is noxious.[/

This wasn't the place. Apologise! Should have shown more respect. Didn't expect an encounter here. Ratiocinating?

From General Discussion / Straw Men
Posted 15 Jun 12 20:08

What's a poem about a group of people who are more comfortable being part of a mob than holding individual moral frames of reference have to do with anything?

Of course it's poetry, and I usually get that wrong.

Posted 15 Jun 12 18:30

Toilet occasions instant lightening every time.

Posted 15 Jun 12 05:13
Yearly, every Apple reconfiguration loads YouTube.

Posted 15 Jun 12 04:32
I lead!

Posted 15 Jun 12 03:58

Yes

Posted 15 Jun 12 03:43
What about soliloquies? There are other examples which raised the level. That was just aimed at you. Use "Shakespeare" to aim one at me to show me how easy that is. I don't think we get along very well.

Posted 15 Jun 12 03:23

Just so you know Skoob, and I know Ellie's watching; using the word "slather" is a "spelling flame", a form of trolling, where the user intends to use a mistake in grammar or spelling to make fun of the intellect of another. (I believe others have done that as well) It is against the rules here. I'm not certain whether an apology is required, but I know Ellie will get to the bottom of it.

From Magazine Discussion / No Retirement for Emma the Cat
Posted 15 Jun 12 03:14
I've enjoyed spending a few minutes of what must be the middle of the night for you, in your company. Don't pretend to know much about me. Goodnight Skoob.

Posted 15 Jun 12 03:08

Soliloquies often located in long orations quite ubiquitous in Englands         Shakespeare  

Posted 15 Jun 12 02:51
I know you were more careful this time to make sure that worked, but don't you think it's more challenging to make one, more or less, coherent statement than a number of short sentences?

Posted 15 Jun 12 02:46

I very much enjoyed reading that, except of course I wish the ending was happier.

Posted 15 Jun 12 02:06

Thank you Lynton. I hoped part of the "joke" was that cats are always retired anyway, but I found it really hard to try and make the topic funny, and maybe that got lost in the mix. And when I submitted it, I hoped it was funny, but thought it might be ridiculed.

So far there has only been one "1 star" rating about the putting down of a pet. Hey, it could be worse. There could be the option for a 0 rating. Makes you want to kick a duck.

Posted 15 Jun 12 01:33
Whomever he was, he raised the level here. He inspired me, and I could see that he "set the bar higher" for for many of you as well. I don't think Skoob has ever been so productive. Never seen so many wonderfully structured and genuinely funny stories; two or three per day, and he and Erskin on the anagrams (or whatever) was an education. If that intellect is gone, it's really unfortunate. That kind of talent is so rare. Oh well, I guess I'll just give my hairy snatch a scratch.

Why is he a "bastard" Erskin?

Posted 15 Jun 12 00:29

Nebraska earmarks big repository accommodating superior kayak accessories.

9 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top