All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Thelonius

9 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » »»
From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 15 Jun 12 23:22
Ratiocinating authentically translates into organizing cogent intelligence, notably applicable to interning naughty gangsters.     

Posted 15 Jun 12 22:56
Quote: Erskin Quint

Oi! Take your petty squabbles elsewhere! We're doing acronyms here!

Einstein, intuiting nascence, saw that ego is noxious.[/

This wasn't the place. Apologise! Should have shown more respect. Didn't expect an encounter here. Ratiocinating?

From General Discussion / Straw Men
Posted 15 Jun 12 20:08

What's a poem about a group of people who are more comfortable being part of a mob than holding individual moral frames of reference have to do with anything?

Of course it's poetry, and I usually get that wrong.

Posted 15 Jun 12 18:30

Toilet occasions instant lightening every time.

Posted 15 Jun 12 05:13
Yearly, every Apple reconfiguration loads YouTube.

From General Discussion / The New Forum Moderators
Posted 15 Jun 12 04:32
I lead!

Posted 15 Jun 12 03:58

Yes

Posted 15 Jun 12 03:43
What about soliloquies? There are other examples which raised the level. That was just aimed at you. Use "Shakespeare" to aim one at me to show me how easy that is. I don't think we get along very well.

Posted 15 Jun 12 03:23

Just so you know Skoob, and I know Ellie's watching; using the word "slather" is a "spelling flame", a form of trolling, where the user intends to use a mistake in grammar or spelling to make fun of the intellect of another. (I believe others have done that as well) It is against the rules here. I'm not certain whether an apology is required, but I know Ellie will get to the bottom of it.

From Magazine Discussion / No Retirement for Emma the Cat
Posted 15 Jun 12 03:14
I've enjoyed spending a few minutes of what must be the middle of the night for you, in your company. Don't pretend to know much about me. Goodnight Skoob.

Posted 15 Jun 12 03:08

Soliloquies often located in long orations quite ubiquitous in Englands         Shakespeare  

Posted 15 Jun 12 02:51
I know you were more careful this time to make sure that worked, but don't you think it's more challenging to make one, more or less, coherent statement than a number of short sentences?

Posted 15 Jun 12 02:46

I very much enjoyed reading that, except of course I wish the ending was happier.

Posted 15 Jun 12 02:06

Thank you Lynton. I hoped part of the "joke" was that cats are always retired anyway, but I found it really hard to try and make the topic funny, and maybe that got lost in the mix. And when I submitted it, I hoped it was funny, but thought it might be ridiculed.

So far there has only been one "1 star" rating about the putting down of a pet. Hey, it could be worse. There could be the option for a 0 rating. Makes you want to kick a duck.

Posted 15 Jun 12 01:33
Whomever he was, he raised the level here. He inspired me, and I could see that he "set the bar higher" for for many of you as well. I don't think Skoob has ever been so productive. Never seen so many wonderfully structured and genuinely funny stories; two or three per day, and he and Erskin on the anagrams (or whatever) was an education. If that intellect is gone, it's really unfortunate. That kind of talent is so rare. Oh well, I guess I'll just give my hairy snatch a scratch.

Why is he a "bastard" Erskin?

Posted 15 Jun 12 00:29

Nebraska earmarks big repository accommodating superior kayak accessories.

Posted 14 Jun 12 05:14
Gracious red ants come into our underwear sympathetically.   

Posted 14 Jun 12 04:48
 Nodding off during dinner is not gracious.  

Posted 14 Jun 12 04:44

Yawn advisedly when nodding.

Posted 14 Jun 12 02:45
Most appreciated. Thank you both.

From News Discussion / Long Island Villager Gets 2 Years in Jail for Not Mowing Lawn
Posted 14 Jun 12 02:00

Spelled the name right and everything. Is it Sunday?

From News Discussion / Long Island Villager Gets 2 Years in Jail for Not Mowing Lawn
Posted 14 Jun 12 01:55
Beautifully crafted. It seems like the idea should be relatively easy to come up with, and then carrying it through should be relatively straight forward. But if it was we'd all be doing it. Agree with Skoob. Funny as hell and nicely written.

Posted 14 Jun 12 01:38
Quote: Fergus McCarthy

Quote: Chris McManus

Stealth, to everyone's exasperation, leads to havoc.  

Ffs Chris!!!

This is exactly the kind of shit that they pick you up on!!!!!!

Sloppy and downright bloody careless.

Stand in the corner, face the wall.

This thread has gone to shite.[/

Guilty as charged. If only that was the only kind of shit they picked me up on. I hopefully fixed it without changing the course of history. Thank you.

Posted 14 Jun 12 01:32
Stealth, to everyone's annoyance,, leads to havoc.  

Posted 14 Jun 12 01:17
City inferior, tackle Yosemite

9 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top