All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Ellie James

42 Pages - «« « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » »»
From General Discussion / Bucket List!
Posted 10 Sep 12 22:48
1. To work on Debbie's sitcom writing team.

2. skydiving

3. go shopping with Debbie, since I suck at it

4. learn the guitar

5. write a smutty novel

Ellie

From General Discussion / What do you bring to a party?
Posted 5 Sep 12 02:55
But that's it....just normal clothes. Plus my hair in buns that look like pastries.

Ellie

From General Discussion / What do you bring to a party?
Posted 4 Sep 12 23:52

Ellie

From General Discussion / Brief Moments Of Outstanding Beauty
Posted 4 Sep 12 03:01
Yes. It really does put things into perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Philandering with grace!
Posted 2 Sep 12 15:22
Quote: Maria Rios

I wonder if statistically, women forgive men far more than men forgive women?

I was cheated on and I walked away. Not because I couldn't forgive him, but because it made me see the whole relationship differently. I realized that there really wasn't anything to save.

If we had been married or there was a child involved and I knew deep down he still was in love and all that, it would be different. It would be hard to forgive but eventually I would. I think. I've never been in that situation. I hope I never am.

Every situation is different, but I've heard lots of men say, "If my wife did that to me, I'd never forgive her." Who knows? I think it all depends on the people involved.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Rewriting the Past!
Posted 2 Sep 12 15:13
I got over my ex by writing an erotic story with the man being a hundred times better in bed than he was.

But, in the end, he was not the guy for me. And when we broke up, in a few weeks time I was a happier, more complete person. I was no longer feeling guilty about pretending to love someone I didn't love. While it stung at the time, and his final words cut deeply, I'm better off. And so is he. And I do hope he's found happiness with someone.

He and I would have been better off being friends. There are still things, 4 years later, I wish I could have his help with. Conversations I miss having with him. If we had been friends then we could at least still have that. But he and I never really were friends. We were just two people who found each other attractive, had a few things in common, and before I knew it I was in a serious relationship with someone who was fundamentally different than I am.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Rewriting the Past!
Posted 2 Sep 12 13:31

When I met my ex, I thought he was very sweet and a great dad to his teenage girls. One time he was feeling down and I was trying to cheer him up so I told him all his great qualities. I could only think of 4 things and when you love someone it should be more and should come easier to think of them. That should have been an eye opener but it wasn't. But I do think that in the beginning you just look at things with rose colored glasses.

With my best friend I could list his faults but then I could list tens of great things about him for just one fault. I could never do that with my ex. And it's probably why when we ended things I thought he was an ass.

Ellie

From General Discussion / What do you bring to a relationship?
Posted 2 Sep 12 02:42
Quote: Jean Le Fete

Nothing from Nothing

You're bringing Billy Preston? I guess that's what hillbillies bring?

Ellie

From General Discussion / What do you bring to a relationship?
Posted 2 Sep 12 01:50
I bring mean culinary skills. I also bring a dog. I also wear a lot of pink. So, I guess I bring pink as well.

I also bring 36Cs which, no matter how hard Debbie tries, she just can't.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Philandering with grace!
Posted 2 Sep 12 01:41
No....I wouldn't look away for the sake of the kids. If it's something, I guess, that could be fixed through counseling, that would be my first step. It would all depend on the circumstances I suppose.

I've been cheated on, and it hurts. I was out the door so fast it made his head spin. That was a long time ago though. Long before I had a child.

While I don't have a partner now. I'm happy with life and I love I have my best friend who I love. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Travel
Posted 2 Sep 12 00:55
Cuernavaca, Mexico - about 20 years ago before the whole drug trade got scary and dangerous

Taxco, Mexico - a lovely smaller town an hour or so away from Cuernavaca

Guanajuato, Mexico - one of the coolest places I've ever been to

Victoria, BC, Canada - I would live there if I could

Grand Canyon - words cannot describe how amazing it is

Austin, Texas - no cooler town in Texas that Austin!

Ellie

From General Discussion / The Real You
Posted 1 Sep 12 22:48
How I am online is who I am in person. I find life is too short to create personas and pretend to be someone you're not. It gets too confusing.

It's why I admire Debbie so much.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Your Aphrodisiac!
Posted 1 Sep 12 22:27

Ellie

From General Discussion / Is the Art of Romance Dead?
Posted 1 Sep 12 22:25
My best friend lives in Carlisle UK, and I live in Texas.

About a month ago, he remembered that I had told him that my brother (who died 12 years ago) always wanted to go to Scotland. Despite the fact he (my friend was feeling silly the whole time) he took a video of the Scottish border that's close to his village and he talked to me the whole time about the things in the video. I could tell he felt silly, but to me, it was very sweet and quite possibly way more romantic than anything my ex ever did for me.

It was simple, but so very sweet.

I think men believe that women need grand gestures, but that's just not true. It's the little things that matter. And I think that's why so many relationships fail...people forget the little things. Not just men either. Women can be just as guilty.

Ellie

From General Discussion / iPad?......iPod?.....iThick
Posted 1 Sep 12 15:18

Ellie

From General Discussion / iPad?......iPod?.....iThick
Posted 1 Sep 12 11:12
I have an Android. I don't do iphones because here in the Us, they drop calls all the time. Facetime is like skype and you can download it (skyoe) on most smart phones. Besides....Debbie doesn't have an iphone either I don't think.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Neil Armstrong
Posted 26 Aug 12 00:37
I was just a baby, but my parents have a picture of me in my baby carrier in front of the TV when it showed the moon landing.

RIP Neil Armstrong.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Lance Armstrong
Posted 26 Aug 12 00:35
I really want to believe him, but truthfully, I've always suspected something.

Ellie

From General Discussion / By Invitation Only
Posted 23 Aug 12 01:59
Quote: radiogagger

This thread has the potential to turn into the next tv reality show, like an international version of THE ONLY WAY IS ESSEX.

R'DOG

HA.....

Ellie

Posted 22 Aug 12 02:30
Actually, I have promised my daughter that I would be Daphne from Scooby Doo because she wants to be Velma so she can wear pretend glasses.

Sorry.

Do you think I can get away with wearing cowboy boots as Daphne?

Ellie

From General Discussion / Whip round for Jay Leno
Posted 22 Aug 12 01:35

Ellie

Posted 22 Aug 12 01:19
Unfortunately, gentlemen, that was a long time ago. Back before digital cameras. So, you're both out of luck.

Ellie

Posted 22 Aug 12 00:28
What's so sad is that his cut in his own pay won't seem to save the job cuts on his staff.

=I actually admire Jay Leno for the fact that, all in all, he is a sensible guy financially. From what I've read about him in the past he lives on money from his stand up. Live stand up. Not tv. He puts al his tv money into savings. At this point, he could stop getting pay checks from all his ventures and be very wealthy for the rest of his life.

I always thought that was a smart thing because if he ever lost his tv job, then he'd still be set.

I still don't respect what he did to Conan....but that's a different story.

Ellie

Posted 21 Aug 12 21:21

From someone who hasn't had a pay raise in 3 years or a cost of living increase in 20, I'll skip on donating money to a man who needs no more of it.

Ellie

From News Discussion / Akin: Woman's Body Armor Thwarts Rape Pregnancy with Tricks -- Sperm "Won't Ask for Help or Directions"
Posted 21 Aug 12 21:20
Odd thing is that this congressman this story is about is actually on the SCIENCE committee! How is someone who knows shit about science on the science committee?

I for one am glad that my mind alone can will me to either become pregnant or not become pregnant depending on the circumstance.

Ellie

42 Pages - «« « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top