All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Ellie James

42 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » »»
From News Discussion / English GCSE results: Does it effect peoples ability's in todays journalism?
Posted 9 Nov 12 01:08

Ellie

From General Discussion / Is there an attempt to censor literature in your country?
Posted 7 Nov 12 04:10
I teach kindergarten. I wouldn't know Frankie!

But, I could ask my librarian for a list of books that have been banned or people want to be banned for whatever reason.

I have a cousin who refused to let her children read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe for some reason having to do with anti-catholicism. And she didn't bother reading it herself. It was all based on what others told her. I would imagine most people who want to ban books haven't even read the book that want to ban.

Ellie

From News Discussion / Snake Kicked Off Plane at Glasgow Airport Gives Interview
Posted 6 Nov 12 23:20
I love how people in Glasgow can speak Parseltongue.

Ellie

From News Discussion / Mike Huckabee: 'You'll burn in hell if you vote Obama!'
Posted 1 Nov 12 23:05

If it were me...I might have had them listen to a recording of their own track backwards and have Satan confirm it. Maybe....

I liked your story though.

Ellie

From Magazine Discussion / My life as a man #23
Posted 24 Oct 12 01:39
That's very touching. As a woman, I've always found the life long friendships guys have to be very mysterious and almost something to be jealous of. My brother had a friend like that.

A very well written and heart felt piece that I could really visualize.

5 from me.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Waiting
Posted 23 Oct 12 04:07
Yeah....they touched briefly on education. I had to leave the room then, but all I heard was Romney said that he loved teachers. Then I thought, "Great...he loved Big Bird, too."

Education should be a part of foreign policy though according to this article, which makes sense:
Why Education Should be Part of Foreign Policy Debate

But anyway, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch all the pundits talk about the debate and what they said about education because I had to take my dog to have a crap. I waited then too.

Seems like I wait for a lot of crap!

Ellie

From General Discussion / Waiting
Posted 23 Oct 12 03:05
I waited for Castle to air tonight, but then realized that the debates were on instead. I'll be waiting another week.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Which living or historic person would you like to bitch-slap?
Posted 23 Oct 12 00:11

Andy Warhol.

There are more, but I can't think of anymore right now.

From General Discussion / Jaggedone's Book is on the shelves!
Posted 20 Oct 12 00:41

Ellie

From General Discussion / That'll Teach Em
Posted 14 Oct 12 22:43
It hasn't really made the local papers here, yet. But it will. And when it does, the guy will not be able to go out in his neighborhood anymore. He'll be branded a pedadile in the eyes of his community. And, Arlington is a pretty close knit community.

And yeah. He'll be fired, and then no one will probably hire him again.

People like him sicken me. He says he's only posting for a bit of fun. What a bastard!

Ellie

From Magazine Discussion / Local Man Describes Meeting With Funeral Director
Posted 12 Oct 12 04:31

Brought back memories.

When we had to make my brother's arrangements, my parents didn't know how to have him dressed. I simply said, "jeans and a shirt." They went with it. Because that's who he was....a guy who wore jeans and shirts.

Those moments in those places are very surreal indeed. Sorry you had to go through it.

5 from me.
Ellie

From News Discussion / Isle of Wight News - Scab collection stolen
Posted 12 Oct 12 04:26

That's just gross. Funny though.

Ellie x

From Magazine Discussion / My life as a man #11
Posted 6 Oct 12 02:42

I agree with Debbie about the Trivial Pursuit line. It did make me laugh though because I loved playing Trivial Pursuit and actually needed a history buff on my team but never really had one.

Ellie

From News Discussion / 'Evil' Bert goes after Romney
Posted 6 Oct 12 02:35
I thought this was very clever. I wish I would have thought of it.

It would be a very sad thing to cut the funding for PBS. No matter your political view there are many children whose only source of pre school education is Sesame Street. And, they've already cut funding for Education and Head Start programs. Of course, that happened under Bush also.

As for the other question: It seems that the two candidates are pretty much tied right now.

As for Obama not forcing Congress to get things done, it's hard to work with a Congress who won't work with you. I mean, the congress we have now won't compromise on anything other than mandating we teach a "Constitution Day" every year in public schools. It seems both sides of congress behave in a passive aggressive manner with each other. They are children.

Ellie

From General Discussion / The worst haiku ever written in the WesternWorld thread
Posted 5 Oct 12 21:11

Haikus about home mortgages. Who would've thought?

Not the Japanese, I'm sure.

Interest rates are high
But I worry not today
Because mine is fixed

Ellie

From General Discussion / The Add A Funny Clip Thread
Posted 4 Oct 12 12:12

Ellie

Quote: radiogagger

This thread is back after its summer break.

For all the teachers out there...

From News Discussion / Confusion As Man Thinks Girlfriend Is Going To Ring Him, Whilst She Thinks He Is Going To Ring Her!
Posted 4 Oct 12 01:00

5 from me.

Ellie

From General Discussion / The Hippy thread
Posted 3 Oct 12 02:27
My hippy name would be Sunshine Hemingway.

I don't know why....but it would be.

Peace, Love and The Doors.

Ellie

From News Discussion / Taser Guns To Be Introduced In UK Primary Schools
Posted 2 Oct 12 04:19

6 year old assaults teacher

I have a kid in my class this year who could do this. My daughter, had a messed up kid in her class all year who threw chairs, kicked his teacher, hit kids....and dropped the F bomb all the time.

Ellie

From General Discussion / Elementary Vs. Sherlock
Posted 2 Oct 12 01:59
I saw the first episode of the US answer to Sherlock. I promised myself I'd give it a chance. Did any of you on this side of the pond see it? What were your thoughts.

I am not sure of Johnny MIller's Sherlock. As an actor, I really like him. But his Sherlock seemed way more capable of compassion than the UK version. I always thought the UK version portrayed him as someone on the spectrum of Aspberger's. The US version seems to be portraying him as a very screwed up but brilliant guy who, it seems, is capable of having real feelings. Because why else do you go into drug rehab?

Your thoughts?

Ellie

From General Discussion / The worst haiku ever written in the WesternWorld thread
Posted 2 Oct 12 00:30

Really funny! I love really bad haikus because I used to write them in school in my notebook for fun while I had to turn in my "proper" haikus to the teacher for a grade.

Ellie

Posted 1 Oct 12 12:17
Ha....no. I don't have a pair. My friend, however, does. As he's a man. And he claims the dentist hurts just sitting in the office.

Just enjoy writing really bad haiku. It amuses me.

Ellie

Posted 1 Oct 12 03:15
Makes me cringe as she hurts my
testicles somehow

(this was inspired by something someone said to me today regarding the dentist)

Ellie

From General Discussion / Ideas for 'Dragons Den'
Posted 30 Sep 12 14:02
At first I thought this was some sort of weird thread about bondage. But now I see it's like what we call Shark Tank here in the US.

I want to design and make geek inspired bicycles.

Seriously.

Ellie

Posted 29 Sep 12 22:08
needs to be with gloves on
I have phobias

42 Pages - « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top