All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Tommy Twinkle

8 Pages - «« « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » »»
From News Discussion / Many Youngsters Still Refusing To Work For Nothing!
Posted 8 Jan 12 15:55
Thanks Inchy. Means a lot mate. Glad you liked it.

From General Discussion / Things You Shouldn't Say Because They Don't make Sense
Posted 8 Jan 12 14:11
"I feel lucky" and/or
"I'm on a winning streak"
(Okay, so they don't really apply as 'don't make sense' but they're true nonetheless).

From News Discussion / Many Youngsters Still Refusing To Work For Nothing!
Posted 5 Jan 12 22:51
Thanky vely much. Cheers Skoob - appreciated, and agree with your comments.....especially the 'Brilliant' bit!

From General Discussion / Hotel Spoof
Posted 28 Dec 11 19:25
(continued...) It's just that we've still got a few chapters to read but we're only booked up till today. Would it be possible for us to extend our stay here for another couple of nights?

From General Discussion / Hotel Spoof
Posted 28 Dec 11 18:40
"When I made a booking in October to stay a few days with my wife here at your hotel over Christmas I was promised a room with a view, but so far all we've been given since our arrival here on Christmas Eve has been this E.M.Forster book to read!"

From Magazine Discussion / The Beginner's Guide Special Edition: Ten Things To Know About Christmas
Posted 28 Dec 11 17:04
Five from me - Throw any brussels sprouts you don't want over to my plate though - delicious little wonders!

From General Discussion / Spoof Twitter Game
Posted 19 Nov 11 16:34
Found a use for it. Battery went dead on my oven so I switched on my electric fire, folded up the leaflet then used the electric fire to set the leaflet alight. With the flaming leaflet I then used it to light my oven. Can also confirm that running a finger burn under a tap of cold water does ease the pain a little.

Singed eyebrows look a bit strange though!

From General Discussion / Spoof Twitter Game
Posted 19 Nov 11 13:24
Heard what I thought was the postman walking up to front door. Heard something come through the letter-box. Went to see what it was. Found it was just a leaflet from a local Pizza take-away restaurant. I don't like pizzas.

From Magazine Discussion / Combat - June 9th 1944 - Northern France
Posted 15 Nov 11 11:00
Quote: Jaggedone

Just U Tubed it, although Donovan immortalised it Buffy St Marie wrote it. You learn something everyday. By the way just listened to Barry McQuires's classic; Eve of destruction. They don't make em like that anymore, superb!

Thank Skoob for opening up this lovely can of classics, try White Rabbit from Jefferson, chilling man!

"Masters of War" Bob Dylan.
Wow!!!

From Magazine Discussion / Combat - June 9th 1944 - Northern France
Posted 14 Nov 11 13:55
Tried to 5 star this and it came up on the screen that I'd already rated it (which I hadn't). Went back to writer's desk and put the story on again. This time it accepted the 5 star rating. Anyone else finding they're being told they've already rated stories they haven't rated?

Terrific writing Skoob.

From Magazine Discussion / When Aunt Doris Came To Stay (Part Two)
Posted 10 Nov 11 12:52
FM: The challenge I set myself was to see just how bad a poem I'd be able to get through approvals! 'Bad' had to be 'good' in the context of the overall story.

EIF: Thank you for that comment.

Skoob: I can write longer poems, poems with more verses. Is that what you mean by 'must do better'? Yeah, it must be!

Thanks to all for the stars, and thanks to all who read my story. Cheers!

From Magazine Discussion / When Aunt Doris Came To Stay (Part One)
Posted 9 Nov 11 12:55

Fiction-ish!

From Magazine Discussion / When Aunt Doris Came To Stay (Part Two)
Posted 9 Nov 11 12:53

From General Discussion / Love You All
Posted 6 Nov 11 13:45

From General Discussion / I couldn't sing a gay song, it wouldn't be sincere
Posted 5 Nov 11 17:47
Arm. The name of this site is 'The Spoof'. Calm down sir.

From General Discussion / I couldn't sing a gay song, it wouldn't be sincere
Posted 5 Nov 11 13:57
Laurel & Hardy dancing in 'Way Out West'. Marvelous!

From General Discussion / Should Arm change his name?
Posted 5 Nov 11 13:46
For quite a lot of us perhaps 'Legless' would be appropriate!

From General Discussion / My OU Forum are having arguments with each other
Posted 5 Nov 11 13:11
Savaloys scream after being in a micro wave oven for about 30 seconds. They taste nice though!

From General Discussion / Replacement Hearing aids batteries
Posted 3 Nov 11 15:30
Yep, that's the place Lynton. Wind? I was with me bruvver there one Saturday. Along some of the rows the market had permanent stalls concreted into the ground. Market had to be abandoned about 11am when the wind had buckled up most of the stalls! A stall behind us (not one of those permanently fixed to the ground) flew up in the air, bounced on top of our van, then flew on over our stall to come crashing down just in front of it. Luckily it didn't come down on anyone.
Wise to wear a crash helmet when visiting that market!

Posted 3 Nov 11 01:02
Hemel Hempstead? Brother had a stall at Bovingdon for a few years. Gave it up after pissed down one Saturday, and returned home with about a thousand penlight batteries in a plastic carrier bag. The cards they'd been stuck onto had all fallen to bits after he'd left them out at the front of the stall trying to take in the pitch rent! Walked in and looking like a drowned rat just said "Don't ask" then went upstairs to his bed!

Hard life market trading - donations will not be refused.

(No Euros...No US dollars...sorry!)

From General Discussion / I hate that.
Posted 3 Nov 11 00:28

From General Discussion / Halloween Vid
Posted 1 Nov 11 17:14
Very funny video Skoob. Do you remember Ray Alan? Not related to Lord Charles are you? Similar voice mate!

From General Discussion / Ha-Ha-Halloween
Posted 31 Oct 11 20:13
My front doorbell has a tendency to get stuck - it then
goes ding dong ding dong ding dong continuously - and loudly.

Some kids just pushed the bell hoping to 'get a treat'.
Bell got stuck. They ran off scared thinking they'd busted me bell. Ha-Ha ... I'm starting to love Halloween!!!!!!

Posted 30 Oct 11 21:19
Keep a look out for the brand name Varta or Ray-O-Vac. Especially Varta - very good quality. Bit dearer than the
cards of batteries from the pound shops but very good quality.

Posted 30 Oct 11 15:32
If a person's getting the hearing aid batteries for free - that's fine.

I used to have a market stall selling small electrical bits and pieces - including cell batteries. The wholesale price, even for the better brand names, is very cheap (very good mark up on them actually!) Hearing aids don't always use the same battery number, but it's often AG3, AG10, or AG13, or equivalent- AG13 is also called LR1ll4 for instance. Lots of people pay through the nose for these cell batteries, by following the 'use only our batteries' warnings. All I'm saying is that at the end of the day the money's coming out of your pockets! Nudge nudge! wink wink! Know what I mean?

PS: Best wishes Inch. At least you now have another chapter to add to those 'Tales of Woe'.

8 Pages - «« « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top