All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Stevey G.

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
From News Discussion / Sarah Palin Convinces Florida Minister Not To Burn Koran!
Posted 10 Sep 10 15:30

5 well-earned 'thumbs-up' from me.

Regards,

SG

From News Discussion / Rooneygate: Sponsor Slogans Drove Wayne Rooney to Jennifer Thompson Scandal?
Posted 7 Sep 10 16:10

5 thumbs from me.

Regards,

SG

From News Discussion / Prostitute Jennifer Thompson investigated for Benefit Fraud
Posted 7 Sep 10 13:41

Kind Regards,

SG

From General Discussion / Lay off Wayne Rooney
Posted 7 Sep 10 13:38
Quote: F Fred Palakon

What is everyone's problem with Wayne Rooney?

Good one Fred!

You were being ironic I take it???

SG

From News Discussion / Police search for "indecent" images on Wayne Rooney's computer
Posted 7 Sep 10 06:22
Thanks Guys, comments greatly appreciated.

I've usually had no trouble getting items published, but I had two stories stuck yesterday 'pending approval' and they're still there this morning. I have dropped a line to Mark to see if there was a problem and await his response.

Skoob, Get well soon.

Regards all,

SG

From News Discussion / Prostitute Jennifer Thompson investigated for Benefit Fraud
Posted 7 Sep 10 06:15
Quote: Skoob1999

5 from moi Stevey G

Regards

Skoob.[/

Many thanks Skoob.

Much appreciated.

Regards,

SG

From News Discussion / Ice-Age skull discovered on Isle of Wight
Posted 2 Aug 10 05:36

Regards,

SG

From News Discussion / Isle Of Wight News - Ryde Hit By Swede Shortage
Posted 30 Jul 10 21:30

5***** from me too.

SG

From News Discussion / IoW Beauty Queen's Multiple Birth Casts Doubt On Bid For Miss Universe Title
Posted 30 Jul 10 21:24

5*****from me.

Well done Sir!

From News Discussion / Isle of Wight News - Council Cutbacks Mean Whelk Stall Weddings
Posted 30 Jul 10 21:16
Absolutely Brilliant!! I loved every mad word of it.
5***** very deserved stars.

SG

From News Discussion / 'Ashley Cole is a Wanker' Facebook site breaks records
Posted 30 Jul 10 21:08
Thanks to Lynton, EQ and Skoob for your comments.

EQ and Skoob: I think you're both right. On reflection it could have done with a bit more 'punch'.

From News Discussion / Satire-Writer bemoans 'dumbing-down' of spoof web-site
Posted 29 Jul 10 21:04
Many thanks, both to Abel and Birbee. Much appreciated.

Cheers and regards,

SG

From News Discussion / The Story Behind The Legend of The Tequila Worm
Posted 29 Jul 10 21:01

Like Skoob, I particularly enjoyed the credits.

SG

Posted 29 Jul 10 14:29

Regards,

SG

Posted 29 Jul 10 14:14

Cheers SG

From News Discussion / Spoof-Writer banned from web-site for 'Princess Diana' story
Posted 29 Jul 10 08:33
Quote:Fergus McCarthy

'I'll have to read it again, I just can't see the brilliance, but to be fair I don't really see it as a response either.'

Sorry Fergus, I see now that it was far too subtle (but between you and me, it was meant to be a response). By all means have a few more reads though, points are thin on the ground today.

(Ssshhhh, I know we're publically not bothered about points, but what the heck, were amongst friends!)

From News Discussion / Spoof-Writer banned from web-site for 'Princess Diana' story
Posted 29 Jul 10 08:19
Quote: Erskin Quint

This is mildly amusing. Mild all round really. Nicely written but perhaps could have had more teeth.

Thanks EQ. 'mildly amusing' was exactly what I was aiming for, so well done me!

Memo to self: Could do better. Next story....more teeth!

Posted 28 Jul 10 13:11
Quote: Colonel Juan

Brilliant response Stevey...

Made me smile..

And bloody well written

Many thanks C.J.

I'm pleased that it raised a smile.

Cheers and Regards,

SG

From News Discussion / Madeleine McCann found Live and Well
Posted 27 Jul 10 12:24

Many thanks for your comments.

Like you, I hate the idea of censorship, but will stand by my original offer.

Therefore, as previously stated on both this and the other thread, if the majority of responses from writers request that I delete this story, then I will do so.

Best Wishes

SG

From News Discussion / Prince Charles launches 'i-pot'
Posted 27 Jul 10 10:46
Quote: Colonel Juan

Nice story Stevey..

Wish I'd thought of it..

Cheers Colonel, Many Thanks.

From News Discussion / Madeleine McCann found Live and Well
Posted 27 Jul 10 09:13
Apologies in advance if this message ends up as a bit of a rant.

Firstly, thanks to those who offered positive comments with regards to the article and to those who awarded a very generous number of stars.

I came across this site less than a month ago and so clearly would not be aware of any agreement that was made three years ago, regarding the censorship of certain subjects by certain writers. I was under the impression that the subject matter was pretty much left up to the writer, with 'The Administrator' (Mark) having the final decision with regards to whether to publish or not. If an agreement was reached three years ago, was Mark not aware of this?

The very nature of the site means that 99% of articles will offend someone, whether they be gays, lesbians, muslims, politicians, celebrities, or residents of the Isle of Wight!

In a world full of political correctness, what attracted me to this site was the opportunity to write and sometimes let off steam, without interference from the 'thought-police' or 'politically-correct brigade'

I did think long and hard before clicking to publish this particular story as I acknowledge that the subject matter is a sensitive one. I'm not totally insensitive to the wider issues. I'm a dad myself with two young girls aged 2 and 6 and can only imagine the turmoil that the parents and family of Madeleine are going through.

My story was meant to be 'absurd', not shocking and Madeleine was maintained in good health throughout, well-fed, watered and entertained.

I refuse to ackowledge that the parents of Madeleine McCann are likely to use 'google' to update themselves on the current situation and thus stumble across my story. For goodness sake, books and articles have been written on the subject which have suggested they might have been involved in the disappearence. Now I can accept they would have caused distress!

I am reluctant to delete this story, but will do so if the concensus of the writers is that I have exceeded boundaries, or that I have written about a topic that was 'taboo'. Can other writers please let me know?

It has been suggested that there may be other similar topics that 'agreements' have been made to avoid. As a novice to the site it would be useful if a list of these could be provided.

From News Discussion / Prince Charles launches 'i-pot'
Posted 27 Jul 10 08:17
Quote: Erskin Quint

Nice one. *****

Thank-you Sir. You are too kind!

From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 23 Jul 10 22:01
Youthfulness, or utter teenage hedonism, fraternizing until late, never ending sexual stamina.

Ah those were the days!

Posted 22 Jul 10 17:30
Ontario, nice travellers arriving reside in Ottawa

Posted 22 Jul 10 17:19
Esthero? She's the hip-hop entertainer residing Ontario.?

Sorry Lynton, you appear to have pipped me to the post here.

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top