All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Asheville Jack

From News Discussion / Asheville to house the homeless in trees with the help of the Sierra Club
Posted 13 Sep 12 13:31
Well as you can tell, I'm from Asheville. If yur trees have internet access count in, or up...whatever.

From News Discussion / After Losing Playoff Game, Tom Brandy Admits the Patriots Chances of Winning the Super Bowl are Slim
Posted 25 Jan 11 15:45

As for the for the 12 thumbs, 4 fingers and £1.38 in money...sounds like the worlds worst proctologist at work here.

From News Discussion / 60 Foot Statue of Jesus Seen Crawling Down Interstate I-71
Posted 18 Jan 11 21:41
Damn, I just got out of the joint - better late than never. Thanks or the thumbs up, all!

From News Discussion / California Ups the Ante With Arizona in Boycott Wars
Posted 21 May 10 18:05
Thanks folks, I had a spate of temporary sanity for several months. But that has disappeared and so now I'm back.

From News Discussion / Death Party Claim They Will Destroy All Nations Who Gave In During World War 2
Posted 28 Aug 09 17:05
As a political strategy, it sounds reasonable to me.

To quote Randy Newman, the great American Philosopher, from his poem Political Science:

Well, boom goes London,
And boom Paree.
More room for you
And more room for me.
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town.
Oh, how peaceful it'll be;
We'll set everybody free;
You'll have Japanese kimonos, baby,
There'll be Italian shoes for me.
They all hate us anyhow,
So let's drop the big one now.
Let's drop the big one now.

From News Discussion / Ted's a Dead Kennedy (80's punk band also!), so f******g what!
Posted 27 Aug 09 16:21
Sometimes the subject of death, in the hands of a capable writer can be very funny. This story isn't one of those times. Sorry.

Try Earl Gray's satire on Kennedys death "New Kennedy Conspiracy Theory Gains Momentum" which is both a funny and intelligent poke at Ted Kennedy's death.

Speaking of dying, when I die I want to go out peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather….. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!

From General Discussion / Memorable film quotes......
Posted 21 Aug 09 01:02
Perhaps one of the greatest pieces of satire ever written ~

President Merkin Muffley to Premier Kissoff:

Hello?... Uh... Hello D- uh hello Dmitri? Listen uh uh I can't hear too well. Do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little?... Oh-ho, that's much better... yeah... huh... yes... Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri... Clear and plain and coming through fine... I'm coming through fine, too, eh?... Good, then... well, then, as you say, we're both coming through fine... Good... Well, it's good that you're fine and... and I'm fine... I agree with you, it's great to be fine... a-ha-ha-ha-ha... Now then, Dmitri, you know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the Bomb... The *Bomb*, Dmitri... The *hydrogen* bomb!... Well now, what happened is... ahm... one of our base commanders, he had a sort of... well, he went a little funny in the head... you know... just a little... funny. And, ah... he went and did a silly thing... Well, I'll tell you what he did. He ordered his planes... to attack your country... Ah... Well, let me finish, Dmitri... Let me finish, Dmitri... Well listen, how do you think I feel about it?... Can you *imagine* how I feel about it, Dmitri?... Why do you think I'm calling you? Just to say hello?... *Of course* I like to speak to you!... *Of course* I like to say hello!... Not now, but anytime, Dmitri. I'm just calling up to tell you something terrible has happened... It's a *friendly* call. Of course it's a friendly call... Listen, if it wasn't friendly... you probably wouldn't have even got it... They will *not* reach their targets for at least another hour... I am... I am positive, Dmitri... Listen, I've been all over this with your ambassador. It is not a trick... Well, I'll tell you. We'd like to give your air staff a complete run-down on the targets, the flight plans, and the defensive systems of the planes... Yes! I mean i-i-i-if we're unable to recall the planes, then... I'd say that, ah... well, ah... we're just gonna have to help you destroy them, Dmitri... I know they're our boys... All right, well listen now. Who should we call?... *Who* should we call, Dmitri? The... wha-whe, the People... you, sorry, you faded away there... The People's Central Air Defense Headquarters... Where is that, Dmitri?... In Omsk... Right... Yes... Oh, you'll call them first, will you?... Uh-huh... Listen, do you happen to have the phone number on you, Dmitri?... Whe-ah, what? I see, just ask for Omsk information... Ah-ah-eh-uhm-hm... I'm sorry, too, Dmitri... I'm very sorry... *All right*, you're sorrier than I am, but I am as sorry as well... I am as sorry as you are, Dmitri! Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are... So we're both sorry, all right?... All right.

Dr. Strangelove

From General Discussion / Memorable film quotes......
Posted 21 Aug 09 00:52
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Dr. Strangelove

From General Discussion / Cops bust eccentric old man acting suspiciously...for being Bob Dylan!
Posted 20 Aug 09 14:55
Well, Hell. He's always been a man of the people. I bet he got into Willie's stash.

From News Discussion / Rupert Murdouch to Purchase TheSpoof.com
Posted 18 Aug 09 21:26
Yea, that's right. So my mug was shot. Big deal, I've got a Chinese made mug coming in the mail.

From News Discussion / Rupert Murdouch to Purchase TheSpoof.com
Posted 18 Aug 09 20:58
Thanks SFO. My psychiatrist Dr. Philburt Nutt gave me the option of writing crap like this or a lobotomy. I'm beginning to like the idea of the lobotomy.

WTF - I'm two days late again?

From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 21 Jul 09 21:01
Sincere Irene's not celibate, every rowdy enjoys

From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 21 Jul 09 19:31
Sentences entail new typists ending near correct emails, ''sincerely''

Sincerely Irene noted casually every randy elephant lusting yearns

From News Discussion / Atheists Go to the Rooftops to Profess their Faith...less...ness
Posted 14 Jul 09 13:13
5* for originality, and the very funny line -

" There is No God! Isn't That Great!"

From News Discussion / Cosmonaut Ordered Home from Space Station
Posted 12 Jul 09 04:40
Quote: victor nicholas

How long do they have to stand upside down?

Exactly !

Posted 12 Jul 09 01:37
Skoob, thanks for the welcome and the rating. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've never been to England, but my daughter returned from London recently. She said she saw the following sign in an office building:

After tea break, staff should empty the teapot and stand upside down on the draining board.

Why do Brits do this?

Posted 11 Jul 09 21:59
Thanks for the welcome. But tell me something. Why is it that ever since joining 'the spoof' every time I get near my computer the hands on my watch start spinning wildly about. What's up with that?

Posted 11 Jul 09 14:50
Thanks for the welcome. But tell me something. Why is it that ever since joining 'the spoof' every time I get near my computer the hands on my watch start spinning wildly about. What's up with that?

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top