This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / Magazine Discussion / Conservative Science

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Forumbot
Automated
Posted: 21 Aug 13 02:52

Extract from Article:
We expect science to build upon the past. Aristotle to Watson and Crick. Archimedes through Newton to Einstein, and beyond. Some vestigial artifacts seem to slip through time. A woman of my acquaintance, with a master's degree in education, refused to hang washing on her clothesline during pregnancy. She believed there was a danger of the umbilical cord wrapping around the neck of the fetus.....

Click here for full article »

Please discuss at will.
PLEASE NOTE: The story you are discussing is a JOKE. It is a SPOOF NEWS story written on a SPOOF NEWS website.

Matt Birkenhauer
This user is offline Writer

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 21 Aug 13 03:09
"Some would still use the Bible as a textbook for science, specifically the Old Testament. Witness the push for the teaching of creationism in public schools. A scientific anachronism skips over hundreds of years of advancement and remains viable in the minds of those who would substitute revealed truth for modern science."

This is the contemporary GOP--an analog to the Know Nothing Party of the mid-nineteenth century (a party that was active in my own state of KY--still is!). The credo of this party of Know Nothings, by Kenneth Parcell, of 30 Rock: "Science was my most favorite subject, especially the Old Testament."

Good read!

"Some would still use the Bible as a textbook for science, specifically the Old Testament. Witness the push for the teaching of creationism in public schools. A scientific anachronism skips over hundreds of years of advancement and remains viable in the minds of those who would substitute revealed truth for modern science."
Yep. This pretty much describes the contemporary GOP, which in many ways resembles the Know Nothing Party of the mid-nineteenth century (active in my own state of Kentucky-still is!). Its credo, from Kenneth Purcell of 30 Rock: "Science was my most favorite subject, especially the Old Testament."

Good read!

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum