This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / News Discussion / BBC Launch Probe Into Bruce Forsyth "False Chin" Allegations

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Forumbot
Automated
Posted: 19 Oct 12 11:40

Extract from Story:
Beleaguered BBC bosses were left reeling today after yet another scandal broke involving one of their biggest star turns. Already engulfed in controversy following the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal, BBC chiefs fear the corporation known as 'Auntie' may become terminally tainted with this latest shocking revelation. The man at the centre of the scandal is the legendary Sir Bruce Forsyth. Sir.....

Click here for full story »

Please discuss at will.
PLEASE NOTE: The story you are discussing is a JOKE. It is a SPOOF NEWS story written on a SPOOF NEWS website.

Patti Cake
This user is offline Writer

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 19 Oct 12 11:42
Oh my God....or OMG......Simon......I laughed like a drain over this one.............BRILLIANT......FANTABULOUS.......WELL DONE!

X

Tommy Twinkle

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 19 Oct 12 12:51
Be honest, Simon, you were in tears of laughter when writing this one weren't you. You must have been. Come on, admit it.

5* (but deserves so much more).

radiogagger
radiogagger

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 19 Oct 12 14:15
Money for old grope, I mean rope. Loved it.

Six stars simple, I mean Simon 'Sixy' Saunders.

R'DOG

'How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything'
T Harv Eker
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 19 Oct 12 16:50
Fine spoofage from The Leicester Tiger there!

5!

THE SATIRIST'S SAFE HOUSE.....IT AINT HALF SSHITE MUM
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 19 Oct 12 17:34
As per usual I had the idea while lying in bed trying to get to sleep. It always seems to be the time that I have ideas.

I s'pose it's a partial parody of the Savile story with a few adjustments.

The Chin Society was actually a creation of mine when I was about 11 years old as a homage to Jimmy Hill and Brucie. Really, I am a fan of Brucie despite my attempts to slur his good name.

Patti,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Tommy,

I must admit I did have a chuckle to myself.

Conan,

Thanks for continuing to call me "Simple" and for the 6 star comment.

Clive,

Haha. I've never been called a "Leicester Tiger" before. Except for the time I mauled an old biddy on a visit to the Chinese state circus. Oh, happy days.

Thanks guys. Must appreciated.

Simple, bugger it, I mean Simon.

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
radiogagger
radiogagger

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 19 Oct 12 17:43

Quote: Simon Saunders

Conan,

Thanks for continuing to call me "Simple" and for the 6 star comment.

Thanks guys. Must appreciated.

Simple, bugger it, I mean Simon.

Clive put me up to it. He said if I want to join the gang, I gotta take someone else out. Psychologically.

Best to retire it now - gotta keep it fresh as per my Reader Beware note

'How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything'
T Harv Eker
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 19 Oct 12 17:49
R'Dog,

I don't mind really.

I knew that Clive fella would be behind it. I've been allowed into the gang. My plan is to bring it down from within, but, shhh, don't tell anyone.

Simon

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Nov 12 21:59
Got a one thumb rating for this story yesterday.

Ho hum.

Simon

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Nov 12 02:08
Certainly wasn't from me old boy. I say 'down with that sort of thing!'

But then, I would, because I've had my fair share too.

It makes one question the motivation behind such heinous deeds. I attribute it to a predilection for beating on people with total anonymity.

Name and shame the bastards!

That's what I say.

I've only ever one-starred/thumbed stories on two occasions in the four plus years I've been writing here. And on those accasions it was to prove a point.

Don't be dispirited by it. There seem to be throngs of messed up people on the internet who thrive on trying to hurt people with a degree of talent, in order to mask their own insecurities.

It's pathetic really.

Write on!

Skoob.

RIP
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Nov 12 02:21
If there is genuine reason for it then I don't have a problem.

There may be a good reason for it and it would be helpful to have an explanation. Without a worded critique it does feel like getting a swift kick in the balls from a balaclava wearing person before they run off behind a tree to hide.

In summary. Genuine criticism is helpful and I certainly don't think I am exempt from it. Hit and run one thumbers are not helpful.

Simon

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Nov 12 03:22
I agree absolutely.

It's just something you learn to live with. It would help that people who feel so strongly that they downgrade a relatively innocuous story would explain why.

But they won't.

They're inadequate. They just do it because they can.

It's to be expected that you'll get one star/thumb ratings if you mention a popular football team, or a popular celebrity and say things that fans of said team/star don't like.

Sadly, there are some warped people out there.

My best advice would be to dismiss the rater as a muppet.

A really crap muppet.

Ignore it mate. Trolls abound. Writers don't.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Nov 12 04:38
^^^^^^^ Doyen of The Spoof giving succour to a more junior contributor and by so doing providing living proof that he's not at bay as has been suggested in some quarters.

Personally I've never been given a one thumb rating for any of my work, despite being a perennial compo winning legend who routinely pisses over all the other writer's risible efforts on my way to compo winning glory.

In point of fact I have to run a gauntlet of nude birds every time I leave my house who cry out to me "Please make love to us all one by one Cliveypops you big 5 thumb hunk of burning love you!"

Naturally I make my excuses and leave.

Only yesterday I had a spoof published based on Dr Watson being struck off the medical register for laziness and as soon as it went live a female hand came out of my monitor and began stroking my face as a husky voice said "What an absolutely first rate Spoof Clivey! I bet nobody will give THAT wonderful effort a one thumb rating, despite the fact you win all the compos by an absolute country mile"

She then masturbated me to completion before I had a chance to make my excuses and leave.

Absolutely true story that is. My mate told me.

THE SATIRIST'S SAFE HOUSE.....IT AINT HALF SSHITE MUM

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum