This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / News Discussion / Coronation Street To End In 2010

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Forumbot
Automated
Posted: 10 Feb 09 20:48

Extract from Story:
The World's longest running soap is set to end in 2010 according to various shady and unreliable sources at Granada studios, where soap 'Coronation Street' is made. Set in the mythical city of Manchester but the real life village (it only has 2 streets) of Weatherfield the soap will cease production in a special Christmas production slated for Christmas 2010. "Basically it has run it's cour.....

Click here for full story »

Please discuss at will.
PLEASE NOTE: The story you are discussing is a JOKE. It is a SPOOF NEWS story written on a SPOOF NEWS website.

Mark
This user is offline Spoofer-in-Chief
Mark

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 10 Feb 09 20:55
I laughed out loud when I read the last paragraph.

It'd be a lot more fun if actors maintained their characters in whatever show they were acting in.

Like if Craig Charles' character was actually Dave Lister, and he's got the Cat, Kryten and Rimmer holed up in the flat over the taxi rank.

Or if Don Fisher came in to the Woolpack to try and get Marilyn to come back to Summer Bay and bring up their baby. Seriously - that relationship was never going to work.

You could have the entire TV world subsisting within one giant storyline. It'd make for a more interesting evening.

Spoofing all over the world
IN SEINE
This user is offline French Tickler
IN SEINE

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 10 Feb 09 22:12
Yep very funny Dunc! 5*

I agree - every character has been married at least twice, had affairs various times, changed gender, killed someone, spent time in Jail, wheelchair-bound, they're all the same.

As Mark said it would be funny if they cross pollinated - anyone for Edna Birch (Emmerdale)

This might be lost on those poor 'Mericans who have never seen quality, long-lasting soap.

~IS~

"Out of my mind. Back in five minutes!"
Monkey Woods
This user is offline Dirty Ape
Monkey Woods

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 10 Feb 09 23:24
But what about Steve McDonald? Go on, Dunc, find him a part in summat else.

Rated, but I can't say what with.

To have ambitions, was my ambition
IN SEINE
This user is offline French Tickler
IN SEINE

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 11 Feb 09 15:46

Quote: Monkey Woods

But what about Steve McDonald?

I'm sure NickFun could write him into 'Coach'!

~IS~

"Out of my mind. Back in five minutes!"
Duncan Whitehead
This user is offline The Innuendo Kid
Duncan Whitehead

Forum Profile
Posted: 11 Feb 09 17:56
Steve MacDonald could go to Hollywood in my opinion - he could be like the next Daniel Craig - a James Bond who drinks pints. Ken Roach (Bill Barlow) should have done that - he could have been like Michael Caine - now he gets confused who he actually is - not being nasty but his wife just died - is it for real? How many have died - either as Bill Barlow or Ken Roach? He needs investigating.

I should write about it but it is too cruel.

In fact I have a role for Janice - she could play Jade Goody in her life story. Again too cruel.

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum