This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Do you whore yourself for eyeballs?

[This topic is LOCKED]

2 Pages - « 1 [2]
AuthorMessage
Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 7 Jan 07 14:18 - Edited By: Jalapenoman, 7 Jan 07 14:19
Not Venus, Mr. Prez.....the planet with the severe gas build up was Uranus ....(or was that just your head with the severe gas build up?). I sometimes wonder with the amount of gas in your ears, why you just don't float away like a balloon, then I guess it's probably your conscience weighing you down.

Actually, I think it goes back to that old political doctrine of " plausible deniability. " It worked for the wmds, why won't it work for global warming?

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
President Bush
This user is offline Texican Dude

Forum Profile
Posted: 7 Jan 07 14:32 - Edited By: President Bush, 7 Jan 07 14:34

Quote: Jalapenoman

Not Venus, Mr. Prez.....the planet with the severe gas build up was Uranus ....(or was that just your head with the severe gas build up?). I sometimes wonder with the amount of gas in your ears, why you just don't float away like a balloon, then I guess it's probably your conscience weighing you down.

Actually, I think it goes back to that old political doctrine of " plausible deniability. " It worked for the wmds, why won't it work for global warming?

I thought, with the new DEMO congress folks MIGHT cut their president some slack, stop HATE'n your Prez.

apparently not according to Mr Peno.
WHAT .. WHAT did I do wrong these past 8 years WAIT .. don't answer that .. let me re-phrase the question. Once Laura gets back from Church. I'm a church go-er you know.
I send Laura as my proxie.

King David
This user is offline The King
King David

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 7 Jan 07 15:30
Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen, "News from the Spoof." Looks like global warming may be a reality.

Join us next week when our guests will be natural gas expert, John Negraponte, former Texas state Agriculture Commisioner, Jim Hightower and yoga guru, Gumby.

Laugh at your problems. Everyone else is.
King David
King David

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 7 Jan 07 16:05
Nice work, Filbert, on the "Fat, ugly, disgusting, stupid, degenerate, losers protest Donald Trump" story. Now you're getting your hands dirty!

King

President Bush
This user is offline Texican Dude

Forum Profile
Posted: 7 Jan 07 16:28 - Edited By: President Bush, 7 Jan 07 16:32

Quote: King David

Nice work, Filbert, on the "Fat, ugly, disgusting, stupid, degenerate, losers protest Donald Trump" story. Now you're getting your hands dirty!
King

I couldn't 6 star him on that one coz there's no SIX star button so I had to go with 5.

Somebody's lowballing these stories when they come out it seems. When I got there that one was sitting at 2.5 stars. You need to go work for the Onion Mr Filbert .. good un there that story. The morale is I guess, don't let the ratings dictate how good you feel about yourself or your story because ratings mean squaT. You made my day with that one.

King David
King David

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 7 Jan 07 21:15
**** I have him a "5" just for doing something else! Damned good job Filbert!

Willis Rodney
This user is offline Writer

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 9 Jan 07 05:12
I gave up on the Britney Spears articles when it was clear that my other better-written articles were getting not 1/10 as many hits as BS.

First I thought it was funny, then it was just depressing. Finally I resorted to publishing a teaser Britney Spears headliner that in fact accused people of going to hell for looking up Britney Spears privates during the Christmas season when they should be thankful to Jesus Christ who died on the cross.

Wahh... that's already gotten close to 29,000 hits. Oh the depravity!

In case you don't know which one it is
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i12819

Buck E Filbert
Buck E Filbert

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 10 Jan 07 05:48 - Edited By: Buck E Filbert, 10 Jan 07 05:54
Global warming, we're doomed.

Glad ya all enjoyed the "Fat, ugly, disgusting, stupid, degenerate, losers, piece. I thought them eloping was an interesting spin also.

Out of 57 articles I've done, I think 7 are Britney Spears inspired. It's just that when I try to complete my thought and close it out something happens that's irresistable. I'm sick of her vagina too.

Don't you think the eyeballs that come into the Spoof for
Britney also trickle into a broader readership just because of the (excuse me) exposure?

It seems like people not aware of this site are finding it because of some splashy exploitation pieces that grab their attention.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

BEF

spoofing is futile
Jalapenoman
This user is offline Spicy Hombre
Jalapenoman

Forum Profile
Posted: 11 Jan 07 03:08
Many of my stories get only a couple of hundred hits and then are never seen again (after falling out of rotation). If I include the name Britney or Paris, I am guaranteed at least 1000 hits on that story within the first three days.

Most of my best stuff is never seen, unless it is by people who are originally brought here to read the latest Britney style headline.

Because it brings them in, I try to write one splashy/timely thing that I know will bring people here for every two other stories (that I usually think are better and have more fun writting).

Being raised by an Italian mother on the Mexican border made me realize that entrees are not edible without jalapenos, onions, green chilis, or garlic. Hence, I am the J-man.
Buck E Filbert
Buck E Filbert

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 11 Jan 07 04:11 - Edited By: Buck E Filbert, 11 Jan 07 04:18
I think my most "out of the box" story was Political Jabberwocky" with a whopping 225 views as opposed to Britney
Spears vagina is #1 35,000 and still going strong.
I think the only reason I have 225 on Jabberwocky is because
of the 35,000.

I'm new at this and could be wrong but I don't think so.

I was watching the Peoples Choice Awards last night and there were three references to no underware and I only watched the first 30 minutes. It's hard to not comment on the impact a vagina has had on popular culture.

Hally Berry, Robin Williams and Jennifer Aniston all had no underware comments. if it's good enough for their network television writers who am I to think myself superior?

BEF

spoofing is futile
Chris Hanson

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 12 Jan 07 03:49
I would never stoop to sensationalism to draw readers. Never, ever. Chris Hanson

Buck E Filbert
Buck E Filbert

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 12 Jan 07 05:32
And my name is Mary Poppins

bef

spoofing is futile

2 Pages - « 1 [2]
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum