This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Scotland Independence

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
CaptainSausage
This user is offline Writer

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 5 Dec 13 01:21
As I lie down to bed, moved by the quantity of alcohol in my system, I often wonder how Scotland would cope if given control of its own alcohol laws. "Responsibly", they say, like any alcy will, but who knows what will happen?

"Imagine...imagine Jimmy Krankie on the £10 banknote," he says. "And how about The Proclaimers on the £500!"

It is too late. They will already have the vote, by next September. Jocks of all types, from the hard-working but unemployed shipyard worker, to the hard-working but unemployed Oor Wullie cartoonist, to the hard-working but unemployed Sean Connery.

If they have the choice to break away, who would agree to a yes? Probably many Scots!

But what do our readers think?? Why not send in a line from your local area and let us know your point of view. It surely is the best chance you have to influence the Scottish vote.

Jean Le Fete
This user is offline Deanalope
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 5 Dec 13 02:00
The great state of Indiana votes YES for Scotland Independence!

It's not that I can't help these people it's just, I don't want to. - Tom Hanks - Volunteers
IainB
This user is offline Gentle with me
IainB

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 5 Dec 13 23:12
Why should the Scots vote, and not the English? It affects us too. It's like a divorce. Two parties involved.

It's not like Scotland can accuse England of country-beating, oh. Ok, they can, but it's not like they've been browbeaten, is it? They have? Oh dear. Well, we give them a bit of pin money, and don't insist they were a skirt all the time. They can't possibly want a divorce. Who's going to get custody of Wales and little Northern Island? Can we keep Orkney? I don't think they've thought this through! It's a knee jerk reaction.

Vote no! I don't like change*

Debbie

*Ironically.

If 42 is the answer, the question is if 24 looks in the mirror, who does she see?
CaptainSausage
This user is offline Writer

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 6 Dec 13 01:16

Quote: IainB

Why should the Scots vote, and not the English? It affects us too. It's like a divorce. Two parties involved.

That's like saying the Brits should have had a vote when the Americans declared independence. Ok, not exactly the same, but the point still stands. The country being broken away from doesn't get any say in the matter. Them's the rules.

PS. Am drunk again. Did I mention I was Scottish

Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 6 Dec 13 03:19
Yes I'd have to say we didn't really wait for a vote with the Brits in 1776. We just eloped with the Indians and gave them the clap and other wonderful diseases that we shared generously.

It's not that I can't help these people it's just, I don't want to. - Tom Hanks - Volunteers
IainB
This user is offline Gentle with me
IainB

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 6 Dec 13 07:49
The American divorce was very bitter. Not like our divorce with Australia, where we agreed to share the Queen and let them keep our language and sports.

Debbie

If 42 is the answer, the question is if 24 looks in the mirror, who does she see?
Jean Le Fete
Jean Le Fete

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 6 Dec 13 11:12
True! We didn't even keep the language!

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum