This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / One-Thumb tosser

[This topic is LOCKED]

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
AuthorMessage
queen mudder
This user is offline Spoof Queen
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 22 Jan 13 13:14
Thanks for all that dedication to 1-thumbing spoofs. Hope it's brightened your sad existence.

Gravity is a myth, the earth sux?
Jaggedone
This user is offline Warning: Sharp edges
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 22 Jan 13 16:26
I'm being plagued too, but I have a good idea who's behind it.

Will this place ever return to just being a fun-house?

Monkey nutter...
queen mudder
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 22 Jan 13 16:46
Depends...

Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 22 Jan 13 17:11
We're working on it...

Monkey nutter...
Monkey Woods
This user is offline Dirty Ape
Monkey Woods

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 23 Jan 13 13:22
I sincerely hope the guilty person starts on me next. I'll get more points that way!

Love,

M

To have ambitions, was my ambition
Hydrogen Balloon
This user is offline Writer
Hydrogen Balloon

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 25 Jan 13 14:13
that one-thumb clown also hit some of my stories last week--it raised my standings in the Top 20 by five places!

Life is beautiful. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that is troublesome...

Isaac Asimov
Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 25 Jan 13 18:13
it works both ways HB. I've just posted a new spoof and before the damn thing is even published he's been at it; SICKO!!!

My WAN KIN DIK will sort the bastard out!

Monkey nutter...
Francois Dubois, S.J.
Francois Dubois, S.J.

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 25 Jan 13 18:52
Sort what out, exactly? Maybe the reader didn't like your stories. I used to get one thumbed a lot; so what?

And as for making this a fun place again, that is simple enough: write funny stuff again.

"And the lowly dogs licked Gaztopimus clean as he slept."
From the Lost Gospels of the SSHites: Chapter 6, verse 48
Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 25 Jan 13 19:00
will do...

Monkey nutter...
Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 25 Jan 13 19:05 - Edited By: Jaggedone, 25 Jan 13 19:06
FJ, if I don't particularly like someones efforts, out of respect for the writer, I would never rate it. We all have different tastes and one man's meat is another mans crap. But everybody who participates here and writes deserves one thing; respect from their colleagues.

What the punters think is a different matter.

IMHO

Monkey nutter...
Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 26 Jan 13 07:23 - Edited By: Skoob1999, 26 Jan 13 07:53
Respect from their colleagues eh? I don't see that. Not on any level. All I see is vindictiveness.

It wasn't me by the way. May I add that I don't know who it was. Nor do I particularly care.

It's funny - I was having a nostalgic look through the forum entries a couple of nights ago. One thing which kept the forum going was spirited debate, and when that dies so does everything else.

I really don't understand all this whining about times gone by, one star bandits, lack of activity, blah blah blah ad nauseum.

I also fail to comprehend how anyone can ever be remotely surprised that when they want everything their own way, and they achieve that - they then go on to lament a lack of lively discussion?

The people who kept this forum buoyant have drifted off into the ether. That's just the way it is. Get over it and get on with it.

JO - not being personal, but you were complaining about a lack of forum input as long ago as 2009. Yet all you ever did for the most part was add superfluous and quite frankly worthless one line comments in pidgin German which nobody ever understood anyway.

Or acronyms where you couldn't even follow the basic rules.

At one point, had somebody asked me if the Acronym thread represented the general mentality of this site, I'd have said that "it's just a bit of fun." And been slightly embarassed.

When the validity of this as a site 'lead in' was questioned, it turned into world war three.

You wanted rid of me - as did others - you have that.

The point being that the loss you're continually banging on about is largely due to your own attitude. It really is not my problem that nobody chooses to respond to your thought provoking and deeply analytical observations.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 26 Jan 13 08:10 - Edited By: Skoob1999, 26 Jan 13 08:12
In closing

Sometimes people get one starred/thumbed.

It usually depends on the subject matter. Or maybe the readership just thought the article was crap.

It's just one of the hazards of putting things out for public consumption. You tend to...erm...get a reaction from the public...

Unless of course you disable comments.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 26 Jan 13 16:20 - Edited By: Jaggedone, 26 Jan 13 16:21
God, I've heard this record so many times I'm beginning to believe it is really stuck.

I really cannot believe how someone can keep on and on and on and on and on about nothing.

Which again proves the point of the majority of nice people who once were here; incredible.

I purposely removed myself from the crap that was flying across these forums along with others. I thought I would come back after a long break and feebly attempt to get people interested in participating once again by entering some fun stuff. It lasted maybe two weeks week and suddenly the same old song that destroyed the whole ethos of the place has returned like a piece of cancer that cannot be removed.

I swore if those who killed this place raised their ugly heads again I would never, ever return and that has happened, sadly.

I have better things to do; my attempt to have some fun once more here miserably failed and now it has returned to being what you and others turned it into; a cess pit of insults and personal attacks.

I admit to failure and now get on with it: RIP!!!

Monkey nutter...
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 26 Jan 13 16:48
Get on with what? I've posted maybe three comments here in a month, and I haven't submitted anything for a while either.

The point is, my friend, that I no longer have the enthusism for posting silly stories and getting wrapped up in inane arguments with a bunch of narcissistic points junkies.

I've moved on and am doing other things. I doubt very much that I'll have the time or the inclination to return. You've got what you strived for - you got rid of the 'gang.'

Did it ever occur to you that the reason people aren't responding to you is that perhaps you don't really have anything worthwhile to say?

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
queen mudder
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 3 Feb 13 19:33 - Edited By: queen mudder, 4 Feb 13 10:56
THANKS for the 1-thumb, Clive Danton; hope it's not wearing out your fingers.

Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 4 Feb 13 06:58
WHAT'S ALL THIS SHOUTING?.........etc.

Awwwww come on QM, dont be like that. Twas just a little cockney mischief, born from the somewhat "Disgusted Of Mayfair" aspect of this rather fraught little thread, and in truth I genuinely didn't think that the stricken spoof concerned met with your usual excellent satirical standards. Just look upon my somewhat harsh critique as a spur, a benign and friendly nudge that will enthuse you and drive you to reach your former lofty comedic heights.

I'm a giver at the end of the day Queenie. A giver!

As a very wise man once remarked "Don't judge me lest ye be judged" and as another man, perhaps not quite so wise, also declared......THAT'S MY FINAL WORD ON THIS ONE!

Cliveypops Dee
Head Of Racial Intolerance
Satire Safe House
Dorking.

PS. I'm not the one-thumb tosser whom you seek with such ardent diligence, so I'm afraid your noble quest, rather sadly, must continue. Good luck

THE SATIRIST'S SAFE HOUSE.....IT AINT HALF SSHITE MUM
Francois Dubois, S.J.
Francois Dubois, S.J.

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 4 Feb 13 12:20
Clivey... did you one-thumb QM in black-face? Cuz that would be bad.

"And the lowly dogs licked Gaztopimus clean as he slept."
From the Lost Gospels of the SSHites: Chapter 6, verse 48
hogwart pigmole
This user is offline Deleted

Forum Profile
Posted: 4 Feb 13 13:44

Quote: Clive Danton

WHAT'S ALL THIS SHOUTING?.........etc.

Awwwww come on QM, dont be like that. Twas just a little cockney mischief, born from the somewhat "Disgusted Of Mayfair" aspect of this rather fraught little thread, and in truth I genuinely didn't think that the stricken spoof concerned met with your usual excellent satirical standards. Just look upon my somewhat harsh critique as a spur, a benign and friendly nudge that will enthuse you and drive you to reach your former lofty comedic heights.

I'm a giver at the end of the day Queenie. A giver!

As a very wise man once remarked "Don't judge me lest ye be judged" and as another man, perhaps not quite so wise, also declared......THAT'S MY FINAL WORD ON THIS ONE!

Cliveypops Dee
Head Of Racial Intolerance
Satire Safe House
Dorking.

PS. I'm not the one-thumb tosser whom you seek with such ardent diligence, so I'm afraid your noble quest, rather sadly, must continue. Good luck

Wow, that is great comedy. I have hit Muddy with a load of single thumbs after reading this thread. Your spoofs are mediocre to say the least. If you hadn't started this thread it would never have happened. And you put it where anybody can read it. Reap what you sow. I'm not saying all the best because it would be a lie. Now get back to your 6K PLUS waste of life.........

queen mudder
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 4 Feb 13 13:59

Quote: hogwart pigmole

Wow, that is great comedy. I have hit Muddy with a load of single thumbs after reading this thread. Your spoofs are mediocre to say the least. If you hadn't started this thread it would never have happened. And you put it where anybody can read it. Reap what you sow. I'm not saying all the best because it would be a lie. Now get back to your 6K PLUS waste of life.........

So, only been here 24 hours and already abusing Spoof writers with your hogwash, eh?

You need to check the website's rules about not 1-thumb bombing other writers' spoofs.

It's one of the top reasons trolls get banned.

hogwart pigmole
This user is offline Deleted

Forum Profile
Posted: 4 Feb 13 16:18
Read my poem..... the first letter of each line, which got knacked up by the advert slightly.

Thick as pigshit springs to mind.....

I will be causing mayhem on a grand scale if all the spoofs and previous accounts under the name of Chris James are not deleted.

You can ban this.... you can ban this internet connection... it's not mine... I never spoofed from my home. I hack others.

I will get approx 50 people to make accounts and also attack the site. Then you will cry.

Now get my Chris James account fully deleted ........... ALL SPOOFS,,, as I cant....

GET IT SORTED OR FUBAR IS THE GAME

queen mudder
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 4 Feb 13 16:28
I expect you'll be getting your comeuppance when our Editor logs on, Hogwash.

And don't try threatening to disrupt the site, it could get you into very serious trouble indeed.

Deafo

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 5 Feb 13 17:37
anyone complaining about people giving one stars needs their head examined.

if no-one - according to QM - should leave one star as it breaks the rules, then why is teh option for one star there?

get over it, if someone thinks its shit, they one star it.

if some thinkgs its great they five star it

thats how it works.

queen mudder
queen mudder

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 5 Feb 13 20:45
This site has gone through a lot of phases where trolls and/or disgruntled ex-writers 1-thumb bombed it on a daily basis.

It's a kind of recreational sport for online losers, some people are really dedicated to it.

The name Lady Godiva comes to mind. Anyone who ever had any dealings with her will know what I mean.

Yesterday her close ex-chum 'Chris James' threw a wobbly on this site about f-knows what crap.

Glad to say Mark has dealt with this psycho who'd logged on under several IDs to boast about how many stories he'd just 1-thumbed to show his contempt for this site.

Some muvvers do ave em.

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 5 Feb 13 20:59
I used to chase people like that off, but I kept getting my legs smacked for doing so.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 6 Feb 13 04:58 - Edited By: Skoob1999, 6 Feb 13 05:06
I've had enough of this crap.

Weren't you the one who unleashed that person on that site and said that you did it because you got more leeway there than here?

Sorry, but it's time to bite the bullet.

This is addressed to the Quoon Mudderf...

So...tell me this...

You once informed me - in spite of evidence to the contrary that internet abuse is okay.

I can live with that.

What I find sort of difficult to resolve is when it gets personal.

And by God it got personal - nothing from you by way of reaction or support. Just nothing. One way or the other. You were well aware that there were some potentially damaging things going on, yet you never denounced any of it. Rather, you revelled in it. Just my opinion.

It really gets my goat that some of us did our best to make things work here.

You conducted a personal vendetta which was so far off base it was patently ridiculous.

You want me to go on, and completely take you to the cleaners? That would be too easy.

Now, do I carry on? Or do I shut up?

The point is that the people who are actively destroying this site and all it ever stood for are the points hounds.

AND THAT'S MY FINAL WORD ON THIS!

RIP

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum