This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Overly Effusive Football Chants

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Clive Danton
This user is offline Writer
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 2 Dec 12 15:23
Here's one I heard earlier.....

"And it's MK Dons......MK Dons FC! You're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen!"

So that's that settled then.

Next!

Is this the right forum for a forum?
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 2 Dec 12 15:38 - Edited By: Simon Saunders, 2 Dec 12 16:42
I remember us Leicester fans singing the same thing, obviously the MK Dons bit was replaced with Leicester City, when we escaped relegation to the old third division in 1991 after trouncing the mighty Oxford United on the last day of the season.

Imagine that, the best team in the world narrowly avoiding relegation to the third tier of English football.

Another chant I remember was, "Martin give us a wave, Martin, Martin give us a wave."

There was me thinking twenty thousand Foxes fans were asking Martin O'Neill to give them away. I recollect thinking, "how can he give all these blokes away? He doesn't have time to attend Saturday afternoon weddings what with him being a football manager. There's gonna be a lot of disappointed City fans."

There's at least two reasons why my thoughts were plonkerish. The obvious misunderstanding regarding the chant and who ever heard of a man being given away?!

Silly me.

Simon

PS. Clive, give us away, Clivey, Clivey give us away.

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 2 Dec 12 16:09
^^^^^^^^ Fine example of over effusiveness in The Midlands from the son of Finbar there.

On away trips we used to sing in our customary friendly East London manner:

"West 'am boys we are 'ere wo-oh, wo-oh. West 'am boys we are 'ere, **** your women and drink your beer. Wooooooooo-ooooooh

Unfortunately we were usually penned into some piss and Bovril scented enclosure surrounded by a heavy police presence and snarling Alsations and didn't really manage to succeed in either endeavour.

Is this the right forum for a forum?
churchmouse
churchmouse

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 2 Dec 12 16:50

Chelmsford City supporters used to chant "Wheel them in' when the team of asthmatic, partially sighted, out of condition kitchen fitters and van drivers that made up their squad stumbled onto the pitch.

This was thought to be due to the club's motif, which was a wheelbarrow.

However, and remember that this was all 30 years ago; The supporters also used to chant 'Wheel them in' when the spectators confined to wheelchairs were wheeled out to the touchline in order that they could better watch the all-conquering 'City' trounce Green Lane Paperboys, or whoever it was that they were playing that week.

The standard of play was so high in the Ryman 2nd division (South), that the ground ended up being sold off and turned into a supermarket and I'm not sure if the club still exists. No doubt this was all arraigned by a worried Sir Matt Busby or someone of that ilk.

And as the baby rabbit of hope emerges into the soft sunlight of happiness to be confronted with the double barrels of reality
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 2 Dec 12 16:51
"Ere we is a shoutin for thoy team, oh ow we plays is be far the bested in the bit of the world we knows about cos rest of world aint bin a discovered yet"

Londinium Wonderers A.D. 456

Sewege pit end.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum