This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Waiting

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
armfeetandtoe
This user is offline Writer
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 17 Oct 12 20:47
Yes, it is a strange thing we humans do. Ever seen a queue of dogs waiting to use a lamp post? Or, a parliment of Blackbirds standing around waiting for a bit of nosh. I know I have not, is it just us humans?

Thought I would ask.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 22 Oct 12 21:59
"Your right Arm, it is just you that waits. Or is it because you are a wanker and no one likes you on here?"

"Well, I do admit to a bit of onanism in the past, but I hardly think that warrents me being labeled a wanker".

"So..........."

IainB
This user is offline Gentle with me
IainB

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 22 Oct 12 22:45
Crows wait. Very patient are crows.

Dogs wait. At least they do if it's my turn to feed them.

When humans wait, it's on a table...

Debbie

If 42 is the answer, the question is if 24 looks in the mirror, who does she see?
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 22 Oct 12 23:15
Debbie is right about crows.

Also, I witnessed a crow patiently unwrapping a discarded McDonalds burger in my street. Rather than grab the wrapper with it's crafty beak and lift off a couple of feet in the air thus allowing the burger to drop from the wrapper and onto the pavement, it took a corner of the wrapper in it's beak, pulled it back while carefully standing on the other side of the burger and then repeated the action until the burger was visible to it's beady little eyes and undamaged.

It then promptly scoffed the burger and crapped on my neighbours car as it flew off. True story.

Waiting......hmmmm.

What annoys me greatly is people who push in while queueing. It seems to happen a lot at bus stops. I'm waiting in the queue, normally slightly agitated 'cos the bus is late, and when the bus arrives you almost get trampled to death by the hoardes of incredibly rude and impatient people who seem to think they have the right to shove their way onto the bus in front of others who have waited patiently in front of them. I've seen frail old women virtually pushed aside by these people, who obviously think they are vastly more important and have incredible things to do in their lives.

Why do they do it? The bus is still going to take the same amount of time to get to their destination. Is it so they can ensure they get a seat all to themselves so they can then bellow into their bloody mobile phones while gesticulating without someone next to them getting in the way? Or are they just rude selfish people with no manners?

I pride myself on my manners. I wish others would.

Sometimes waiting shows good manners.

My apologies. This appears to have turned into a bit of a rant. I'd better have a lie down.

Simon

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
radiogagger
radiogagger

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 23 Oct 12 02:53
I waited before replying to this thread.
I feel the conversation Arm had with himself will go down in history as one of the best EVER in the spoof forums history.
I'm glad I did my bit.

R'DOG
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything'
T Harv Eker
Ellie James
This user is offline Moderator
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 23 Oct 12 03:05
I waited for Castle to air tonight, but then realized that the debates were on instead. I'll be waiting another week.

Ellie

Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.
radiogagger
radiogagger

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 23 Oct 12 03:30 - Edited By: radiogagger, 23 Oct 12 03:31

Quote: Ellie James

I waited for Castle to air tonight, but then realized that the debates were on instead. I'll be waiting another week.

Ellie

The president mentioned you. Something about class sizes. Despite making notes (or possibly because of) I missed how that was relevant to foreign policy.

R'DOG

'How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything'
T Harv Eker
Ellie James
This user is offline Moderator
Ellie James

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 23 Oct 12 04:07
Yeah....they touched briefly on education. I had to leave the room then, but all I heard was Romney said that he loved teachers. Then I thought, "Great...he loved Big Bird, too."

Education should be a part of foreign policy though according to this article, which makes sense:
Why Education Should be Part of Foreign Policy Debate

But anyway, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch all the pundits talk about the debate and what they said about education because I had to take my dog to have a crap. I waited then too.

Seems like I wait for a lot of crap!

Ellie

Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 23 Oct 12 17:43
"Can you hear voices Arm"?

"No, I'm just waiting"

"For what"?

"The singing to stop"

"Its that lot from the Spoof"

"Well thats ruined my moment of madness"

"Bastards, Lets go down the cafe"

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 23 Oct 12 17:47
I'm waiting to watch United v Braga in the CL. Been up since 5 this morning, and feeling a bit cream crackered, but once the match starts, I'll be waiting for bedtime.

ZZzzzzzzzz......lovely.....

Regardzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hup! Sorry....

Skoob

RIP

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum