This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Jimmy Savile

[This topic is LOCKED]

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
AuthorMessage
Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 6 Oct 12 14:44
Just wondered what my fellow Spoofers think of all this.

I heard these rumours years ago, and the only shocking revelation as far as I'm concerned is that so many people appeared to be unaware of what was allegedly going on at the BBC back then.

What has emerged is consistent with what I heard all those years ago, and if the rest of it comes out, there will be others in the frame. Quite a few of them.

Not asking anyone to name names, but I'd be curious to know what others think, and if any of you found it surprising.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Simon Saunders
This user is offline Writer
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 6 Oct 12 15:43 - Edited By: Simon Saunders, 6 Oct 12 15:51
Skoob,

If there was a culture of abuse at the Beeb it is hardly surprising that the abusers protected each other. It seems that that is the way child abusers operate. Hearing Saviles comments about Gary Glitter is a case in point.

It seems that many at the Beeb heard constant rumours but didn't have the balls to do something about it.

I heard Janet Street-Porter on Question Time say that she had heard the rumours but didn't tell anyone higher up about it because she claims they wouldn't have believed her.

For me, that's no excuse. As a grown woman she had a responsibility to speak at the time. She also said she was abused as a six year old and when she told her mum she got a slap. You'd have thought that given what happened to her she would've known how difficult it is for children who are abused to come forward and would've done something.

Same goes for others at the Beeb who knew.

The whole thing is disgusting and a seems a little bit similar to the Catholic church scandal bit on a smaller scale.

Simon

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 6 Oct 12 17:10
Skoob my old mate, when I had the chauffeure car, I did work for the Beeb out of White City. This would be back in the 90s. I have to say, some of those drunken conversations people had in the back of my car did make me wonder. My pal, who got me the work, said the place was known for the underage girl groupie thing. Some years ago, a well know DJ was convicted. He stated that if he went to prison for more than a year, he would spill the beans about the Beeb and name names concerning a child sex ring. He got 6 months and was told in no uncertain terms, that if he sullied the name of the BBC he would disappear. This sex ring thing goes back to the 60s where well know celebs had the run of the "Chicken Farm". They may well live to regret what they did all those years go. Saville was a gangster and a bully.
How else do you get £43m out of business people. Fear will keep people quiet, long enough for you to change history. Saville did not live long enough. Shame on him, the people that covered up for him, and for the people that are trying to protect the "good" name of the Beeb. I hope they all get served up in one way or another.

Arm

You aint seen me.....right
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 6 Oct 12 20:01
With you all the way on that Arm.

What I heard was that the girls who formed the audiences at recordings of TOTP got star billing - ie: Standing by the DJ's as the cameras rolled, or dancing at the front of the stage - in return for certain 'favours.'

Over the years, I thought everybody had been aware of this, but judging by the reaction to recent 'revelations' it seems not.

I think there's a hell of a lot more to emerge on this, and that a number of people will be getting a bit 'twitchy.'

All of which begs another question, and it goes some way towards explaining why this never came out when the creep was alive, that being that even in this day and age, you can't just go around making allegations against people. Why? Because they'll sue. The Jackson family would sue anyone over the slightest slur on their name.

There was an interesting piece on a website I read today by a reporter, which essentially said that the reason for the silence was that they'd have been accused of muckraking. Especially when an iconic figure is involved. Because they didn't report the rumours, they are still vilified.

It's a lose/lose situation for an honest journalist. I know they're a rarity (Honest journalists) but there are some around.

Some revealing stuff out there today on this subject - like the Louis Theroux doc. All of this is something I wouldn't personally use in pursuit of a cheap laugh. I just hope some of those affected finally get some closure.

There's a lot more waiting in the wings I suspect. I'm glad it's all come out. I honestly believed in my naivety that everyone was aware of this, but just didn't bother making a fuss about it because at the time, nobody seemed to mind.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 6 Oct 12 20:51
I agree with you Skoob. And have we not, as children, been in awe of a celeb when we met them? I know I was. Saville was well conected in the House of Lords, Commons and on the Square, he held court to some very powerful people. If he had made a threat to me as a young man, I would have believed every word he said, and kept silent. People are asking why these women are coming forward now. It takes courage and with the trigger man gone, feel empowered, like a weight has been lifted. They must have suffered regret, shame, hurt, all sorts of emotions over the years. Imagine seeing your attacker time and time again and being bound by fear. What a dispicable thing to do to another human being.

All the best

Arm xxxxxxxxxx

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 6 Oct 12 21:20
What really stings is that a young girl who was photographed next to Savile on TOTP committed suicide. The kid left a diary, detailing sexual abuse by a number of household names.

It was dismissed by the police at the time as a 'teenage fantasy.'

I hope some of the bastards involved sleep soundly tonight.

It's high time the shit really hit the fan.

Skoob.

RIP
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 6 Oct 12 23:36 - Edited By: armfeetandtoe, 6 Oct 12 23:37
That was a revelation mate! What I do not get, is the way Saville defended Glitter. What sort of message was he sending out? And why was it not jumped upon by the press?

I hope, that every woman that man molested, gets to purge thier souls in a court of law, and the people that knew this was, and no doubt, is still going on, have to answer for thier deeds. Skoob mate, I was one of the "Chaps" for many years, the most abhorent crimes, for us, were the ones that involved children and women.

"But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and be drowned in the depth of the sea". Mathew 18:6.

Just sayin mate

All the best

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sidney Bollocks
Sidney Bollocks

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 7 Oct 12 07:01

All of a sudden Jim'll Fix It takes on a whole new meaning.

Tommy Twinkle

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 7 Oct 12 11:58
The photograph of Sa-vile at the Haute de la Garenne school was what got my attention. Operation Ore - a 'D' notice issued by a former PM. Why would anyone want to protect the names of those involved in such things?

People open themselves up to blackmail - if this can of worms involves politicians it could have a bearing on why this country was taken to an arguably illegal war with Iraq.

Perhaps it's time people stopped sniggering at people such as David Ike and started to do some real listening. This could be a very very deep can of worms indeed!

Sidney Bollocks
Sidney Bollocks

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 7 Oct 12 12:59

Jimmy Savile, David Icke, Operation Ore, the Iraq War?

I was trying to come to terms with John Peel being a kiddy fiddler. He was one of my radio idols.

I have to say, TV has never been a big thing for me. As a result, most of the celebrity stuff is completely lost on me. Of course, I remember Jimmy Savile from my childhood, but all of this current stuff is news to me.

By the way, who the fuck are Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez?

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 7 Oct 12 14:09
I once had to listen to a paedophile for hours on end. At the time, it was part of my job. I couldn't be judgemental on a professional level, but inside I was seething.

I still see that person. He never acknowledges me, or looks me directly in the eye. As someone who's always endeavoured to be a responsible parent and grandparent, maybe I take it personally. I know I shouldn't, but it makes me angry.

I'm not so sure that David Icke has anything valid to contribute to anything. Although maybe he does have a point about 'Reptile People' who live in caves.

Just musin'

Skoob.

RIP
Tommy Twinkle

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 7 Oct 12 14:40
'I'm not so sure that David Icke has anything valid to contribute to anything. Although maybe he does have a point about 'Reptile People' who live in caves.'

The reptile thing is misunderstood, though not entirely. It can be a form of possession - you may pooh-pooh that. Fine.
I didn't witness reptiles in 1969 but I did witness events leaving me in no doubt at all that there be unseen forces around us. I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes and I can understand those who prefer 'not to go there'. But some have 'gone there' and having gone there their actions can then affect the lives of us all, especially if they're in positions of high government office.

David Icke doesn't ONLY speak of reptiles. I've never heard him refer to 'Reptile People who live in caves'. Have you?

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 7 Oct 12 14:55
I'm not pooh-poohing anything Tommy. Honestly. I just seem to have some recollection of a series of lectures he gave at Brixton Academy. He definitely mentioned reptile people living in caves. Or it could have been lizard people who live in tunnels in South America and rule the world.

What I think isn't important. I'm just surprised that people were surprised by the Sa-vile (Nice touch, that.) revelations.

Kindest

Skoob.

RIP
Les Being
Les Being

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 7 Oct 12 16:31
All I know is that his mate Garry Glitter deeply regrets taking his computer to PC World, he should have got Jim to fix it for him.

Life sucks, then you die
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 7 Oct 12 17:01
5*****

Brilliant Les!

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 7 Oct 12 20:50
Good thread this with some excellent, well presented, intelligent thinking for the most part.

Sadly I'm going to lower the bar a little by stating quite categorically that IMHO anyone found guilty of a sex crime of any description against a woman or a child should be cuffed with their hands behind their back, dragged out into the street and shot in the back of the neck before being left to die like a dog.

Carry on.

THE SATIRIST'S SAFE HOUSE.....IT AINT HALF SSHITE MUM
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 7 Oct 12 22:43 - Edited By: Skoob1999, 8 Oct 12 09:11
Clivey,

Sorry to disappoint you mate, but that isn't really lowering the bar. Where I come from, we call it straight talking, or shooting from the hip.

That kid who committed suicide was around the same age as my eldest granddaughter. The little girl who disappeared in Wales, April - same age as another precious grandchild.

It's bad enough that people even have the capacity to do such things.

Let alone, conspire to pretend that it never happened.

Sorry, but like I said already - I can't abide such things, and if I had my way...well...let's not go there ..

Mind you, as in the Maddy McCann case - I expect that some people out there think there's a funny angle.

They're sick.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 8 Oct 12 18:49
I know this may sound twatish, but I would put them all on an island, with nothing but a single food parcel once a month. And then sit back and watch the arseholes kick the shit of each other. No medical care, no nothing.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Oct 12 22:46
The plot thickens on this one.

"They were just rumours..."

Riiiiight...

Skoob.

RIP
Francois Dubois, S.J.
Francois Dubois, S.J.

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Oct 12 22:14
I must have read 20 spoofs on JS in approval. Then I googled the guy and read everything I could get. Next I put him into a search engine at work and read all of that. If everything I've read about him is true, he was worse than pond scum.

Now, I also read your lizard man stuff (above), and fed it into the search engine at work (a state law enforcement engine). I found, believe it or not, references linking Saville to the Free Masons, the friggin Illuminati, reptile-like alien beings hidden for centuries by both, and a shit load more totally off the wall stuff.

Are you guys telling me that there is a basis for this off-the-wall stuff?

British scandals are meat and potatoes for your broad sheets. I remember when Christine Keeler brought down John Profumo and Harold MacMillan's government, and how that scandal was hidden all the way up through the BBC to Buckingham Palace. Looks to me like nothing much has changed.

I gotta tell you, a government run press has obvious draw backs--not that the US press is anything to brag about anymore.

You Brits have it all over us colonials when it comes to cover-ups. All we can boast of is Richard Nixon, and the current Zumba scandal that has a bunch of Kennebunk guys in real hot water.

It interests me, this stuff, and it has opened my eyes to some wacky stuff.

Thanks.

"And the lowly dogs licked Gaztopimus clean as he slept."
From the Lost Gospels of the SSHites: Chapter 6, verse 48
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 17 Oct 12 00:07
Frankie, despite me getting pissed at you and Skoob, two things remain. First of all, I have the up most respect for Skoob, who is one of the worlds best unrecognised comedians. Second, Knowing that over the pond, there is a man that has enough talent to fill the River Thames until it floods London and the home counties. But. If we are to talk about child killers and molesters, the United States Of America wins the gold medal. Now, that may seem like an insult, and it is not. But the reality is, if we here had the same crime rate, county for county, the economy would stall because we would be hunting the savage bastards to the detrement to our inferstructure.

Just saying mate

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Oct 12 00:53
Can't see why you're pissed off mate. Seems to me that we're all singing from the same hymnn sheet.

And Frankie - just for information - you got it wrong sbout the British press. Every newspaper is a private enterprise. They tend to have political affiliations in much the same way that Fox News and others do The BBC is state funded, but in its basic code of practice has always been for free editorial control. It is far from being a propoganda machine. (Despite complaints from the right that it leans too far to the left, and vice versa when it suits people with vested political interests.)

Although some people would - as is their right - dispute that.

The Savile case will be thoroughly investigated.

Albeit decades too late.

Anyone who covered anything up should be made to pay. And I'm reasonably certain that we all hope they are.

By the same token - what's been going on for decades in the Catholic Church needs to be exposed, and justice needs to be served.

As a Catholic myself, I don't hesitate to demand this. What I will say, is that as this was going on among Catholics...it's never happened among any other religious group?

These freaks know no boundaries - whether it's an internationally renowned media outlet, or one of the world's leading religions.

This problem needs resolving across the board. And I'm sure we all hope it is.

I could probably have argued my point a little better, but it's late, I'm tired, and I've had a very unpleasant last few days.

Just don't interpret this as a taking a pop at anyone here - because I'm not - I just want to see justice, for all victims.

Sincerely

Skoob.

RIP
Francois Dubois, S.J.
Francois Dubois, S.J.

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 17 Oct 12 02:10
Arm,

Your point is well taken, but all the same, if the UK had 325 million people (legals), its crime rate, including serial murder, rape and child molestation would most likely be similar. Our two nations are quite alike. Sorry, but that is true.

The US is no slouch when it comes to locking up bad people. The fact is (according to DOJ) there are nine (9) violent serials out there for every one (1) known.

The UK is compact. The US is vast and has 21,000 political jusrisdictions that should, but don't comminicate well, even across county boundaries. Fifty states, seven territories, nine "zones" of influence, 9 time zones. It is huge. And we carry guns, yet violent crime is down, including murder, rape, abduction, assault and, yes, child molestations (at least what we know about, and we are looking).

You had Savile; we have Sandusky. Both monsters who should've been shot.

Skoob, I'm a Catholic too. And I take them to task all of the time for their short comings and crimes against children. You seem to think I was making light of this horror; if so, you were wrong.

There is a certain dislocation of basic morality in the entire world today that transcends politico-religious boundaries. Skoob, you see me take it on, without mercy, everyday on other web sites. I find nothing funny about any of this.

And yet, none of this answers the question I asked earlier: What is all the lizard people stuff, and the Masonic-Illuminati stuff about JS? I didn't make this up, and just reread it again. Am I to assume this is real?

My Lord, friends, the man was a monster, but what is real? What do you believe? I trust your judgement implicitly, so tell me.

And I did say our press is nothing to hold up as a shining light.

Get rest, skoob. You've carried a heavy load of late.

"And the lowly dogs licked Gaztopimus clean as he slept."
From the Lost Gospels of the SSHites: Chapter 6, verse 48
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Oct 12 02:50
Frankie,

I think I know you well enough by now to know that you wouldn't make light of a situation regarding child molestation.

And I know you'd never do that.

The lizard people thing is a reference to a guy named David Icke (Google him) a former sports reporter who currently conducts 'lecture' tours, and has some pretty weird theories.

One of which suggested something along the lines of a cabal of 'lizard people' who are really aliens, who run the earth from some subterranean cave. In South America or somewhere.

Personally, I think he's crackers, but having said that, he has his adherents.

Not for me to criticise - I can only give a personal opinion.

He is a bit mental though. (In my opinion.)

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Skoob1999
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 17 Oct 12 03:05
RIP

2 Pages - [1] 2 »
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum