This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / Hillsborough

[This topic is LOCKED]

AuthorMessage
Sidney Bollocks
This user is offline Writer
Sidney Bollocks

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 13 Sep 12 09:13

Just read the reports about Hillsborough. Unbelievable.

It was already a tragedy, but to find out that 41 died needlessly is absolutely heartbreaking.

I hope the bastards who are responsible get their day in court, followed by a lengthy spell in prison.

armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 13 Sep 12 11:12
They will not. They have all retired from the force. Untouchable me old mate. why do you think they took so long releasing the reports. Auntie is a clever old soul.

Lets hope it never happens again.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You aint seen me.....right
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 13 Sep 12 11:43

Quote: armfeetandtoe

They will not. They have all retired from the force. Untouchable me old mate. why do you think they took so long releasing the reports. Auntie is a clever old soul.

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not strictly true Arm old son. My understanding is that a few of the slippery boys in blue that fitted up the fans are still in senior positions in the South Yorks old bill so hopefully they'll be brought to book for their actions. I wont hold me breff though.

Conversely the prospect of the erstwhile editor of The Sun Kelvin McKenzie serving time in The Windsor Hotel with some hairy-arsed, muscle bound con with a glint in his eye as a cellmate is the stuff of which dreams are made hehehe.

I was actually at Upton Park tube station after watching The Hammers take yet another tonking when the news started filtering through on me trusty Sony Walkman. I couldn't believe it to be fair. Diabolical.

Hopefully now the Scousers have got some kind of closure and a result of sorts over this one they'll move on and let the poor bleeders sleep.

RIP.

THE SATIRIST'S SAFE HOUSE.....IT AINT HALF SSHITE MUM
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 13 Sep 12 15:53
Your right me old mate. Lets see what the boys on the square come up with? It is unfortunate that we have one of the most corrupt political systems on the planet.

Arm xxxxxxxxxx

Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 13 Sep 12 16:09
Not just this planet son! We've got a worse political system than Mars AND Neptune. The bastard MPs on those two babies are claiming on expenses for everything squire!

Martian duck moats, second houses on Pluto the full fucking monty!

Makes you wonder if it's worth voting sometimes mate. Tsk

armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 13 Sep 12 16:47
And wot abart yu Saturnists!? Usin Vulcans as sex slaves!

Arm xxxxx

Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Sep 12 17:00
Back on topic, I'm glad the Scousers got a result of sorts. They won't be celebrating of course, but all this has taken way too long when it was evident from the very start.

I stood on that terrace at an FA Cup semi final some years prior to 89, and it was a nightmare. From beginning to end.

I'd worked a night shift the night before Hillsborough, and turned the telly on when I woke up. I was gutted at what I saw.

I'll never forget a young lad in one of the side pens, holding the railings and screaming in desperation at a pitchside copper. The response was that the copper kicked at the lads hands.

Anyone who's ever been on terraces would have known instantly that what was occurring at Hillsborough that day was carnage. What I found most shocking of all, as the horror unfolded, was that it wasn't the police who took control of the situation, or the initiative. It was the Liverpool fans. They were the ones who seemed to be taking control of organisation, and initiative, even breaking up advertising hoardings to use as makeshift stretchers, and carrying the casualties away from the scene.

I'm glad the truth is finally out.

Hopefully now the families of the victims of the Bradford fire will get their day too.

That also, is long overdue.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Jaggedone
This user is offline Warning: Sharp edges
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Sep 12 17:21
A very disgraceful and sad part of English football history and we must not forget the Heysel Drama / unbelievable; sad stuff. JO

Monkey nutter...
Skoob1999
This user is offline Caretaker
Skoob1999

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Sep 12 17:33
Agreed.

Hysel was infinitely more complex, and the people who lost their lives there deserve justice too. Again, an antiquated stadium, idiotic ticketing policy by UEFA, and innefective policing contributed hugely.

Circumstances entirely different though.

Regards

Skoob.

RIP
Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Sep 12 17:37
yes or si: The Belgium authorities cocked that one up completely and that in the heyday of Brit hooliganism; beyond belief.

Don't have much sympathy for Liverpool fans normally, but these two broke my heart>

Monkey nutter...
armfeetandtoe
armfeetandtoe

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Email
Posted: 13 Sep 12 17:46
Yet again, it has taken over twenty years for the ordinary man on the street to get justice. How are they to rationalise the thought that thier loved ones could have been saved, if it were not for a bumbling idiot that now denies any knowledge of statement fixing? I listened to a doctor who was there, and he stated that the police did not have a clue how to prioratise the wounded and injured. He personaly took charge of the ambulances, when he realised they were ferrying the dead out of the stadium instead of the injured.

Arm

Jaggedone
Jaggedone

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 13 Sep 12 18:27
Arm, sadly that's the way it is, mostly!

Monkey nutter...
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 13 Sep 12 18:57
I remember being at Filbert Street having watched Leicester beat Chelsea in the old Div Two. Yes, that's right, Chelsea in division two. Try explaining that one to the kids.

I was just 10 but was shocked when I saw the news on arriving home.

Unfortunately, back then football fans were regarded as a bunch of violent thugs intent on having a punch up at any given opportunity. Fans were treated on a par with cattle, rounded up and shoved into pens for 90 minutes before being rounded up again and shoved into waiting trains. The cops we not prepared to deal with Hillsborough, some perhaps didn't care because they were "only" football fans suffering and dying.

The whole tragedy will stay with me for the rest of my life. God only knows what it's like for those who witnessed the events first hand and those who lost loved ones. My heart goes out to them.

As for those who are responsible, well, I hope there is sufficient evidence to prosecute the bastards who falsified statements to cover their own cowardly backs.

RIP The 96.

Simon

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Sep 12 05:45
Eloquently put Simon. I too remember Chelsea languishing in the tumbleweed strewn hinterland of the lower divisions.

Great wasn't it!

Interesting that you can remember that The Foxes came out on top in that game though as I cant recall for the life of me how the mighty Irons fared on that fateful day.

Probably lucky to get nil I shouldn't wonder

Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Sep 12 10:39
Clive,

It was one of the few occassions that season when our back four resisted the temptation to do a passable 'Buck's Fizz' impersonation and actually did what a back four should do, keep a clean sheet.

Chelsea were top of the second division and heading back to the big time. City were mid-table, as usual.

We were left with infamous curb crawler David 'Why use 3 words when 82 will do?' Pleat in charge, while Chelsea re-established themselves in the top flight and became richer than Richie Rich the extremely rich bastard.

Not that I'm bitter!

Anyway, I suspect the main reason I remember it was because while I was enjoying myself at a match, up the road in Sheffield, well we all know what was happening there. One of those "where were you moments."

My God, I do waffle on sometimes.

Simon

Currently discussing possible legal action with his lawyer after not winning the writing compo
Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Sep 12 15:47
Hehehe David Pleat eh mate?

I remember standing on The North Bank at Upton Park when Pleat was in charge at "Spuds" Tottenham Hotspur. It was shortly after he'd had his collar felt for the kerb crawling incident and at one point there was a brief lull in play for a throw in or similar and the crowd were relatively hushed as they waited for the action to recommence.

Suddenly the silence was broken by a booming cockney voice from The Chicken Run bawling. "YOU FUCKING SEX CASE PLEAT!!!"

How we all smiled as we sipped our half time Pink Gins.

You needed to have been there really

HaveIGotNewsForYou

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Sep 12 15:58

Quote: Clive Danton

Quote: armfeetandtoe

Arm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not strictly true Arm old son. My understanding is that a few of the slippery boys in blue that fitted up the fans are still in senior positions in the South Yorks old bill so hopefully they'll be brought to book for their actions. I wont hold me breff though.

Conversely the prospect of the erstwhile editor of The Sun Kelvin McKenzie serving time in The Windsor Hotel with some hairy-arsed, muscle bound con with a glint in his eye as a cellmate is the stuff of which dreams are made hehehe.

I was actually at Upton Park tube station after watching The Hammers take yet another tonking when the news started filtering through on me trusty Sony Walkman. I couldn't believe it to be fair. Diabolical.

Hopefully now the Scousers have got some kind of closure and a result of sorts over this one they'll move on and let the poor bleeders sleep.

RIP.

If I recall - West Ham lost 2-1 that day to Southampton at West Ham. I think Ince played and maybe even Liam Brady.

Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Sep 12 16:06
Right well thanks for that mate. I used to think the world of you at one time you know

Mind you I will say in our defence that The Saints were always our bogey team.........the other 91 were just arseole lucky

Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Sep 12 18:18
Clive,

There was a time when City fans used to chant "Pleatout!"

As a young whipper-snapper at the time I became convinced that was his name until me old man explained that they were chanting "Pleat Out!"

Oh, the innocence/stupidity of youth.

*holds hand in front of face to cover embarrassment and leaps through nearest window*

Simon

Clive Danton
Clive Danton

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Sep 12 18:32
Dont be so self deprecating and hard on yerself Simon. Until I went to school at 4 years old and the teacher called the register I used to think my name was "Shut Up You Little C**t"

They were cruel and foul mouthed parents but fair

radiogagger
radiogagger

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
 Website
Posted: 14 Sep 12 19:18 - Edited By: radiogagger, 14 Sep 12 19:20

Quote: Simon Saunders

Clive,

There was a time when City fans used to chant "Pleatout!"

As a young whipper-snapper at the time I became convinced that was his name until me old man explained that they were chanting "Pleat Out!"

Oh, the innocence/stupidity of youth.

Simon

I don't remember Pleat at Leicester. Luton yes, Tottenham yes, Seven Sister High Road in his raincoat yes, but not Leicester.

For years I used to think my local team were called Leyton Orient Nil, until we finally scored a goal and then it dawned on me...

RIP To the 96. Justice at long last for the families.
Lets hope those responsible get what they deserve.

'How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything'
T Harv Eker
Simon Saunders
Simon Saunders

Forum Profile
 Writer's Profile
Posted: 14 Sep 12 19:41
RG,

It would be fair to say that Pleat is not fondly remembered in Leicester. Mainly because he failed to live up to his managerial reputation but also because he hogged all the prozzies in the City during his ill-fated reign.

Greedy bugger.

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum